Sujoy Ghosh's acting debut

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:41pm | IP Logged

Sujoy Ghosh
Jhankar Beats and Home Delivery director Sujoy Ghosh has turned into an actor… well almost. He has been seen in a blink-and-miss appearance in Rohan Sippy's Bluffmaster.

Home Delivery has not done well, but Sujoy is not down. He is already planning his next film - an ice-cream tree!

We caught up with the irrepressible Sujoy for a tongue-in-cheek bluff-fest:

Why did you play the role in Bluffmaster?
Role! Thank you for being so kind. It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it part. Even I didn't spot myself when I was watching the film!

How did it happen?
Rohan was shooting the last scene when I went to his set, and all of them
forcefully put me there. There were around 100-odd peple, so I couldn't fight them. I was tempted though, to try out my kung fu skills.

How was the experience of one director (Rohan Sippy) directing another?
Rohan didn't really have to direct me. I just had to stand up. It was extremely difficult, but I am very proud of the way I stood up. Rohan shouted action and I stood up. Rohan must have been awed, but he didn't really show it on the sets. Maybe he thought Abhishek would feel bad if he did.

Learn anything?
Yes, I did learn a few things. Never show up on a set at the wrong time. And it is not wise to fight 100 men. Maybe 50, but 100 is a definite no-no.

Have you acted before?
Once, in My Brother Nikhil, and that's also because I had to. MBN was a cause rather than a film, and I had to support it. We need more films like these.

Have you ever wanted to act?
No I don't think I ever wanted to act. You need nerves of steel to act. It is extremely tough and I bow to every actor who manages this feat.

Coming to Home Delivery, are very disappointed with its fate?
Yes and no. HD was commercial cinema in a new format, and it wasn't accepted. But as filmmakers, I feel it is our duty to put our neck on the block every time. We have to keep trying. One cannot shy away from trying out something new against doing something safe. I'd understand if there was a magic formula to ensure box office success.

Where do you feel you went wrong as a director?
On hindsight, I think maybe HD was too layered, and because I was close to the script, I didn't realise it. As a result, the film turned out rather complicated. Also, the length was an issue. Yes, the expectations were rather high because of Jhankar Beats, and I can only apologise.

But I am still very proud of Home Delivery and what I have achieved. I will never make a JB again, and even if HD were the biggest hit of the century, I would never make an HD again. One has to move on.

Any plans for your next project?
The future is good. The future is looking like a children's film. My daughter wants me to make a film about an ice-cream tree. Very tempting… both the ice-cream and the thought!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sujoy Ghosh's acting debut" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Thanks

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Thnx. Smile

Tumhari_Khushi

IF-Veteran Member