Anita stars in south Indian historical ep

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

Anita Hassanandani
Despite shooting for a Balaji daily (Kavyanjali), Anita Hassanandani gets seven days off from her schedule to head south for her second Kannada film.

Anita, who plays the lead role of Anjali in the Star Plus daily, has worked in almost a dozen south Indian films in the past.

Southside story

"In the south, they are extremely hard working and professional. Their style of working is very different from Bollywood. Everyone comes on time, finishes the shoot and leaves. The job satisfaction is another obvious reason for accepting these films."

Talking about her latest film, titled Gundagali Kumar Rama, she said, "It is a historical, where I play Ratna a poor girl who is sought after by the king of the dynasty she's living in.

The film has its usual dose of romance and drama in it. The twist in the plot happens when both the king and his son fall in love with me. I say yes to the king's proposal, as I am unaware of his son's feelings for me. In the end, I commit suicide by drinking poison."

Costume drama

The Kannada film will be ready for release by August next year. Describing her look, the actress said, "I wear loads of accessories and very ethnic, traditional outfits. It was fun dressing up for the role."

Isn't language a barrier in such projects? "Not really. There is adequate help, with assistants prompting and helping with dialogues. Also, by now, I can speak decent Telugu, but I still have to work on my Kannada."

All work, no play

On the small screen, Anjali's sufferings continue at the hands of the evil Nitya (Amrita Singh), in Kavyanjali. "After my miscarriage, there will an interesting track happening between Nitya and me," she explained.

Suprisingly, Anita will be working on New Year's Eve. "I am planning to perform at a stage show. I like working and keeping myself busy. I have anyway been partying throughout this year."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anita stars in south Indian historical ep" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

simrat91

IF-Dazzler

simrat91

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
thankz

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Thanks I like her..She is pretty and she can act!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top