Tulsi to act in her first film

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

Smriti Z Iraani and Akashdeep Sehgal
It will be a reunion of sorts when Akashdeep Sehgal (Ansh, of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) works with his one-time screen mother, Smriti Z Iraani (Tulsi), in his directorial debut, Lotus Dreams.

Kyunki history

Confirming this, Smriti said, "During Kyunki, when Akash first told me about his desire to cast me in his film, I thought it was a joke. I gave him my word, saying I would work in his film whenever he started the project. Recently, he called to remind me of that promise, and after hearing the role he offered, I said yes."

In Lotus Dreams, Iraani will play a social activist. "I think Akash wants me to play myself. I still have to sit with him and get the details," she says. Apart from Sehgal's directorial debut, Smriti will also be part of two regional films one Bengali and another Gujarati.

Breaking the mould

"My mother is Bengali, so language is definitely not an issue for me. I am excited about this project, because it offers me a chance to do something totally different. My role is that of a physically challenged girl, Preeti, who is miffed with life, and the world in general. She doesn't seek sympathy or pity from anyone, but wants the world to understand her for what she is."

No more Tulsi roles

Is the big screen the next step for Iraani? "One thing I have learnt as an actor is never to take your audience for granted, but to respect them for the love they shower upon you. I am open to every genre of films, provided they don't want me doing another Tulsi."

The actress admits to getting offers for masala films. "Of course, I won't be running around trees, but I would love to do a commercial, mainstream film." Sounding upbeat about the coming year, she says, "2006 should be a big year for me, both personally and professionally. I always make it a point to thank God for all the blessings I have received."

Plays herself

Meanwhile, Akashdeep is busy recording the music for his film. Giving details about Smriti's role, he says, "I always wanted her to act in this project. Smriti will play herself in the film - an actress, politician and social activist. She is the main lead in Lotus Dreams, while the rest of the cast consists of children."

The film will be ready by March 2006.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tulsi to act in her first film" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

simrat91

IF-Dazzler

simrat91

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
thankz

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
thanks

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member