Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Annie's Diary: My life; My Times - Upd (Page 5)

Krishna_Sourav IF-Addictz
Krishna_Sourav
Krishna_Sourav

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
good topic.
I'll edit soon.
First about geet,
 yes , she is also 18 yrs old girl, come from very conservative family. she married as per her family choice and she complete her duty as a daughter of handa family and wife of dev, that time she don't know about that dev is already married and her marriage is illegal.she gave herself to dev.
now geet's decision about kept the child is right or wrong, still I don't know, geet as mother think to keep the child but if we logically think without maan it's very much impossible .

now come to the annie,
I blamed her(Annie) for this situation , I know she is 18 yrs old, love arjun but still , she know arjun  only 2weeks or less than  but she changed beauty parlor of geet to meet arjun, she deserted geet in the beauty parlor after know the attack going on geet. she lied to maan.she sleep with arjun on the marriage day of her brother.still lying to her brother. after this when she saw true color of arjun she will go back to her brother and bhabi for help.
yes it's 21 st century but still an educated and so called modern girl don't know the consequences and just blindly followed some strangers .

Edited by PrithviSanyo1 - 31 January 2011 at 2:15am

arunima_LUIT IF-Rockerz
arunima_LUIT
arunima_LUIT

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:36am | IP Logged
wow Bri thats thought provoking

I think Geet was more of a victim of circumstances ..she consummated with a man who she thought was her hubby..chosen for her by the family ..like a typical Indian wife she gave all of herself to him ..

then choosing to keep the babay was more of a decision that emerged out of her hurt, anger , &  the feeling of a half shattered . half-mauled dream, though I wonder how a lonely gal iN delhi wud hav brought up the baby without MSK's help..For her the baby was the only  family left for her though.

coming To Annie ...you dont sleep with someone just coz u love him when there is marriage ceremony on in yr home .thats too irresponsible an action coming from a so called ultra modern educated gal  ..she has hardly known Arjun for a few weeks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_Sourav

lovetheserial IF-Dazzler
lovetheserial
lovetheserial

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 2:37am | IP Logged
BdgT:

Its a very late response as this link was given to me by rickks Viji on the 27th and my laptop goes through these black out sessions; I thought I lost the entire word file.  My ideas spring from an unknown source like lightning, and just as the 'tornado' is pacified and the lightning dims away, so do my ideas.  So once written can never be repeated.  Today I just checked some old files and voila! my heart beat away was this file.  Taqdeer in the life of my imaginary pen acted fortuitiously.  So below is my response from a purely Indian Context.

I am not going to compare Annie and Geet.  Annie's Diary and her echoing words alone are being deciphered here.

Annie's Diary

I love that u've captioned it Annie's diary because it's easier to bash Annie the newcomer than any other seasoned actors per se. 

But let me emphatically add 'Annie is a symbol of independence, modernity, education, faith in the world, a defiance of tradition and culture that has been built and mirrored from the world in which she lives, obstinacy, spontaneity, gratification of the physicals as if this is the world today, grounded in wealth and power, a perspicuous damsel of changing times'.  Let us not look at Annie as the amateur actor or an unemotional lecheress, as postings addressed her.

Now when Annie says love and to be loved is not a sin, I agree.  Love is universal, acceptable and a cosmic love that keeps life on the move and envelopes this life to a faith invisible.  But it becomes sin when love hurts others or becomes mindless that it becomes selfish.  And sin is only an act whereby she would reap consequences that can be negative and breed unhappiness.  She is going to face that very soon.

Annie's belief and trust in human beings is a highly acclaimed characteristic because trust builds confidence and she is indeed a confident being.  But putting her trust in flimsy impermanent and immature humans can cause a lot of pain, because she is not gonna receive the same love in the same measure as she puts in .  That's the frivolous nature of the world and humans, who have imbibed from this nature.

Now the more complicated understanding of love, sex and pregnancies.

In a world thrust upon us, moulded by traditions, sanctity and holiness, then everything Annie is and stands for reeks of perversion and promiscuity.  Nothing good would come from her and she would be looked upon as an unholy or in Indian colloquial dialect a loose woman.

But in a world fast changing, and ruled by the world of celluloid, a western fusion, multi-nationals and a tech world that brings continents together, Annie is by these standards the modern woman, liberated and ambitious.  Many young would look on her as the role model of the times.

Love is free and love can be given and taken free like the air we breathe, the energy we receive from the sun or the wind that cools our bodies and minds.

Sex is meant to be enjoyed and a means to bring life into this world.  Sex in the context of holiness is grounded in  marriage where a family brings up a child, and as in India where an entire support systems of families that come together hold it in place but sex -outside of marriage-  for enjoyment & instant  gratification has to reap  consequences of the actions involved (heartbreaks, children outside of wedlock, venturing into the world of blue films, sexual orgies, commercialization of sex etc).

Pregnancies: Everybody has the right to preserve life, but only God has the right to take life.  If you ask me WHO GOD, then someone who has authored life and death.  An infinite Energy that holds the universal laws and cosmic laws to work its way through life itself.

Nevertheless, if we don't believe in the consequences of taking life, then one has the liberty to abort and do away with life, esp. in the case of women who would not want the growing child to suffer.

BdGt: to handle a baby does not require luxuries of life.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  MSK came into her life, but not favorably in the HP times or even when absorbed into work by a providence devoid of MSK.  He signed the employment letter blindly on word of Adi.  He was cruel to her.  The others wanted her out too.  But her tenacious character to preserve life, her determination to hold on to the job kept her employed.  I don't think a 12 pass girl cannot not get a job.  Maybe they fall on hard times but providence always finds a way to pave the way for taqdeer to act.

The few questions you put forward may find an answer here:

Celebration happens around a bonfire.  Grief happens around the cremation fire.  The same fire that supports life in winter also destroys.  The highest quality of fire creates light and warmth.  A medium quality fire creates light but also a little smoke.  The lowest quality fire produces only smoke and darkness.  One has to distinguish the different fires.  Similarly morality is very subjective.  Morality should in actuality create light and transformation.  But extremities of morality only subdues and anchors us in chains.  Morality should always bring happiness to live and the confidence to live.  When Geet lived with her family in HP, the morality they followed did not bring her happiness or create the confidence in her to muster life; everything revolved around fear but when she came to Delhi and met up with Maan the ideals of morality he believed in and her own allowed her to be a light in darkness, and transform lives.  Fear transformed into love.

Morality is always a conditioning of the environment and the religio/cultural set up.  True morality is explicit and liberates.  Anything that hurts another and hurts one's own life is substandard morality.

If we do not understand where life comes from or where it goes, just like the wind ' where it comes from or where it goes, we can hear it but not see it ' similarly the origins of life in the womb is a mystery, who are we to take life ? If we do destroy life, be bold to face the consequences.  Reality and Pragmatism has to have measures of  wisdom to stand the test of time.  Or these wither with impermanence as they are subjective.

Cheers friend.

Edited by lovetheserial - 29 January 2011 at 3:31am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUshemvbGeekgodBingearunima_LUITjyoti06SahSahrickksSilentsoulBlueberry_07Krishna_Sourav

mechantefille IF-Rockerz
mechantefille
mechantefille

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged
OMG AL...loved your post...esp the bit on Annie n the part about morality.

lovetheserial

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
I am gonna point people to read up the wonderful analysis of what one of my best mates on IF has posted

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1582423&PID=38506002&#38506002

Geekgod

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Updated PG 1 with Jan 31, 2011
lovetheserial IF-Dazzler
lovetheserial
lovetheserial

Posted: 02 February 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
TongueBri, love it.  You'll find me addressing Annie in forthcoming updates.  Perhaps a one-to-one is a better way to experience her pain and reciprocate.  Cheers.  Love.   ALHeart.

Annie as I address you,

Annie, the soldier's determined path and the knowledge gained thru ur tears make you both sensitive and strong.  Often people who are insensitive do not recognize their insensitivity.  And those who are sensitive often do not recognize their strength.  Their sentitivity is their strength.

A word of advise: Do not be subjected to sexual harassment and sexual exploitation.  Run after these on your own terms and not somebody elses.  Self-worth will give you pride as a woman rising on the ashes of being temporarily beaten to fall behind the line of battle.  Self-worth is 'action in your own terms', and self-respect, no one can take that away from you.

Edited by lovetheserial - 02 February 2011 at 7:32pm

GodHelpUs

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

Guess who's been reading Annie's diary Question????????

Why CV ofcourse!!Clap
Else how would one explain the somersault the track has taken. How the pea brained Annie finds a way to confront Arjun with the facts is CV's pain in the ass..I'll kick back, relax and watch it unfold.

Maan and Geet's cutesy moments are on over drive and OT (overhead transmission). Nobody told CV 'paas jitna behtar utna' toothpaste ke ad ka tag line theek hai but familiarity also breeds contempt.

Purely my PoV...Am saturated with the 'near-yet- so- far-barely-making-it lip locks that audience are dying to witness. There won't be one.
I can bet on that.
The last time there was any sembalance to a real time kiss, correct me if I m wrong, was when Maan mouths the 3 most beautiful word to lovebirds on planet Earth-ILU, amidst the fake snowfall...and Geet manages a peck on the cheek.

And I am not counting the 'lip service' on foreheads.
Disallowed.
Disqualified.

If I were Maan, I would have broken into an impromptu jig...
'Are o janeman! bahar nikal.
Aaj Jumme hai...pichle jumme ko ...sumthing sumthing..vada kiya tha...
Aaj Jumme hai.........
Chumma chumma de de...."Big smile

Meanwhile,I would single out today's "ghaas' as gift for someone 'khaas' stunt as particularly humorous.

With Valentine's day mood catching up in real life too, for all those who have been nasty to me,I will be sending them some 'ghaas', add some pebbles for good measure and effectLOL Serial dekhkar kuch toh changga idea mila..Oh! Geet ke babaji, shukriya.

DasvidaniyaSmile

Go to top