Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Annie's Diary: My life; My Times - Upd (Page 4)

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 8:47am | IP Logged

All walk only on land. Innocence has nothing to do with worldliness or education, but much to do with perspective.  If you perceive world positively then you are may not see the dangers that lurk everywhere.  Even the world weary are not invunerable to a clever criminal.  Love is a fundamental human craving along with hunger and desire.

Childbirth should be a privilige but, nature in its wisdom/unwisdom has made it a right. But, that's ulitmately alright because the weaker the parent, the unlikelier the seed will grow into a tree.  So, society need not worry.  Only the mighty will progress.

Geet was mentally & physically strong though economically weak.  Even with a valient knight at her side it is doubtful her seedling will become a tree.  If it survives then it is indeed mighty. 

Annie's non-existent seedling's survival will likewise depend on its parent(s)' health, economic power, and mental acumen (including choice). Not wholly on her biological capacity to be a carier.   

Education is only relevant as it relates or contributes to economic strength!  As for morality, its written on waterLOL 

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 26 January 2011 at 10:24am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GodHelpUsspringslovetheserialGeekgodSoapoperasrfun

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bDgT

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

On another note, education has nothing to do with being cheated. Let me take the statistics here, there are about 34% of educated women who fall prey to some charlatan or some scheme and combine that with genderless educated - so many people have become victims of financial fraud and so many other frauds in the world if you open any newspaper. In fact more than 50% if you take the housing collapse into consideration.

Totally agree..had made a similar post in the context of Geet sometime ago..in the name of honouring motherhood/womanhood or whatever, aren't we being stripped of our right to choice..why is MTP such a dirty word..doesn't a woman have a right over her own body..why should she have to suffer the outcome of what is best described as a violation..for her consent was obtained on fraudulent grounds..much as I like Geet's positive attitude towards life, I don't think her choice should be hailed nor should she be seen as a role model..this would result in undue pressure on women who may find themselves in similar circumstances..let us not be duped into being emotional fools..let us reassert our right to make an informed choice depending on the circumstances that we may find ourselves in..

Edited by janvis70 - 26 January 2011 at 9:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GeekgodAnjanaYYZ

rickks IF-Sizzlerz
rickks
rickks

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Hey Bri....Loved the Topic...I dont know if what i am gonna state has anything to do with what you have written but this is what i feel

What's the difference between Geet and Ani, except that Geet came from a more conservative family, and her immediate family was present to witness her marriage with Dev, regarding which everything was FAKE and Ani comes from quite a modern upbringing who gets away with what she wants, and did not have any witness at all to the so called marriage with Arjun.

Just compare both the situation the Girls have been in….You can witness History Repeat…..

The whole Geet-Dev Thing takes place in a matter of 25-27 days….

The whole Ani-Arjun matter too takes place in a time frame of 25-27 days…max 32

Geet was made to believe that Dev truly loves her, he convinces her that he is blessed to get Geet as his partner etc and so She builds up all her FUTURE LIFE based on that only to be shattered….

Same happens with Ani; she too is made to believe that she is the center of Arjun's Universe… that she is the one for him, and so she too dreams of a life with him based on what he said…will be shattered or not time will show

For Geet she believed that she was married and she was giving herself to her husband…Was he her husband NO!!!

For Ani she too believed that she was getting married to Arjun and she was giving herself to the one she thought was her life partner her soul mate….

Both these times the Girls believed that the Guys they were giving their selves to were honest and true to their words…..

And so they both have been the Victim of the same, just the motive they were used was different one for self Interest, one for the sake of Revenge….

What happened with Geet after she finds out Dev cheated her, what she does, how she takes control of her life is what we expect every other woman to do, if they fall prey for the fake marriage and atrocities in the name of family honor….

What Ani will do when she finds out, she has been used will def be something to watch out for….

Just because she got intimate with Arjun on the day of her brothers wedding, she is bashed left right and center, I feel that's unfair….. Its Sad Ki Ani is being treated so rudely……

Both the cases are same, then why was Geet Sympathized and why is Ani scrutinized????

I am not defending Ani….I really wish she would have boldly said to Arjun ki they can't do this…..

But at the end of the day she for once just believed and trusted the person she felt was genuinely in love with her…

Love VijiSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lovetheserialGeekgod

MishtyShona IF-Sizzlerz
MishtyShona
MishtyShona

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

This is exactly my point too bri... Geet was lucky to have MSK n a secure job.. Warna, where would she wander bout with a 12th std certificate in delhi... Also wat will she provide to her baby once its born????

Nice topic... detailed write-up coming latter...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Geekgod

MishtyShona IF-Sizzlerz
MishtyShona
MishtyShona

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Viji: Gaffe!!I wanted to say 12th passed!!

Smitha: How many 18 yr. old's the world over who sleep and get pregnant with a one night stand need to go for a pregnancy? I don't think it is necessary for a woman to act all matronly/motherly/mamta etc., to be called a woman or to live her life

I too feel the same... All this is very inspiring from a story/soaps point of view only, not in reality... After the baby is born, ???  She will only get around 4 months of leave... Lets be practical that she will not be given an extended leave coz of her baby...  So wat will she do???? Hire a nany/ leave it at a play school??? I don think she can afford any of it... She cannot sit home n tend the baby coz she has no money... She cannot carry her baby to work too.... So wat will she do... Personally i was not in for the pregnancy part in GHSP... I feel it was not needed atall... The same could be achieved minus the pregnancy factor is wat i felt....

Geekgod

--Nargis-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nargis--
--Nargis--

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rickks

Hey Bri....Loved the Topic...I dont know if what i am gonna state has anything to do with what you have written but this is what i feel

What's the difference between Geet and Ani, except that Geet came from a more conservative family, and her immediate family was present to witness her marriage with Dev, regarding which everything was FAKE and Ani comes from quite a modern upbringing who gets away with what she wants, and did not have any witness at all to the so called marriage with Arjun.

Just compare both the situation the Girls have been in'.You can witness History Repeat'..

The whole Geet-Dev Thing takes place in a matter of 25-27 days'.

The whole Ani-Arjun matter too takes place in a time frame of 25-27 days'max 32

Geet was made to believe that Dev truly loves her, he convinces her that he is blessed to get Geet as his partner etc and so She builds up all her FUTURE LIFE based on that only to be shattered'.

Same happens with Ani; she too is made to believe that she is the center of Arjun's Universe' that she is the one for him, and so she too dreams of a life with him based on what he said'will be shattered or not time will show

For Geet she believed that she was married and she was giving herself to her husband'Was he her husband NO!!!

For Ani she too believed that she was getting married to Arjun and she was giving herself to the one she thought was her life partner her soul mate'.

Both these times the Girls believed that the Guys they were giving their selves to were honest and true to their words'..

And so they both have been the Victim of the same, just the motive they were used was different one for self Interest, one for the sake of Revenge'.

What happened with Geet after she finds out Dev cheated her, what she does, how she takes control of her life is what we expect every other woman to do, if they fall prey for the fake marriage and atrocities in the name of family honor'.

What Ani will do when she finds out, she has been used will def be something to watch out for'.

Just because she got intimate with Arjun on the day of her brothers wedding, she is bashed left right and center, I feel that's unfair'.. Its Sad Ki Ani is being treated so rudely''

Both the cases are same, then why was Geet Sympathized and why is Ani scrutinized????

I am not defending Ani'.I really wish she would have boldly said to Arjun ki they can't do this'..

But at the end of the day she for once just believed and trusted the person she felt was genuinely in love with her'

Love VijiSmile

Viji....I agree that both girls were WRONGED...there is no doubt about it...but to say that both Geet and Anni behaved the same was is totally untrue.  At the time Geet truly believed (in her eyes and in the eyes of the world, including her family) that she was marrying Dev, and therefore she was his LEGALLY wedded wife.   She slept with him...in full knowledge that she was his wife and that she was doing the duty of a wife.   It was after the fact that she learned that she was deceived and that she was not his LEGAL wife.   In the case of Anne...she knew when she put the varmala on Arjun, that this was a sham of a wedding...it was not done in front of the world or in front of her family.  She knew that this rasam was just a personal ceremony...that after it, she would not be his LEGAL wife.  That is evident, because later on, while decorating Maan's room for suhaag raat...she goes on to say that "ek din mein bhi shaadi karoongi, ek din me aur arjun bhi phere lenge...ek din meri sej be sajegi."  So she is in full knowledge that she slept with Arjun outside the confines of marriage, where as Geet slept with Dev in the full knowledge that she is in the confines of marriage. 

The INTENT for both of the girls was totally different, hence the situation is totally different.  I sympathized and empathized with Geet when she found out that Dev deceived her.....but with  Anne, i sympathize that she has been deceived, but I CANNOT empathize with her, for I would not have done what she did, were i in her situation.

That is the key...we all EMPATHIZE with GEET, but we all cannot EMPATHIZE with Anne.   I hope this made sense.

lovetheserial

Geekgod IF-Rockerz
Geekgod
Geekgod

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
This is the second time I'm trying this (Man, my compy knows I hate her)

Awesome post Bri

Ok so before I start, I need to stay this.
I am not fond of NE, coz of her inexplicable entry in the show, but I talked myself into thinking she is his distant cousin(I have one imaginative and generally useless brain)
I have been heaping praises on her at very occasion...but thats misplaced anger. 

Having gotten that off my conscience...I will now proceed with my worthless two cents(I seriously need to get a new line, this is getting repetitive to the point no one believes it anymore)

As far as what she did was right or wrong...getting carried away in the heat of the moment does happen. I will not judge her based on that.

Should NEB(arright although it hurts me)...Arjun turn out to be like sure shot Dev and get it right/wrong based on how you look like at it.

1)I think its the lady's prerogative, after all she will be the one to bear the joy, the consequence or the burden, whichever you want to call it.

2)I wasn't watching Geet when the bad stuff happened to her, I started watching in July and according to me her having Maan in her life gave her and the baby a fighting chance. I am not casting aspersions on a woman's ability to look after herself. So don't get upset.

3)For NE its different, she comes from a well to do, sophisticated family who has a loving ,supportive grandma and Bhabhi now. A hotheaded but loving brother so she has a good support system ,whatever her decision maybe. My POV. Peace, peopleHug

God, I rambled...sorry.

lovetheserial

muskanp IF-Sizzlerz
muskanp
muskanp

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 3:13am | IP Logged
well written..agree wit the baby part..not a grt idea to have a baby unless u r ready fully to takr the responsibilty

Go to top