Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Annie's Diary: My life; My Times - Upd (Page 2)

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Viji: Gaffe!!I wanted to say 12th passed!!

Smitha: How many 18 yr. old's the world over who sleep and get pregnant with a one night stand need to go for a pregnancy? I don't think it is necessary for a woman to act all matronly/motherly/mamta etc., to be called a woman or to live her life

Edited by bDgT - 26 January 2011 at 5:21am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GeekgodSilentsoulMishtyShona

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bDgT

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

On another note, education has nothing to do with being cheated. Let me take the statistics here, there are about 34% of educated women who fall prey to some charlatan or some scheme and combine that with genderless educated - so many people have become victims of financial fraud and so many other frauds in the world if you open any newspaper. In fact more than 50% if you take the housing collapse into consideration.
Bri

Geet was cheated in a fake marriage where she went ahead thinking she is fulfilling the duties of a  wife....there it was not lust or mistake from her side unlike in Annie's case...what was unacceptable in Annie's case was the way she went ahead at a time when her brother is getting married...I m not saying educated girls can't make mistakes..they do make bigger mistakes but they r mostly intelligent enough to rectify their mistakes later instead of crying foul and so I said that she should go for abortion.....in Geet's case she was not educated enough to think on those lines.. and so she took the decision of giving birth to her baby on emotional groundsErmm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Geekgod-lazybee-

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
I understand that Jyo: if you take away the emotional grounds and GOD-given and all that, at a practical level it was not a pragmatic decision.

Let's take Annie's case, what is wrong if she slept  with a guy who she loved or even her boyfriend. So many 18 yr. old's do it today. What is wrong? Why is it a sin?
Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Bri, trusting a man is not wrong but its a message that trust within your limits. Just with few pheras and candles around, its not a marriage that can be called as a legal marriage. 

Annie's entry outside the mall had a reason behind it and I now get the meaning behind Cvs giving such an entry which started with a tiff with Geet(who was modern in thoughts yet knew where to draw a line) while Annie had commented that Indian traditions are the reason why girls and women still lag behind. She's made to eat her own words. Rather her modern thoughts will give her a jolt for the hastiness. What happened with Geet is fake marriage by NRI, with Annie's its pre-marital sex. 

The folly that Annie made was that  she should have waited! It can be repaired if she fights back and slams Arjun! 
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Shreya: My question is why is pre-marital sex wrong?  By what token is it wrong? In this day and age, what makes you say it is wrong? It is happening even to some 12th grade kids who are going and sleeping with their boyfriends.

Edited by bDgT - 26 January 2011 at 5:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Geekgod

Soapoperasrfun IF-Sizzlerz
Soapoperasrfun
Soapoperasrfun

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
18 year olds sleeping with their boyfriends or someone they love is not unheard of in today's society. I am someone with slightly conservative opinions and hence will not get into whether I think it correct or not. But, I certainly have nothing against anyone who makes this decision for themselves. 

Geet and Anne's lives cannot be compared for the simple fact that their experiences are different, their backgrounds are different. Geet is from a small town where even talking to another man in public is taboo. Geet thought she was married to the man she was sleeping with. She did not know she was being cheated. But Anne made a conscious decision for herself. 

The thing I have against Anne's judgement is just this. She was told by Maan and Geet that Arjun was Naintara's brother, the Naintara who had wronged their family badly. Maan had explicitly told her to stay away from Arjun. Geet had informed her that Maan cannot stand Arjun. If I were Anne and had a brother like Maan who hated my boyfriend whom I love, I would have first tried to win my brother's confidence for my boyfriend before taking such a huge step, wouldn't you? I would have thought it apt for Anne not to go and sleep with Arjun on the night of Maan and Geet's wedding. She loves her brother. He is her rockstar. But she was thinking just about herself on his wedding? People attempted to murder Geet. Shouldn't she have been more concerned for Geet's life? 

Maybe my problem is that I don't believe in blind love. Being in love should not make you this irresponsible (I am referring to her totally ignoring Maan and Geet at a time when they needed her).

Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 26 January 2011 at 6:06am
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Guess Priti, we are expecting that every 18 yr. old should and must behave responsibly. I don't think that is how it is in reality.

I know a bunch of 18 yr. old's who ran away from home, with their boy friends. Or those who got married in far worse circumstances or worse ways. Who were sold or dragged down into the pits in the name of love.

There are a bunch of educated 18 yr. old's who are just nothing but teenagers who get caught up in the moment, who have a relationship and don't have any repercussions or regrets.

I think we need to look at Annie in the context of the current norms under which some 18 yr. old's choose to live or choose NOT to live. She is a reflection of the times and sign of the times and there is nothing atypical about her behavior.

Teenage romances do end up in heart break, infatuation, lust, hormones etc., and there is nothing new to it - there is no need for us to judge one so harshly

Edited by bDgT - 26 January 2011 at 6:20am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GeekgodSilentsoulSoapoperasrfun

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Bri, Pre-marital sex is not wrong, if the couple can take the responsibility of the consequences. If they talk about what if, well in advance. Cuz even if protection is taken, its not always 100% that can be avoided. 

Like Priti said, if Annie knew that Arjun has a casanova image, she had seen him flirting with Taasha earlier, seen his I listen to noone attitude, she should have thought twice before submitting completely. That's the reason why we dont sympathize with her, unlike Geet who had no idea that her husband would abandon her at the airport the very next day! When her brother and SIL had warned her to be careful, she shouldn't have been hasty. 

Go to top