But I am NOT GONNA BE
A CASUALTY
In this WAR

The soldier licks his/her wounds
But never abandons battle
After I recoup
I shall get back to the battle terrain
And seize control

A war is not lost until the last bullet is fired...

- Anne's Dairy - tonight's entry
Jan 31, 2011

Undated

I have an innocent understanding of this world. Believe in it and it shall be true to you. Hold it in the palm of your hand and look at it benignly and it shall envelop you and cherish you, nurture you.

Regard it as your own and it shall keep you in its fold protected.

Was I wrong?

Could I have behaved any differently had the circumstances or people involved been different.

My life had always been swept away by the currents. I have adapted to the times, in fact, I am a reflection of the times.

To love and to be able to love without a single doubt crossing your mind is not a sin.

To want to partake of that love is it sin?

I have been true and I am true to myself and to the ones that love me, purported to love me or claimed to love me.

Is it wrong to believe in human beings, trust in the word, trust that men of honor and noble men are not a rarity but could be a possibility.

Yes! You say I fell prey to some man's machinations.

That I fell prey to lust.

Let it be infatuation.

But for me it was love at that point of time.

Did I take precautions that I would not fall pregnant?

No, I did not!!

But would I keep the child were I to fall preggers?

Yeah, I know, you would consider me frivolous if I told you I would take medical recourse.

Tell me, except in fairy tales and tales of Sages and Saints, no woman needs to follow through what she does not want to.

You think me cold, so be it.

I know who I am, I am not gonna live by your judgment calls.

These days more than 70% of teen pregnancies that are made in haste go into the abortion room and not the labor room.

By that token, half of the teens must be murderers.

In fact, I'd rather my kid does not pay for my mistakes or faults.

I'd rather have a kid when I am more capable of handling my own life and when I am on my own feet, independent and better able to take care of myself and my responsibilities.

You call it shunning, I call it reality, I call it pragmatism.

- stopping for now
Anwesha writing for myself

Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
i need to think before i write :))

an dput it in a way as well as u did bri..so im going to reserve n get back
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Hmmmm I need to think about it...🤔...

Annie believing in love..believing in Arjun...and also her teenage hormones forcing her to take her relationship to the next level once Arjun takes the initiative...is not a unusual thing or a Sin.....its just a unfortunate mistake on her part for which one will feel for the character...

But for a educated urban girl like Annie going all the way without using protection and that too at a time when her brother is getting married downstairs is definitely a very shallow act coming from her becuase of which she might not get the equal sympathy which Geet got after learning about her pregnency🤔...

We dunno yet if she will become preggy or not..I hope not..but in case she becomes preggy,she should immediately consult the doctor and take medical advice even if it means aborting the featus....because so far Annie's character came across as irresponsible and immatured girl who can't even take her bhabhi's responsibility in the beauty parlour because she was blinded by love..can she take a kid's responsibility at such young age ...can she b another Geet ?I don't think so...
bDgT thumbnail
On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

On another note, education has nothing to do with being cheated. Let me take the statistics here, there are about 34% of educated women who fall prey to some charlatan or some scheme and combine that with genderless educated - so many people have become victims of financial fraud and so many other frauds in the world if you open any newspaper. In fact more than 50% if you take the housing collapse into consideration.
rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Bri....Loved the Topic...I dont know if what i am gonna state has anything to do with what you have written but this is what i feel

What's the difference between Geet and Ani, except that Geet came from a more conservative family, and her immediate family was present to witness her marriage with Dev, regarding which everything was FAKE and Ani comes from quite a modern upbringing who gets away with what she wants, and did not have any witness at all to the so called marriage with Arjun.

Just compare both the situation the Girls have been in….You can witness History Repeat…..

The whole Geet-Dev Thing takes place in a matter of 25-27 days….

The whole Ani-Arjun matter too takes place in a time frame of 25-27 days…max 32

Geet was made to believe that Dev truly loves her, he convinces her that he is blessed to get Geet as his partner etc and so She builds up all her FUTURE LIFE based on that only to be shattered….

Same happens with Ani; she too is made to believe that she is the center of Arjun's Universe… that she is the one for him, and so she too dreams of a life with him based on what he said…will be shattered or not time will show

For Geet she believed that she was married and she was giving herself to her husband…Was he her husband NO!!!

For Ani she too believed that she was getting married to Arjun and she was giving herself to the one she thought was her life partner her soul mate….

Both these times the Girls believed that the Guys they were giving their selves to were honest and true to their words…..

And so they both have been the Victim of the same, just the motive they were used was different one for self Interest, one for the sake of Revenge….

What happened with Geet after she finds out Dev cheated her, what she does, how she takes control of her life is what we expect every other woman to do, if they fall prey for the fake marriage and atrocities in the name of family honor….

What Ani will do when she finds out, she has been used will def be something to watch out for….

Just because she got intimate with Arjun on the day of her brothers wedding, she is bashed left right and center, I feel that's unfair….. Its Sad Ki Ani is being treated so rudely……

Both the cases are same, then why was Geet Sympathized and why is Ani scrutinized????

I am not defending Ani….I really wish she would have boldly said to Arjun ki they can't do this…..

But at the end of the day she for once just believed and trusted the person she felt was genuinely in love with her…

Love Viji😊

Edited by rickks - 13 years ago
rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@ Bri, i know i am talking out of Context here.....But Geet isn't a 12th Standard Educated Girl....She was doing her BA when they decided to get her Married....and by the age 18 its very Much Possible that she was in her 2nd year....

Its mentioned in the show as well that she was doing her BA , Just thought of adding my bit coz i read your post to Jyo
😊
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Annie has put herself in that position but after watching yesterday epi I can't help but feel for her. Annie is young and somewhere naive. she let a guy convince her that he loves her. I don't believe in regrets. Everything that has been done and annie should be prepared and move on. It can be a learning experience for her.

spshastr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Res

While i dont understand why she did not insist on protection I need to think abt this post

SHe could
1)Abort
2) Deliver and put it up for adoption and that way not give Arjun his paternal rights

I dont think it is practical to have the kid ..but let me think and write on my points in detail
bDgT thumbnail
Viji: Gaffe!!I wanted to say 12th passed!!

Smitha: How many 18 yr. old's the world over who sleep and get pregnant with a one night stand need to go for a pregnancy? I don't think it is necessary for a woman to act all matronly/motherly/mamta etc., to be called a woman or to live her life
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: bDgT

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

On another note, education has nothing to do with being cheated. Let me take the statistics here, there are about 34% of educated women who fall prey to some charlatan or some scheme and combine that with genderless educated - so many people have become victims of financial fraud and so many other frauds in the world if you open any newspaper. In fact more than 50% if you take the housing collapse into consideration.

Bri

Geet was cheated in a fake marriage where she went ahead thinking she is fulfilling the duties of a  wife....there it was not lust or mistake from her side unlike in Annie's case...what was unacceptable in Annie's case was the way she went ahead at a time when her brother is getting married...I m not saying educated girls can't make mistakes..they do make bigger mistakes but they r mostly intelligent enough to rectify their mistakes later instead of crying foul and so I said that she should go for abortion.....in Geet's case she was not educated enough to think on those lines.. and so she took the decision of giving birth to her baby on emotional grounds🤔