Will Sultan return from the dead?

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 2:11am | IP Logged

Will Sultan return from the dead?

Rachana Dubey, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, January 24, 2011

Believe this… Ekta Kapoor, the head honcho of Balaji Telefilms and Alt Entertainment, wants Ajay Devgn back in the sequel of Once Upon A Time In Mumbai. The only hitch, as Devgn pointed out to her with a smile when she approached him, is that Sultan bhai, Devgn's character in the film loosely modelled on'70s don Haji Mastan, died in Part 1.

Devgn, whose four-day film festival Jeeyo Ajay starts on UTV Movies today with movies like Golmaal Returns, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Raju Chacha, Apaharan and Kachche Dhaage, admits that Ekta is keen to have him back in Part 2 but as of now, he is clueless about script developments. "I trust Ekta and her sensibilities. Let her finish work on the script, then we will see," he shrugs. "I'm sure the character she comes up with for me this time will be on par with Sultan bhai, may be even a few notches higher. Meanwhile, she and I have started work on another film, an action thriller called Special Chhabis."

Special Chhabis, to be directed by Neeraj Pandey, who earlier directed A Wednesday, is likely to go on floors late this year or early next year. The film revolves around a group of men who succeed in looting a jeweller pretending to be income tax officials.

The soap queen-turned-moviemaker admits that she has met Devgn for the Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai sequel and is working on an idea to bring him back into the project. "I've told him that it will take longer than we expected. And Ajay has given me the time to work my way around the story," she says. "He has spoilt me. Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai was an ambitious project for my company and he made it the film it became. By saying that, I'm not trying to run anyone down. It was a collective effort that made the story believable. But it's made the sequel that even more difficult."

Kangna Ranaut, who played a movie star and Devgn's lady love Rehana, is in the dark about the sequel. "I have no idea what is happening, I haven't been approached yet. Sultan dies but Rehana is still alive," she reasons. "Ekta is a dear friend, she would never offer me a film she didn't think was worth my time and effort. If she has a meaty role for me in Part 2, she will be in touch. Till then, we can only wait and watch."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/Will-Sultan-return-from-the-dead/Article1-654096.aspx

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radha187Abbyvivffkhaneraser

radha187 Groupbie
radha187
radha187

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Believe this' Ekta Kapoor, the head honcho of Balaji Telefilms and Alt Entertainment, wants Ajay Devgn back in the sequel of Once Upon A Time In Mumbai. The only hitch, as Devgn pointed out to her with a smile when she approached him, is that Sultan bhai, Devgn's character in the film loosely modelled on'70s don Haji Mastan, died in Part 1.

Thank you Ajay! Otherwise Ekta will go back to what she does best: bringing back people from the dead.

I think instead of a sequel, it would be better if there was a different but strong story with different characters if she wants the cast to remain the same. I don't think a sequel will be as good as OUATIM.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Ekta is known from bringing the deads back in her serials, so u never knows!

ruky786

mz.gigglez IF-Dazzler
mz.gigglez
mz.gigglez

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Hmm that would be interesting ! 

ruky786

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Goes to show whatever Ekta does on the small screen...she is going to show it on the big screen
ffkhan IF-Rockerz
ffkhan
ffkhan

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 4:17am | IP Logged
Small screen idea won't work in big screen Ekta jee.LOL

ruky786

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top