'The whole experience was a sweet labour pain'-

naureenfizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Sudesh Berry speaks to TellyBuzz about his experience in Sony TV's Maa Exchange wherein Apara Mehta and his wife Sarita were swapped...

Sudesh Berry and Apara Mehta, the two veterans of the industry come face to face in Sony's Maa Exchange!! Apara who lives in her cozy home comprising of only three ladies ends up managing a joint family of eight members!!! This happens when Sarita Berry, Sudesh's wife and Apara Mehta get swapped in tomorrow's episode of the show..

Tellybuzz had a chat with Sudesh Berry on his experience in the show, and the time he spent with Apara Mehta in his house..

Excerpts!!!

How was the experience in Maa Exchange?
I would just say that the whole experience was a sweet labour pain where I was put under a house arrest for eight days. What I expected was not what I got through the show.

What were your expectations when you took up the show?
I have to make clear that I am a low profile and a very intuitive actor. When the channel approached me with the show, I thought they are going to show what Sudesh Berry really is and what he is in his real life. But when the show really started, I was a little taken aback because what I expected was not really what turned out to be. The director said that in these eight days I just have to be myself which I felt was not really expected and possible. Then finally I took it as a game and played along with it.

What was the reason you took up the show?
As I told you I am a low profile actor and have not done any reality shows till date. When the offer came to me I thought this might be the chance to show to the viewers who I really am. But then it is a fact that thirty years of Sudesh Berry cannot be shows in just eight days.

Was it difficult to adjust?
I am born and brought up in a situation where I was taken care by my mother very well wherein I did not even need to take up my plates after I eat. And I live in an area where various film fraternities have been residing. When the show began, I was not allowed to use my cell phone also because Apara did not want me to speak to my wife. But then I had already said that I will not make the call since there are five cameras in the house.

How did your family react with Apara Mehta being in your house?
My mom was really happy and they enjoyed it.  

What was the most difficult thing to adjust with Apara Mehta?
Apara and I are coming from the same genre and she is a self made woman. She has her own priorities and I had made it clear that she is not a housewife but a working woman. I agree and respect for how she has taken care of her mother and her child.

What were the changes that Apara tried to bring which you felt was needed?
There was nothing that I could point out.

In the promos you were seen using abusive language; wouldn't that create a wrong impression of yours?
They are all marketing techniques of the channel that we normally see even for other products. For example, for an ad of a handbag, the product pictured are bare legs. Its all promotion techniques.

What were the matters that you discussed with Apara in the face to face episode?
We have discussed a lot many things and in the face to face discussion, the matter was a bit personal for Apara as the issues were regarding her husband. But then I had also told her that she is not completely a house maker or a house wife as she is a working woman.

What were the similarities that you felt between Apara and your wife, Sarita?
I have not found any similarities, but at the same time I must say that Apara is completely a daring woman.

How does Sarita feel being in the show?
She has completely enjoyed it and it was sort of a picnic for her where she went for driving and had great fun enjoying her freedom.

Apara had said that the women in your house hold do not work and have a mentality that women are the bearers?
The women in my household do not work like we do, but they do have their recreational activities which they do from the house. They do not go out and work.

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/8703-the-whole-experience-was-a-sweet-labour-pain-sudesh-berry.htm?loggedin=1
Edited by sweetrahz - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

'The whole experience was a sweet labour pain'-

Aptly described!

How would Sudesh Berry know about labor pain?
With this statement, sudesh berry shud have actually swapped homes ( not his wife). 😕
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sweetrahz

In the promos you were seen using abusive language; wouldn't that create a wrong impression of yours?
They are all marketing techniques of the channel that we normally see even for other products. For example, for an ad of a handbag, the product pictured are bare legs. Its all promotion techniques.

What an answer !! 🤢 ðŸ˜†
Whether a marketing techniques or not - Mr. Berry you did use abusive language. Are you trying to justify that by blaming channel and its promotional techiniues ??? 😲 🤢Edited by Nishita123 - 13 years ago
naureenfizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Nishita123

What an answer !! 🤢 ðŸ˜†
Whether a marketing techniques or not - Mr. Berry you did use abusive language. Are you trying to justify that by blaming channel and its promotional techiniues ??? 😲 🤢

He is just so crap!!! I hate him more after Maa Exchange
Desdemona thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Apara is right in many aspects. Sarita's devrani is so mannerless. Sudesh s hukka babit is such an yuk!  His son is wasting his life as Apara said. Their house is such a middle class type. The only thing they are all particular is timings of dinner etc. It is okay. But you can't be rude to a person that too a celebrety in such a way .Asking Apara to keep her bags inside the cupboard is the height of all.  Okay agreed that they don't respect for a  showbiz person. But atleast they should have some ethics. I completely agree with Apara.