Student Of The Year is not Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
'Student Of The Year is not Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'

Roshmila Bhattacharya, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, January 25, 2011
On January 5, Karan Johar uploaded the first look poster of a film on Twitter that marks his return to direction. The Student Of The Year will launch three debutants - Varun, filmmaker David Dhawan's son, writer-director Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Aaliya and Siddharth Malhotra, who along with Varun, had assisted Johar on My Name Is Khan.

Shah Rukh Khan whose Red Chillies Entertainment is producing the film along with Johar's Dharma Productions, essays a significant role of a college principal in this campus caper that has already invited speculations that it's a desi High School Musical.

SOTY"It's definitely not High School Musical, that's pure conjecture," retorts Johar. So then is it a modern-day remake of his 1998 directorial debut, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. "I'm going back to college but I'm not revisiting Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Why would I do that?" asks Johar. "If there's anything I'd like to recapture it is those fun times on the sets of my first film with my buddies, Shah Rukh, Kajol and Rani (Mukherji)."

For Johar, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is memorable for one sceneā€”the reunion between Shah Rukh and Kajol after eight years. "They were expected to be a little awkward around each other and decided to rehearse the scene together before going in for a take," reminisces Johar. "It was just a rehearsal but I had an instinctive feeling that they'd come up with something magical. So quietly I told my cinematographer to let the camera roll."

Unaware that they were being filmed, his actors went about 'doing stuff' completely spontaneously. Having said their lines they turned to Johar and asked him if that had been okay or he wanted it done differently.

To their surprise he shouted, 'Cut, print' and told them he'd got his perfect shot. "I hope something magical like this happens during Student Of The Year too," says Johar.  The film is expected to release later in the year.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/Student-Of-The-Year-is-not-Kuch-Kuch-Hota-Hai/Article1-654446.aspx

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Abbyviv

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top