Random Musings: January 25, 2011

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Hola Maryaada Forum,

Welcome to the Random Musings thread! Hug

Please jump in with  your views on the
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems, Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1:

Some simple rules:

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that! Big smile
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views Big smile 
5. Have fun LOL

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Manal
-Tuesday: Jaya
-Wednesday: Manal
-Thursday: Jaya
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open the thread on any of the days, let us know Hug]

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedMrsKaranGroverMehRya...Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Whoa...what was that...Shocked...I did not see that coming...but I will get to it shortly! Shocked

So the majority of the episode was focused on the wedding activities but a couple of things stood out for me.

• Chinu and Mr. Pradhan's conversation at the beginning of the episode was real and touching. Star It was so much better than the execution of some of the recent sequences with Mr. Pradhan and Priya that did not work for me at all.
  • Wily Rishabh and his usual manipulative games with Uttara was a drag to watch. How many more times can we have this hint of the Rastogi deal being given to Uttara's character only to have Rishabh chicken away from confessing! D'oh
  • At the Jhaakars, a verbally abusive SasurPig was in full form as Devyani helped him get ready. I loved this scene for its character consistency. Of course Brahmamand would blame somebody else for his inability to convince Aditya  to not marry Priya and who better to lay that on than Devyani! Spot on screenplay and dialogs...loved it! Star
  • Aditya running around yet again like an energizer bunny trying to get ready  was redundant and boring for me. Ermm I dislike signpost type characterization and this scene is a perfect example of it. Signpost type characterization for me is that which you do not need any thought to understand. The character behaves in such an obvious way that even a person who has never watched the show will be able to write a "signpost" describing the character after a couple of seconds of watching and this scene had that in spades! D'ohOther than that, the rest of the sequence with Babuji and Gaurav working on the Pagdi while the family watched was spot on! Star
  • At the guest house, a decked up Priya seeks her family's opinion on her outfit but is teased mercilessly by Chinu and her father! The screenplay for this scene was fabulous and the execution fantastic. Star Loved it!
  • Back at the Jhaakars, the baraat finally heads out! The detailing in this sequence was top notch! From Vidya moving away every time Gaurav came close to her to Brahma looking uncomfortable next to his crony to Babuji relaxing and joining the fun to Brahma reluctantly smiling watching Babuji...everything was fantastically executed! Clap
  • As Uttara is dancing with the family, slimy Rastogi sidles up to her inappropriately! I loved how this whole drama was executed in the midst of the baraat dancing. Again...everything from Uttara's initial surprise on seeing Rastogi next to her to her shock and disappointment watching Rishabh at a distance was captured wonderfully! As she slowly recedes away from the baraat, Rastogi shows up again and gets a well-deserved slap at Uttara's hands for his actions! Finally! Clap This scene was completely unexpected and I loved it! What a  perfect foundation for abusive Rishabh to make an appearance! Perfect! Star Star
Overall: Good episode. Its a 3.5 on 5 from me. It would have been a 4.5 or even 5 from me today but I really disliked the Rishabh - Uttara and the Aditya running around scenes. Complete buzz kill! Stern Smile

But...the last sequence of the Baraat leaving and the execution of all the dynamics...a full on 5 Star. Superb job Waseem and the writers! Kamya was spectacular in the scenes with Rastogi!

Edited by darlunia - 25 January 2011 at 4:08pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-mianbostedshmuupieRadiantTreasureanshraMehRya...Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BheegiBasanti

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedBheegiBasanti

nbosted Groupbie
nbosted
nbosted

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Enjoyed today's episode.  Well except for that creepy guy Rastogi.  Loved the chaos of the whole wedding and family getting ready to leave.  Really loved Dad and brother teasing Priya. 

BheegiBasanti

..Naina.. IF-Veteran Member
..Naina..
..Naina..

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anamekaa

just finished watching the episode..
it was really a good one...oh my goshhhhh
look at the guts of rastogi...he was doing it in front of everyone....he really deserved that slapAngry... finally the track is moving
but poor uttara..sheshould have known this after wedding..now shewont be able to join it...
for me scene of the day was when priya asked that how she was looking....it was sooooo natural....i could simply relate to it..this is feeling of the bride when u first time put on so heavy makeup and dress and all...u r simply conscious about ur looks.
and chinu making funny faces...it was really nice one...
now since priya wont know its ssp his father before wedding...i wonder how they gonna show that wedding is complete without the presence of adi's father...
looking forward fo tomorow episode

hmm I was thinking the same thing about how they could possibly get through the wedding without Priya ever seeing SSP but then I figured theyre probably just going to keep her face covered with the dupatta at all times...so she doesn't seem himConfused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedBheegiBasantianshra

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nbosted..Naina..BheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Hi Ani, Naomi & Naina! Hug

nbosted

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index