Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Krushna's Act (Page 6)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blyton

I agree with you about the voting system being flawed....isn't it always, on all shows?? Let's not forget that many times the marks the judges give are also responsible for letting the contestants be eliminated. This clearly happened in Salyana's case. Now, if the judges wanted to "compensate" for Ankita being voted out prematurely, should they also not have "compensated" for Salman's injury at the time by giving them higher marks than they deserved for that PARTICULAR performance, so as to act as a buffer against low votes??  Not as a buffer against low votes, cos they didn't know audience would be voting them less cos of one performance- they hadn't even been in the danger zone ever, but rather the judges should have given them more cos what they did was commendable keeping in mind their condition.

If, as you suggest, judges took Ankita's cumulative performances into consideration when deciding to bring her back, then during Salman's injury they should have done exactly that. Maybe they also regretted not doing that, so they decided to  be "wiser" this time.Exactly my point. Better late than never. But, to me this concern seems belated and misplaced. I can understand why Krushna is feeling cheated. If the studio audience (including your competitors)  gave you a standing ovation and the public survey also seemed to favour you, it would seem suspicious that the format was tweaked in another contestant's favour. I can understand his anger too, unfortunately the studio audience is not a perfect judge,  neither do they have the necessary technical idea  of dancing, and Krushna needs to understand that their applause does not mean that Krushna-Robin were necessarily better or the best (if you listen carefully- the studio audience many a times cheers Shekhar's lifts also LOL . The judges may have felt that Ankita and Krushna were both good but Ankita had an upper hand cos her cumulative performances were good.

Where public survery is concerned, questioning a few random people is no survery, its as more of a probability thing- you do not know which chits are going to come out of a bowl filled with chits- and Krushna needs to understand this well. Ankita, a soap star, and someone who has given very good performances in the last few weeks is more likely to favoured by the audience, anyway.

Again, don't get me wrong. I am NOT a Salyana or Krushna fan, nor do I dislike Ankita. I'm not even watching this show for the contestants.  I would not like it either if the format was tweaked for Krushna. I am questioning the need for changing it in the first place. 

The fact that the channel showed footage of Krushna being liked by the public makes me feel that they don't have a grudge against him. Same here.

I would rather question the judges. They may have the best of intentions but as I said earlier, the sympathy is misplaced. The public is allowed to vote on sympathy, liking, fan frenzy, anything. But judges should think ten times before making changes like this. Some people here are asking how we can raise doubts on the judges, but I thought this was exactly what discussion forums are for.  Same here. I don't have a problem discussing on this issue at all, as long as it is done with proper reasoning and POV's are put ahead properly. About judges making changes suddenly, well actually a lot of time was taken to come up at this decision (as reported by various articles), maybe after seeing how good the eliminated ones were- somehow when you know that the system of evaluation is going wrong, you feel the need to make an attempt to correct it and make the deserving candidate win. Remo himself said once that the voting system is often flawed. Yes, audience is allowed to vote on the basis of anything, but since it is a competition, the judges must have some sort of power to empower the truly deserving one to compensate for a not so perfect system. And this is why the wildcard round was introduced- to give another chance to a deserving candidate who could give a tough competition to the others who were safe. The only problem- this time there were very good dancers in the wildcard- some even better than those on the show. So the judges brought back two.

Edited by nikitagmc - 25 January 2011 at 1:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherry

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
The judges still have the veto power , and I bet they would use it on Shekar!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaan

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by venture

The judges still have the veto power , and I bet they would use it on Shekar!!!

Dead
sherma IF-Rockerz
sherma
sherma

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
if d judges  still had d vetro power and actually felt ankita deserving cld hav saved her on monday tat wld hav look realistic as she was d potd last week,now wen wc entry was dere it was clearly stated 1 entry and yana was better,much better den sushant too(although i wtch d show only for sushant)and ankita was gud so y tke her today and i liked krushna abhisekh dance too.dese r just my pov,no offense to ankita fans.
-naureen786- IF-Sizzlerz
-naureen786-
-naureen786-

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Ankita was good but not better then Krushna!!!! I think judges know that Ankita have better voting bank then Krushna

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

:::pooja:::Anjaani_DastaanRapier

Its_Sash Goldie
Its_Sash
Its_Sash

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blyton

P.S. I noticed that the judges didn't look too enthusiastic when Krushna got a standing ovation. Wonder why??

LOLLOLLOL

Script k against thodi na jaa sakte hain woh log....LOL Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaanblyton

Its_Sash Goldie
Its_Sash
Its_Sash

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
I don't think Krushna's act was better than AnkitaTongue.... because according to me it was the best act of the wildcard round. Embarrassed I must say that I can't stand Krushna much for his over dramatic loud expressions and never liked him either. But today's hiphop routine which they performed was very well choreographed.... infact the routine was very hard and Krushna and Robin... almost nailed it.Embarrassed

If it wasn't the wildcard round....if the judges were little flexible with their reality script.... i mean if the judges acted spontaneously to Krushna and robin's performance.... then it was one of the "This is it" performanceEmbarrassed The embarrassment was totally on the face of the judgesTongue 

blytonshermaRapier

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
I agree. ankita was average at best Confused she is quite clumsy and lacks the sharpness thats needed for something like 'taandav'. she simply doesn't have that impact. I didn't feel the 'wow' moment at all.

as for yana-salman, I've always felt that these two rely way too much on lifts to get them through their act. there's about a 60-40 ratio between dance and lifts, while it should be equal if not less. plus what was with yana's expression in today's performance? Confused the song had a sad, melancholic and tragic feel to it. and we have yana grinning like a schoolgirl all throughout the performance. she doesn't understand hindi, fine, but I think salman atleast would have explained the mood of the song to her?

I think krushna was definitely the best and was cheated today. he deserved to be back in the show. 

blytonhideRapier

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index