Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by desigal90

Ofcourse karisma's gonna say that. When you see your lil sis happy, you will be happy too. She's saying hte same for Saif today.

And how can shahid help kareena professionally? He was a newcomer, while bebo was already an established star by then. I can understand personal life help adn happiness, but I do not see how shahid helped kareean professionally.
established starr????? she hardly gave a hit except for k3g or mkkh before shahid came along wid his super strong debut which was a superhit movie! i guess FIDA was offered to her because of shahid i guess both passed each other flop movies
I am sure he signed because of her or because she is in the film.She would have done the same too.Thats what couples do right.They both try to figure out whats best for them and act accordingly.Sometimes it works most times it wont.

But i dislike people who blame then partners for their fate especially if its bad.Atleast give some respect to the good times you had with them .After all U were the one who chose to be with them in the first place.

Kareena had a bad phase after JWM before 3I.I did not see her balme anything on him.I dont even see her talking about him much.Y cant he give the same respect and treatment she is giving him.

Originally posted by infinity_9000

I don't know why this topic is being unnecessarily dragged.

This is what the guy said.

Keyword: Sometimes.

He mentioned 2 or 3 other reasons as well, but of course we all know Shahid boy is only trying to garner sympathy, and is being rather sly, right?

Because the guy has no life, except taking digs at Kareena. One sentence, and let's all jump on him.

If you have been following topics here recently.. then you can see.. that e-people jump on celebs.. even just after reading a headline so given the past kareena shahid history.. i am not surprised some people felt that he was taking digs at kareena.... and its not just one sentence here.. there is a whole paragraph dedicated to the question.. as to if he did those movies because of his gf.. and he is trying to be as indirect as possible.. but he is hinting at it.. and he must have known that it would become a nice headline like this!
Originally posted by cinema-goer

I am sure he signed because of her or because she is in the film.She would have done the same too.Thats what couples do right.They both try to figure out whats best for them and act accordingly.Sometimes it works most times it wont.

But i dislike people who blame then partners for their fate especially if its bad.Atleast give some respect to the good times you had with them .After all U were the one who chose to be with them in the first place.

Kareena had a bad phase after JWM before 3I.I did not see her balme anything on him.I dont even see her talking about him much.Y cant he give the same respect and treatment she is giving him.

No to jump in here...you all are having a wonderful discussion

There could also be just a mainly personal reason to this.I think Shahid feels resentful because after spending 4 years together with her, she doesn't want to see him or even be on friendly terms with him. They just say 'hi' at a party and that's it. Kareena's opinion on exes is that you shouldn't maintain contact and she didn't while Shahid has always wanted to.

So maybe he's feeling burned from that 😊
Originally posted by lensahunte08

Yes def Kareena doesn't deserve such insecure man who makes statement like these. Saif is much mature and a gentleman who doesn't make such statements about his ex-girlfriends or wives.  So am glad she is with Saif now too! 😊 She totally deserves a man like Saif.
what is wrong with the statement??? h is just being honest, people do get influenced in relationships, or r u talking about comments like kareena has helped me a lot through the career, i respect her a lot, or i will always want her to be happy!!!

kareena has not been good to shahid either!!! she is not comfortable in even dubbing a movie wid him or promoting a movie with him, she never mentions shahid and makes sure her friends KJO do not ask her questions about shahid!!! OR i think a lot of people have forgotten that how saif and kareena accused shahid ad priyanka for using their names to promote KAMINEY, talk about being INSECURE! if kareena was sooo secure she wud not kee saying things like 'i am the best' '
Originally posted by lensahunte08

You did movies because your girlfriend was in it?
"Ya, and I am very honest about it. Sometimes I did a movie because everyone told me that you must do this film and you cannot say no to these people and then over time I realised that you know success is really periodic"

Why can't he say NO. 😕 

That comment just made go 🤣 Does he really think we will fall for that. Oh yeah I did those films because I was forced to do it. So don't blame me 😆
my gosh, he did not even say it out of his will, sumone questioned him, he did not say that word kareena, he said yes sum people influenced him! and that includes a lot of people!!! he always says that he was quite unwise at that time!!!! chill out a little!
Originally posted by ladygaga

If you have been following topics here recently.. then you can see.. that e-people jump on celebs.. even just after reading a headline so given the past kareena shahid history.. i am not surprised some people felt that he was taking digs at kareena.... and its not just one sentence here.. there is a whole paragraph dedicated to the question.. as to if he did those movies because of his gf.. and he is trying to be as indirect as possible.. but he is hinting at it.. and he must have known that it would become a nice headline like this!

Whether he was taking a dig or not. Why isn't anyone talking about the rest of the interview? There is so much he mentioned, but everyone is focused on the girlfriend bit. You know truth be told I don't blame the guy, if he is still bitter about their breakup, and while it is stupid to point fingers at her by saying he made stupid movies b/c of her, but he did acknowledge that he had other reasons as well.

For all said and done in the past 3 years I have noticed this forum will continue arguing over Shahid-Kareena no matter what. I don't even know if anyone is unbiased here. Some members love the guy, so they will defend him, while others dislike the guy, so they will interpret his sentence differently. Before you assume I'm implying, then I'm not, all I'm saying is that can we all be a little less biased? Maybe put the bias aside, and then judge neutrally or something?
Edited by infinity_9000 - 13 years ago

You know, generally, I think you're a pretty cool member. But was it really necesarry to make this kinda backhanded statement? For the record, only Lensa, Zoobi, and I are staunch Kareena fans. Pretty much everyone else is neutral.

You are entitled to your opinion, but just a request to keep the fans out of the posts. Dont mind criticism against favorites, but it does get a tad bit annoying when the fans are constantly dragged in to make a point.
but it is an overeaction from the fans of kareena! he did not mention kareena, he said that yes early in his career he was influenced by 'PEOPLE'!!! that is not blaming or being resentful!!!! u shud maybe blame the media for asking him a million questions on kareena just to get sum spice!!! ab banda questions answer bhi na kare!!!! shahid has time and again said that he respects kareena, he was questioned about her throughout KWK, when kareena was not!!! kareena ranked him the lowest in acting and sex appeal, hence i think she has been much more disrespectful towards shahid, she does not even accept her past with him!

You tend to be my biggest fan. I was wondering where you were. I'm impressed, out of ALL the responses in this 11 pg thread, you managed to find mine. Congrats!

To counter or debate with you is useless.

So I shall instead fuel my efforts towards Xetaxeta.
Perhaps me being a Kareena fan has something to do with my interpretation of his statements. Also the fact that he has made htese kinda shady indirect statemetns about kareena in the past (a few which also managed to make some epic threads on IF), I get the feeling that this is no different. His tone towards her in general has mostly been resentful, which might be the reason why that's the perception that seemed most obvious to me.
hahahahaha yeh like in this interview he sounded soo resentful, he did not even mention kareena, and generally said 'people' and totally dodged the controversial question, yet u kareena fans feel that he has done the biggest mistake of his life, if u find such general coments upsetting and resentful, wat to do!!

Let me try and say this NICE and SLOW. Try and keep up. This wont be as complicated as inflation's effect on movie business.

1)  Kareena debut in 2000

2) She had/has connections because she works with lots of big directors/film makers and is from a film family.

3) Shahid debuts in 2003, does not have connections with dirctors and producers.

4) They hook up. Kareena knows directors/producers who are coming to her with scripts (Abbas Mustan, Priyadarshan) and while the female role may not be that significant, its a big project. THe male role is promising. (Ex) CCK and China Town

5) She agrees and then goes, "Btw, for this role, I think I know someone who will suit it blah blah blah, my boyfriend, blah blah blah, smile can melt women, blah blah blah, priyadarshan jee, you should definitely talk blah blah blah.

Sooraj Bharjatia, Priyadarshan, and Abbas Mustan. All were Kareena's directors from the past. 

yet priyadarshan gave shahid soo much role in his movie!!! does that even make sense, kareena shud;ve been the main person in the movie if shahid was given a role because of kareena, and sooraj bharjatya also gave shahid a role because of kareena???? wat a joke! then y wasn't kareena even in the movie????? y did shahid get a solo project withour kareena?????? oh maybe kareena wud've begged sooraj!!!! geez!!!!! newcomes come all the time and mind u if they do well and have got the talent they do not need their gfs to get them roles!!! if shahid was soo desperate he wud'v initiated the relationship, but it was kareena who tried very hard to get a friendship rolling wid shahid! maybe she was desperate for roles in movies!