Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: desigal90

Perhaps, but you should appreciate a helpful gesture. If  someone helps you start out by getting you connectinos and films, its just not in the best taste to say, years later when you're successful, oh, I shouldnt have done those films. I only did them coz she decided, that was a mistake, etc etc. We all make our own decisions. And I dont think he meant it in a positive way when he said he did films just coz she was in em as in a loving way. Coz he's reflecting on it when speaking of being "insecure" and not being as upfront and open as he is today. It seems like he's making it seem like she made the decisions for him or something, hence the use of the word "insecure".

You go through a phase together. And perhaps you make joint decisions, like maybe we should do this movie together. Ok, I  say yes. Its all part of a journey. Just sounds bitter to say years later, damn it, did those movies for her and I didnt even want to. Like what amazing movies were you being offered at the moment that you had to settle for those lessers films with your girlfriend?

Like I know his statements can be interpretted in different ways, but this isnt the first tims he's spoken of her (directly or indirectly) in a resentful tone.

Maybe you are being a little paranoid about the comment. He just stated it as one of the reasons he chose a film, he didn't say he did a bad film because of Kareena. It just means that he feels it was a stupid way to choose a film.

And this is true of all relationships, people do end up making decisions based on their feelings for one another. It doesn't mean that the decision itself is always wrong. Like you said, Shahid had better roles in the films he did with Kareena than others. And Kareena was signing films because of Shahid too. Which is a stupid way of choosing films, from both points of view. You are saying SK should not be regretting doing this because he ended up benefiting from KK's films, which were better than the ones he would have received otherwise. But wasn't KK herself not-so-successful at that point?  And I am sure you remember, Imtiaz Ali had said that he could only get Kareena for JWM because of Shahid. So from KK's point of view she did JWM because of Shahid. So would you say KK benefited because she did films because of Shahid? No! There is no connection. JWM turned out be a breakthrough for Kareena, because of her role, not because of the reason she did it. The reason itself was quite silly. Shahid also said he did films because of his friends, and directors, instead of the script. Does that mean he resents his friends or those directors? No. He just feels that he should have had better sense when it came to making a career related decision. No one was forcing him to do what he did. He is finding fault with himself, not blaming others. 

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
but it's not like he's choosing the best of the scripts now... his script sense is pretty much the same... he goes from one end of the spectrum to the other... 😛😛

so it does seem somewhere as he is trying to justify his career choices of the past... the comment about 'finally making good decisions in the past 3 or 4 years', doesn't really make sense, considering the movies he's come out with... apart from kaminey and jab we met, he doesn't really has anything else to boast about, in terms of choice of his movies... 😛😛😛
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shahid you're doing much worse scripts now than you did during kareena times..Even Imran Khan scripts are much better who is a newbie to you. Shame Shame!
Originally posted by: LEO88

Even without the backing, have you achieved everything you wanted to by the time you are 30?
I have a lot more than what I had expected. But there's too much more that I need to do and I am ready to work day and night for it. I remember, Will Smith said this one very beautiful sentence, which for me has become my mantra. I was watching his interview sometime after "Hancock", when he was being touted as the biggest star in Hollywood and that's very surprising with actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt around and he said, "You can be better looking than me, you can have a better body that me, you can be a better actor than me but when you run with me on the treadmill, I will outrun you." That was very beautiful, he said that I work harder than anyone else and that's what makes me what I am. That's my mantra ' I'm ready to work harder than anyone.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-did-movies-for-Kareena-Shahid/articleshow/7360456.cms

lol, what's with bollywood's obsession with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt?... it seems like they are the be all and end all of hollywood.
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
imran has as bad of films as Shahid maybe even worst   
other than Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na imran has 0 good films in his pocket

back to Shahid in his career he has at least four good films Isq Vishk 

Vivah Jab we met Kaminey his best film yet Mausam looks promising i think he will be more careful with his decisions now 

P.S. his performance in Badmaash Company was good also the film was okay 

Shahid and Vivek Oberoi play the same victim card. 👎🏞

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think people are forgetting that Shahid's first movie was a Hit and at that time he wasn't even dating kareena. They started dating around 2004 I think

but anyways kareena and shahid both did stuff for each other. They were in love so that makes sense
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gosh! As if producers were lining up for his MJ wannabe dance and over the top acting.. Atleast your girl got you some movies or else you will be at home eating veggie pizzas ðŸĪŠ 
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Karisma is kareena's sister so she knows the situation best. She said it on an interview that both kareena and shahid helped each other out personally and professionally but shahid had a huge positive impact on her for everything
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes, that implies to him too..Why does he make it so resentful and regretful?? He is making it sound that he only did movies because of her and lost some great movies due to it?...Atleast he made some cash out of it or else he wouldn't be around. He got the great amount of publicity because she was always shouting from the rooftop about him...There wouldn't be a greater PR for him than her at that point of time...