Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Purab BACK in JJKN- Starts shooting tom!

anonmember thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Purab says he's back in Jassi...
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 16, 2005

HE'S BACK: Sameer 'Purab' Soni
Last November, one of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin's most popular characters made a sudden exit from the show. Purab (Sameer Soni), Jassi's love interest, was dropped from the serial as "his character had to make an exit".

Soni now confirms that he has been asked to come back on the show. "I got a call from the channel asking me if I was interested in coming back on Jassi.... I immediately said yes."

Soni starts shooting for the show tomorrow and isn't ready to reveal the way his character will shape up. "I can't say much because I don't know which direction the track is going to take, but I can confirm that I will be a part of the show for sure."

Since Jassi… is a daily soap, the actor claims it would be difficult to predict if Purab would have the same shades that he had when Soni quit.

"Purab was a very popular character; no one can deny that. Wherever I went, people would ask me when I would be back in Jassi…. Now I can officially tell them that I'm back."

However, channel head Tarun Katial is cautious. "The channel has yet to sign a contract with him. I can't comment before the legalities fall into place," he says

Viewers may recall that last March Soni entered the show as the new man in Jassi's life. Post Armaan's (Apoorva Agnihotri) engagement with Mallika (Rakshanda Khan), a heartbroken Jassi wants to get away from Gulmohar House.

During this time, she encounters Purab and falls in love with him.
Purab's exit left many baffled as a poll conducted by the channel indicated his increasing popularity with the viewers.

The opinion poll asked viewers to choose whether Jassi should go to Armaan or Purab and the votes heavily swung in Purab's favour.

Soni, who is also seen in Dil Kya Chahta Hai on Star One, is currently doing a play called Anything But Love opposite Mandira Bedi.

He says, "I can't comment on the exact reason why the channel has approached me again. You would have to ask them. But I guess it's because of the love people have showered upon me."

Jassi turns author

Whether in the boardroom or conference hall, Jassi's fundas are unique and simple. She has now written a book on how to succeed at work.

We don't know if Armaan Sir has imbibed it yet, but Jassi feels you don't have to be a rocket scientist or a Miss World to succeed in life.

Follow her simple tips in Jassi's 7 Steps to Success, in which she shares her experience of beating the odds through perseverance and courage.

Subjects include how to get your dream job and get ahead in your career, what employers want, how to dress and behave in office, and time and money management.

Also includes sections on how to develop your personality and be the life of a party.

The book, published by Popular Prakashan, is also available in Hindi β€” Jassi Ke Saath Safalta Ki 7 Seedhiyan.

There is also a collection of Jassi colouring books for kids.

Jassi will launch Jassi's 7 Steps to Success on Thursday at Crossword, Kemps Corner, from 4 pm to 7 pm

Source:mid-day.com HitList
Edited by sonynyu - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Anjali* thumbnail
thanks for the info, sonynyu!  I'm thinking Purab's role will shape up into that of Michel from BLF.  I am glad he's coming back b/c his exit was poorly done and unnecessary---especially since they were such good friends.  I'm sure they will be able to patch up their friendship once more.
ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thnx for the article sony...........atleast now people will believe in the fact!!!

queenbee thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anjali308

thanks for the info, sonynyu!  I'm thinking Purab's role will shape up into that of Michel from BLF.  I am glad he's coming back b/c his exit was poorly done and unnecessary---especially since they were such good friends.  I'm sure they will be able to patch up their friendship once more.

Very true!!!!

I don't mind Purab back on the show... always ready for some more eye candy.. πŸ˜‰ .. I think it would be fun provided the pace of the story dosn't slacken.
dolly1211 thumbnail
wow... cant wait to c Purab on JJKN...
Daisy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Sonynyu, atlast some official information.

Btw,

Viewers may recall that last March Soni entered the show as the new man in Jassi's life. Post Armaan's (Apoorva Agnihotri) engagement with Mallika (Rakshanda Khan), a heartbroken Jassi wants to get away from Gulmohar House.

During this time, she encounters Purab and falls in love with him

Falls in love with him?????????????????????? πŸ˜•
queenbee thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Daisy

Btw,

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Since when has Mid-day become the ultimate authority on all things Jassi????? Obviously they havn't seen the way Jassi tried to wriggle out of saying those three lil words to Purab every single time he asked... !! Or how she would turn to Armaan still, despite Purab being there for her... how the truth rolled off her tongue that night at the pani-puri stand.. POOH πŸ˜› Ignore it
Selina thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Daisy

Btw,

πŸ˜•

nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

jassi se tips !!!!!!!!! on how to dress😲 and behave in officeπŸ˜•, and time and money management.

KABHI NAHIIIIIII  !!!!!!!!

i would rather prefer armaan's advice os to how to ctrl two irritatiing women at a same time (let me make it three .....how can I leave pari ??)

and purab is back !!!!!!!πŸ˜›πŸ‘πŸ‘

bas02 thumbnail
WOW...so it is true!! I have no words😳....but it will definitely be nice to see purab again!😳