The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maan-ki-sanjana

maan-ki-sanjana IF-Dazzler
maan-ki-sanjana
maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Hi Everyone!!
Thanks again for the comments.
I'll try to post the next chapter tomorrow.......or the latest the day after.
Hope you all are enjoying the story
!
SanjanA

nazsij

kkaavvyyaa Senior Member
kkaavvyyaa
kkaavvyyaa

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=maan-ki-sanjana]Hi Everyone!!
Thanks again for the comments.
I'll try to post the next chapter tomorrow.......or the latest the day after.
Hope you all are enjoying the story
!
SanjanA

we r njoing,,,,,u mst b jokng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!instead v r lovng ittttttttttttttttt

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nazsijmaan-ki-sanjanapreethiaKaSh-Maneet-Fan

doosheeka Goldie
doosheeka
doosheeka

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
i am really enjoying the FF. i can't get enough of it...........................be quick.................will be waiting for you impatiently...................

maan-ki-sanjana

maan-ki-sanjana
maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kkaavvyyaa

we r njoing,,,,,u mst b jokng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!instead v r lovng ittttttttttttttttt

THANK YOU!LOL Great to know that you are loving it!

Originally posted by doosheeka

i am really enjoying the FF. i can't get enough of it...........................be quick.................will be waiting for you impatiently...................

Aww thanks a lot! I shall try not to make you wait too long Big smile
spvd IF-Addictz
spvd
spvd

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:41am | IP Logged
add me to ur pm list dear.............

maan-ki-sanjana

maan-ki-sanjana
maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 5:34am | IP Logged

Lots of thanks and gratitude to all you readers. Enjoy reading the chapter!

I was finally able to upload the pictures...so here we go!

Lily

Rahul Handa:

Sliver and blue

Chapter 7: Building sandcastles and dreams

We weave a dream,

Lifetime in a moment

Sandcastles as our abode,

Wind as our guest,

Grass and trees as witnesses

For the meeting of souls

MAAN's POV

Maan had never felt this relaxed ever. For the first time he felt utter calmness which was a surprise considering what day it was. This day of the year has always been the most difficult, but today it had become something else. Sitting on the beach he still felt the pain that haunted him but somehow it was bearable. It was difficult to stay upset around her as she had an aura that refused to let him brood.

Finally Belle started talking, in a soft whisper she said "When I was younger my dad used to take me to the beach to play. It used to be so magical; spending the day with my parents, playing with the water and sand. I used to wish that the day would never end, that the sun would never set."

All the while she was talking, he was just staring at her. She looked so innocent and peaceful while she was talking about her childhood adventures. The moonlight glinted of her smooth skin, taunting him to reach out and touch her. Her lips never stayed in one position, she was always smiling or biting her lips, forever drawing his attention towards them.

"The smell of the beach is so intoxicating and I love the feel of sand between my toes. Even today I find it difficult to resist making sandcastles when I come to the beach. Come, let's make one!" With that she pranced off towards the sand, gesturing for him to follow. And how could Maan resist but follow her. He watched as she started to gather sand and also used a cup (from her bag) to start her little project. She didn't seem to care that her runners were getting filled with sand or that her trouser were dirty. So he just sat down next to her.

Maan what are you doing with this strange girl? Why are you following her lead? Would anyone believe that the great MSK is sitting on the sand with a girl he barely knows?

"Come on help me!" She must have sensed his hesitation because she add "Iman don't tell me you've forgotten how to build a sandcastle!"

Maan managed to say "I've never built one before"

"OH NO!" She looked horrified, as if he had said that he killed little puppies for fun. "That is so sad! You have to build one! It's a part of growing up"

Maan just raised an eyebrow and said derisively "It's a silly and useless activity. I don't waste my time on stupid things like building sandhouses'or whatever they are called"  

MSK play with sand? That is impossible. What is this girl thinking? Even if she doesn't know me, its still silly to ask a grown man to play with sand. Unless the man is an idiot. And MSK is definitely not one!

Belle gave a calculating look towards him. "They are called sandcastles. Ok I get it. You're just scared that you won't be good at making one. That's alright, I guess you wouldn't have made a nice one anyway. You wouldn't have the talent and skill require to make one" There was a mock sadness in her tone.

While Maan understood what she was trying to challenge him so that he would join in, he couldn't help get riled up. "Whatever I do, I carry it out to perfection. Even at making a silly sandcastle." With that he started to make one himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both of them were engrossed in making their sandcastles as it if was a matter of urgency as opposed to fun. However after finishing her sandcastle, Geet was annoyed when she saw that Iman's sandcastle did look better than hers. Somehow it looked more realistic and stable. Iman even had a smug look on his face, he knew that his one was better than hers.

This guy is an absolute freak. It's the first time he is making this and yet it turns out to be perfect! How is that even possible?

For a moment Iman turned around to get some more water for his creation and in those few seconds Geet made a decision. He can't be allowed to win. No! It seems like he is already arrogant enough without needing another badge. So she quickly pushed at the sandcastle, causing it to tip over.

Iman turned back and was shocked to see his beautiful sandcastle destroyed and the satisfied look on Geet's face. However his expression soon changed to an evil grin and he kicked Geet's sandcastle.

Geet was so devastated that she picked up the remains of her sandcastle and chucked the sand at Iman head, getting sand all over his hair. For a second he looked livid and was silent but then he leaped towards her. In that split second  Geet managed to run. Things then got out of hand; they started throwing sand at each other and also ended up getting wet. Both were laughing hysterically, while chasing one another around the beach and screaming.

Finally, when they had finished their sand fight, they sat down on the sand, both breathing hard and tired. Any possible awkwardness between them had been broken by this experience. 

"It's moments like this that I wish I could relive my childhood. I wish I could go back to in time and tell the 12 year old me to enjoy life. To live life." Geet was looking towards to water, as she said this, so she didn't notice the intense stare that Iman was giving her but if she knew it would have scorched her skin. "When I was a little kid I was very sick, so I didn't get to do the things other kids did. I don't know how to ride a bike or skip. I am still a very poor swimmer. What about you? How was your childhood?"

This time Iman looked away from Geet's penetrating gaze. "I lost my Mum when I was nine. So my childhood was''difficult'and not like other kids either."  He paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "Today is my Mum's death anniversary"

"Oh! I'I am'" Geet took a deep breath and started again. "I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Words such as sorry and sympathy seem so cold in such a situation. I obviously can't understand the depth of pain it is to lose a parent but I still feel for you. I wish I could do something to make this day a bit bearable."

Iman gave a bitter sweet smile at her, "You have already made it more than bearable. So thank you."

Geet was surprised at the torrent of emotions flowing through her at the moment, causing the lump in her throat. She was feeling so much sadness at the thought of a young boy without his parents. She had always taken her parent's for granted but felt sad for people like Iman, Rahul and Lily who weren't as lucky.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked tentatively. When he shook his head, she knew that she had to back off and not intrude on his personal issues. Instead she tried to change the topic. "Well see it was fun making sandcastles. Reliving childhood is always enjoyable, isn't it." Suddenly an idea popped into her head. She knew that it was silly, especially considering that fact that Iman was a stranger and she could be putting herself at risk. But for some reason all she could focus on was that this man was so sad and she wanted to bring a smile on his face, to lighten his life. "I have an idea. Today you did something that most people do when they are little kids, something that is a part of growing up. Both of us have had difficult childhood and have missed out on things that seem to be essential to life. So...why don't we do all those things? You know things that kids do and that is part of growing up"

Iman looked at her as if she was crazy. "We aren't little kids" was his succinct and terse response.

Geet was getting more excited by the idea. It seemed great to her because her friends would never understand this desire of hers and would definitely try to stop her. "Come on. We had fun today. And it won't be embarrassing because we are strangers. What do you care if I see you in embarrassing situations? No one outside will know about this. Come to think of it let's make a pact. We won't try to find out each other's identities so this will never get out. If we talk about our lives we won't use any names. There is a certain freedom in being with a stranger, there isn't any pressure."

Iman's response was to the point. "No" He seemed implacable.

But Geet didn't pay any attention to him. In her mind she had already decided that they were going to have fun! She was already making plans of all the things they could do.

Oh I could learn how to ride a bike. All the possibilities!

And that was the start of a friendship that would change them both in ways that they couldn't have expected or imagined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT:

Both the Khurana men set out early in the morning with the same destination. However they were unaware that they both desired to meet the same woman. There were questions to be asked and mysterious to be solved. And she was the only one with the answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maan made sure he reached the hotel early in the morning because he wanted to ensure  that Geet had no way of escaping. They had much to discuss and fix, because not being with her was no longer an option for him now that he had seen her again.

Firstly Maan talked to the hotel manager who tripped over himself trying to impress his temperamental boss. Everyone knew that Maan Singh Khurana, owner of Khurana Enterprises, was a difficult man to impress. So no stone was unturned to cater to his wishes. But for Maan this was the norm, he was used to having things his way. After all who would be suicidal enough to stand in his way?

Maan was waiting in the lobby, for he wanted to be a bit more patient than yesterday. He knew that he had acted impulsively but he had been parched for a moment with her. Now he was willing to be a bit more pragmatic. He knew that it was a matter of time before she would come down from the room and he would be waiting to confront her.

While he was waiting suddenly something small slammed into him. As he looked down he met wide hazel eyes that were identical to the pair that forever haunts him.

However the owner of the eyes wasn't the person he was seeking. Instead she was a gorgeous little child who at the moment seemed disgruntled and not in the happiest mood. Maan wasn't attached to little kids but this little girl pulled at his heart because she reminded him of his soul mate. She, who had taught him to embrace life and had changed his way of looking at the world. So with more gentleness that anyone would have ever expected from Maan, he bent down and tried to console the little girl.

"Hi. What are you doing by yourself alone? Are you lost?" His words were met with a nod. "Ok, then tell me your name and I'll try to find your parents." This time she shook her head. "Why? Tell me your name otherwise how can we find your mum and dad."

The little girl gestured for him to come closer and said into his ears. "No names to strangers'but you can call me Princess Mel. What is your name?"

If Maan hadn't been touched by this little girl already, her cute little comment won him over. He gave a little laugh and replied to her. "Remember no names to strangers. But you can call me your Knight, little princess."

She looked delighted by his comment and gave a beautiful grin. "Do you have a sword and fight dragons?"

He pretended to be offended by his comment, "Of course! How else do Knights protect their Princesses? But Princess Mel we have to find your parents."

She gave another grin and nodded. She grabbed his hand and started pulling him. Maan was surprised that she was the one leading him instead of the other way around. "Where are you we going?"

She gave him a condescending look, one that wouldn't be out of place on his grandmother's face. "Rec..recep...umm'" it she couldn't seem to say the word, so Maan asked "Reception?"

"Yes, that place. Mama said go there if I am lost. Don't you know?" she said with a pitying face to which Maan found it difficult to hold back his laughter.

How people would laugh if they knew that this little girl was teaching Maan Singh Khurana what to do.

So off they went to the reception but they were fortunate enough that on the way the girl started to point towards someone.

"MEER MA!!" she screamed at the lady.

"Meliara!" Maan could see the relief in the lady's face as she took the girl in her arms and kissed her. "How many times have I told you to not wonder off. Darling you could have been lost!" She was so caught up in holding the little child that it took a while for her to notice him.

"This is my knight Meer ma!" The little girl, Meliara, told her mother or whoever the lady was. "He helped me."

"Thank you for bringing her here." She said with gratitude but also a bit apprehensive. After all he was still a stranger.

Maan's stern face was back on. "It was no problem."

With that he started to walk off but turned around when the sweet little voice said "Thank you!" to which he again flashed his smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Precap:

Iman and Belle getting to know each other.

Dev interrogates Geet.

Authors Note

Hope you continue to enjoy the story. Please feel free to PM or comment if you have any questions regarding the story.

Please do comment as it encourages and motivates me to write. Also press the LIKE button LOL

-SanjanA

NEXT:

Chapter 8: Questions...and more questions - Pg 41

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 07 October 2011 at 2:08am

The following 159 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarskydaffodils7vandu0pyarisahelipsruthiinlwgeetscarce05ameerunehavashigeetno1zil143maancrazysunitasth1akku68honeyboney1Candy_jsdew.dropKhushboo12POULOMI22ajoliejojo2802aisha_1998NK4MSK.NaziaLe_Belle_Petite01leothelionkrishna.gagsykasturi11tazzoariz2000asmi123sharbatvemtowifey90tellycrazymans22joa123Tamy95hemvbprizabhakbhartifanalu5123-BeingAppy-sakadafiThugAngelYellowtullipsnazsijholyangel-Elfin-MaankigopiMadhuSapphireFlameskkaavvyyaarichu26pinku33surbhijn106diyachilllallu06rostmarvee-khanannbellshruthiruchsbenazchiki143its_mepreetymaaneetsupernasahupearl_warriorLadyArwen-eiya-avani_9cutemishtiBe.edgymyedward12CuteTommyBluntlySpeakingmishtibdoosheekabluerose1889shivangi783SaJan-SaJantanya_vibabygurl10Nirjhor105teri_susanMysticalRealmIqbal Neha1CythereaAnvi2009divya22cyum321amzu32-shamima--enchanted-puthGudiyalovesguru286pearl9staroneserialsninaviShimmerrmaanshijeyanthi123Koolsmile_Jyothi_had2buPriyasirupzloveuLuvScoobyushankitvcsmj1977.shrutiKrishnaluv94-Veritaserum-paponeconshruthiR--Saavi--shalini01esha143ambbihadrdee142mrk-1meravigilisosaomomsmallvilleaanyakunatkomlikaninandpunjabi.princesPreethi-Preminamita25-afsha---Nargis--kooliioAmoureux*Dakoo_Minzy*--Ratna--shah10aamirkhanfanKaSh-Maneet-Fant_areebhinal_maaneetammu56n6s6k6i6r6a6n6Sabmeratu.honeygrapepreethiapunam2712impoojavermaCraziest_MGLittle_Mermaid.RageOfAnAngelTyro_SharmeenLuvsGCBrainEaterOwlharshdbCrazyCutesymysteriousmillipickachufelicitysmoak.spvd.CookieMonster.tabby999

Go to top