Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Shampa was a child actress before (Page 5)

akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

Originally posted by akanna

Thank you Rachu and peaches! I did some more research on Shampa's name, and she indeed was Shampa Gopikrishna at first when she was a dancer at TLCDC.. I think she started using Sonthalia as her last name once she started to gain popularity as a dancer.. Sorry for all the confusion, guys! Big smile

It's good to see how her training at TLCDC has made her into a great dancer and choreographer!!! Another feather in TL's hat!!! Star Star

sure thing hun. don't worry, all's well that ends well. i'm glad the confusion is gone Smile

it's indeed great to see her achieving so much. hope sushant gets better soon so they can be in the finale.

cheers!!
peaches Smile

Thank you peaches! Shampa and Sushant have made it to top three, right? I dont follow the show regularly since it conflicts with other shows for me, but I always like to watch Shampa's dance.. Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Rachna--

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
nah akanna, shmapa-sushant are in top 4, along with mahi vij, chang and yana. sushant has a back problem which may hinder his performance, so hoping he gets better soon.

akanna

LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by --Rachna--

Woah, wait a minute, her name was Shampa Gopikrishna before Shocked Now I'm confused as to why her name is Sonthalia now Confused

Yes, her name is listed as Shampa Gopikrishna in the Mahabharat videos.. Maybe Remo might have got confused with that Shampa and this Shampa and she didnt want to make him feel bad by correcting what he had said... Because this Shampa looks quite different from the Mahabharat one...

not only remo,.even rishi kapoor also said i knew her father gopi krishna and i know her since childhood, check the patiala house promotion episode

guys, lots of child actors go by different names, there used to so much master x, baby y, etc who would grow up and use their full name
beside, certain traditions dictate  they use father's first name as surname beside the family name. the face looks same.

akanna

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

Thank you Rachu and peaches! I did some more research on Shampa's name, and she indeed was Shampa Gopikrishna at first when she was a dancer at TLCDC.. I think she started using Sonthalia as her last name once she started to gain popularity as a dancer.. Sorry for all the confusion, guys! Big smile

It's good to see how her training at TLCDC has made her into a great dancer and choreographer!!! Another feather in TL's hat!!! Star Star

You're welcome and it's okay Big smile

Yup, she is the best choreographer on JDJ and all the credit goes to TL Clap Did you know Neerav is also trained under TLCDC? Smile

akanna

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 4:13pm | IP Logged

sure thing hun. don't worry, all's well that ends well. i'm glad the confusion is gone Smile

it's indeed great to see her achieving so much. hope sushant gets better soon so they can be in the finale.

cheers!!
peaches Smile

Thank you peaches! Shampa and Sushant have made it to top three, right? I dont follow the show regularly since it conflicts with other shows for me, but I always like to watch Shampa's dance.. Big smile

Thanks once again Peaches Smile Yeah you're right she must be using her father's first name as her middle name, I know of people who do that.

@ Akku - No, they haven't made it to Top 3, we are in Top 4 at the moment. But apparently, Sushant has a back problem and wants to quit the show but he was told to rest and don't take such a major decision. Let's see what happens. I don't want Sushant-Shampa to leave yet, they have to reach the finale!

akanna

lordkrishna IF-Dazzler
lordkrishna
lordkrishna

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
OMG so it was shampa who played lil. Krishna in Mahabharat?!?!
iheartChai IF-Rockerz
iheartChai
iheartChai

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing I had no idea.

Shampa is such a talented choreographer.
akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 7:57pm | IP Logged

nah akanna, shmapa-sushant are in top 4, along with mahi vij, chang and yana. sushant has a back problem which may hinder his performance, so hoping he gets better soon.

Oh, the wiki page of JDJ showed as top 3 remaining now.. So I thought Shampa has made it to top 3.. Yeah, I read about Sushant's back injury.. Wouldnt they let her to get a replacement so she can continue in the show?? It would be sad to see her suffer because of her partner not being well...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index