Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Shampa was a child actress before (Page 4)

akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Rachna--

Woah, wait a minute, her name was Shampa Gopikrishna before Shocked Now I'm confused as to why her name is Sonthalia now Confused

Yes, her name is listed as Shampa Gopikrishna in the Mahabharat videos.. Maybe Remo might have got confused with that Shampa and this Shampa and she didnt want to make him feel bad by correcting what he had said... Because this Shampa looks quite different from the Mahabharat one...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Rachna--

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akanna

Yes, her name is listed as Shampa Gopikrishna in the Mahabharat videos.. Maybe Remo might have got confused with that Shampa and this Shampa and she didnt want to make him feel bad by correcting what he had said... Because this Shampa looks quite different from the Mahabharat one...

No, Remo was quite sure of it plus Shampa bowed, agreed and thanked Remo! I haven't seen the Mahabharat video so can't comment on that!

akanna

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
remo wasn't confused, even rishi kapoor said this shampa is gopi krishan's ji's daughter, someone he has seen since she was a young girl as he was working with her father (remember he said they worked on screen in a dance number in zamaana?). maybe gopi krishan ji's last name is sonthalia, he just didn't use it in films, or she changed it, like actor rakesh bapat changed his from bapat to vashishth. also, asha bhonsle retains her first husband's name even though her maiden name is mangeshkar and her 2nd marriage was with rd burman.

itna pareshaan mat ho bachchon Tongue, she is gopi krishan ji's daughter Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

akanna--Rachna--

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

remo wasn't confused, even rishi kapoor said this shampa is gopi krishan's ji's daughter, someone he has seen since she was a young girl as he was working with her father (remember he said they worked on screen in a dance number in zamaana?). maybe gopi krishan ji's last name is sonthalia, he just didn't use it in films, or she changed it, like actor rakesh bapat changed his from bapat to vashishth. also, asha bhonsle retains her first husband's name even though her maiden name is mangeshkar and her 2nd marriage was with rd burman.

itna pareshaan mat ho bachchon Tongue, she is gopi krishan ji's daughter Big smile

Oh no wonder I saw Rakesh Bapad's name as Vashishth, I thought the channel got his name wrong LOL

Thanks for the info and clearing my doubts Big smile
I wasn't confused about Shampa being Gopi Krishna's daughter but rather about her surname LOL

akanna

peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Rachna--

Originally posted by peachesnplums

remo wasn't confused, even rishi kapoor said this shampa is gopi krishna's ji's daughter, someone he has seen since she was a young girl as he was working with her father (remember he said they worked on screen in a dance number in zamaana?). maybe gopi krishna ji's last name is sonthalia, he just didn't use it in films, or she changed it, like actor rakesh bapat changed his from bapat to vashishth. also, asha bhonsle retains her first husband's name even though her maiden name is mangeshkar and her 2nd marriage was with rd burman.

itna pareshaan mat ho bachchon Tongue, she is gopi krishna ji's daughter Big smile

Oh no wonder I saw Rakesh Bapad's name as Vashishth, I thought the channel got his name wrong LOL

Thanks for the info and clearing my doubts Big smile
I wasn't confused about Shampa being Gopi Krishna's daughter but rather about her surname LOL

sure Big smile
maybe her full name is shampa gopikrishna sonthalia (you know how many people have father's first name as their middle name). maybe she uses one last name to make things easy. she could have used gopikrishna during mahabharat as that's how people would recognize her then, but now she wants to make a mark of her own so uses sonthalia, to avoid always being associated or compared  with her her illustrious father.

akanna--Rachna--

-raiAasma- Goldie
-raiAasma-
-raiAasma-

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Woww..thanks for sharing..shampa is just superb..one of the best dancer and chreographer I have seen..she is looking do cute in the vid..!
akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Thank you Rachu and peaches! I did some more research on Shampa's name, and she indeed was Shampa Gopikrishna at first when she was a dancer at TLCDC.. I think she started using Sonthalia as her last name once she started to gain popularity as a dancer.. Sorry for all the confusion, guys! Big smile

It's good to see how her training at TLCDC has made her into a great dancer and choreographer!!! Another feather in TL's hat!!! Star Star

-raiAasma---Rachna--

peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akanna

Thank you Rachu and peaches! I did some more research on Shampa's name, and she indeed was Shampa Gopikrishna at first when she was a dancer at TLCDC.. I think she started using Sonthalia as her last name once she started to gain popularity as a dancer.. Sorry for all the confusion, guys! Big smile

It's good to see how her training at TLCDC has made her into a great dancer and choreographer!!! Another feather in TL's hat!!! Star Star

sure thing hun. don't worry, all's well that ends well. i'm glad the confusion is gone Smile

it's indeed great to see her achieving so much. hope sushant gets better soon so they can be in the finale.

cheers!!
peaches Smile

--Rachna--

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index