India-Forums

Kaali hits a century

.Tanya. Coolbie
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged

Kaali hits a century

STARONE.IN

STAR Plus late night show Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha is about to finish 100 episodes. The show highlights a girl's fight against injustice and sexual exploitation. It is the journey of young Rachana who embarks on a quest for justice.

STARONE.IN

The show launched new talent, Swati Kapoor as Rachana and also marks the comeback of Ashutosh Rana to the small screen.

We spoke to Rachana about the success of the show and more, "I am really happy the way my show and character has shaped. I would like to thank STAR Plus and Mrinal Ma'am for this role. The show has its own charm and I am glad that audiences have accepted my struggle against sexual exploitation. The character of Rachana has evolved over the time period of the show."

About her favorite scene she said that, "It's very difficult to point out just one as every scene has its own meaning. I love the scene in which I disclose about my molestation to my father. It was a tough scene to shoot. Another scene is when my character becomes Kaali and saves my brother and father from Thakral's goons."

Further she told us that, "I was very nervous when the molestation scene was about to be shot and that also in front of a renowned actor like Ashutosh Rana, but I am glad that I was made comfortable during the shoot of the show."

We later on spoke to Mrinal Jha, writer cum producer of the show who said, " The journey has been fantastic. It was very hectic and we did not realize we have reached 100 episodes. Rachana turning into Kaali was my favourite scene. After Rachna's molestation the way she breaks down was done very well. Every scene of Mr Rana is special. Fans can look out for Rachna on the verge of winning her college elections.

Sonali Kulkarni, the narrator of the show said, " Every scene has been memorable because the story is so well written. The scenes where Rachna decided to fight Thakral and her transition were brilliant. The way Mrinal narrated the story to me made me sign the show. I was sure the story would connect with people. When I saw the 3 new girls at the launch party there were so young just like rosebuds. I was not sure if Swati could perform such a strong role. Now we are proud to have her as our main lead. I want to thank viewers for their support we could have not reached 100 without their support. Especially since our show has been given the 11 pm slot."

We also got in touch with Arif Zakaria who plays Rachana's father, Virender, "The journey is fantastic although earlier I was apprehensive with the time slot but when I came to know the result is looking good from the channel I was pleasantly surprised and I am glad that audiences have loved Rachana's story. There are many favourite scene in the show especially the emotional scenes between father and daughter. However, if I were to choose one, it is when she reveals what happened to her to my character."

About Swati Kapoor, he said, "She has evolved as an actor and you would find vast difference in her approach towards this role and I must say Swati is an emerging actor while Rachana is a star."

Don't forget to watch Rachana's struggle to achieve justice in Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha every Monday to Friday at 11 pm only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1269/kaali-hits-a-century.aspx

tanvismile IF-Rockerz
tanvismile
tanvismile

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:53am | IP Logged
congrats ,really every scene in this show is my favourate ,this show is perfect may it complete maximum no of episodes 200 ......300..............n many many more although this is not a story like daily soaps which work 600 episodes because they r just dragged.but i m very happy.Party

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BeHappyAlways

Shreyacool Goldie
Shreyacool
Shreyacool

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Thats GreatTongue I love this show!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index