Dance Urmila dance

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Dance, Urmila, dance!
Buzz up!

Urmila Matondkar is back on TV now with Chak Dhoom Dhoom where she has replaced Mallika Sherawat. We spoke to her about her journey in television, what made her select this show and her connection with dance?
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next
Urmila Matondkar

You have replaced sexy Mallika Sherawat on Chak Dhoom Dhoom?
I don't want to talk about that because I joined the show from the Gala round and I entered because I liked the concept so no comments.

But didn't you know that Mallika Sherawat is judging the show?
I was not in town and when I came back, I was offered the show.
Urmila Matondkar

What made you take a reality show?
I took reality dance show because I am very passionate about dance. I think I am in best mood when I am dancing. It gives me happiness.

Best part about Chak Dhoom Dhoom?
The show had an interesting format because groups will be judged here, not individuals. We will get to see unique or even new dance forms on this show. And the good part is I don't have to learn any lines. I want to be connect with the audience as I will be defining their dance to viewers. And I guess that's what I like about Chak Dhoom Dhoom.

Urmila Matondkar

And do you have any criteria for judging?
Yes, as I said I love dancing I am very particular about dancing too. The group has to have great technique, energy, footwork and synchronization.

Urmila Matondkar

Any memorable dancing moment in life?
I remember when we did Chamma Chamma (the item number in China Gate), the choreographer pulled out all the girls in the background and kept only the boys. The girls couldn't synchronize well because of the heavy costumes.

Is there any dance form you wish to learn?
There are many. I am hoping to get inspired on the show.

Urmila Matondkar

Which was the difficult dance you've done?
The Mehbooba Mehbooba song (in Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag). The foot movements are not seen much but I had to get into the water, stand on my toes, sway my hips and do the signature step. It took two days to get the step right. After that, I couldn't walk properly.

From your list which is your favorite song. You know like whenever you put on that song you start dancing?
There is only one song then and that's Chamma Chamma. I still remember all the steps and love it.

Urmila Matondkar

According to you who is a great dancer in Bollywood apart from you?
In actresses I like Madhuri Dixit. She is a superb dancer and I love her. And in guys it's Prabhu Deva! I have danced on his choreography but not with him. He takes dancing to another level.

Chak Dhoom Dhoom team

According to you who is the best choreographer in the industry?
All of them are good in their own style. For example, Ganesh Hegde beautifully choreographed Kambakth Ishq and while Ganesh Acharya choreographed Chamma Chamma.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Dance-Urmila-dance&aid=2516

Edited by Armu4eva - 25 January 2011 at 4:56am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index