Ekta Kapoor's Bandini going off air - Article

Posted: 13 years ago
Sad news for afternoon soap addicts. The regular afternoon soap Bandini, produced by Balaji Telefilms will go off air shortly. The abrupt ending of this show is bound to come as a rude shock to its viewers; it happens to be the longest running show on TV and has completed 500 episodes.

A source from the television industry says, "The channel gave a one month notice to the production house. The serial had to be wrapped up within that period."

Adds another source, defending the channel in question, "The show is ending with a smooth flow. There is a mega hour long episode on January 29, which is the last date. The channel didn"t end it abruptly.

The lead actor of the show, Ronit Roy told us that he had to switch over to other commitments."

When contacted, explaining that Ronit"s other commitments was the reason why the show had to end, Ekta Kapoor says. "Ronit is not available for four months due to his other work commitments.

Moreover, he is out of India, so I can"t ask him to shoot for me at the same time.

Frankly, he had informed us since quite some time. Four months is a very long time and we could not build such a big bank of episodes with him. Hence we are left with no other option. We had to tell the channel to pull the show off air".

Though sad, Ronit however denies this and says, "I"m not exactly aware of the reason why Bandini is shutting down. I"m as sad as anyone else connected to it. I"m not in India in February and March but I guess it must have been a collective decision."

Sameer Nair, CEO, Turner General Entertainment Networks India Private Limited, does not blame Ronit Roy. He maintains, "It was a mutual decision between the channel and the production house that Bandini would go off air in January.

It was a popular show and we had a great experience with it.

And as all good things come to an end, why should this be and exception?"
So sad...........even after getting an overdose of bds...and full
knowledge of real truth Imag. & production house did not chose
or see it fit to inform viewers in advance...........Even now rr's
cheat scenes.....and to think we viewers get so attached to a
show and expect some respons/feedback from those concerned...😔
ya its really sad for the viewers but den to realiz dat Ronit Sir had some other major project to be done,As hrd some days before he is signing some hollywood venture.May be he is busy for dat n is not possible to continue this show.  
He is going to shoot for his mega project with George Clooney :)
basically Ronit roy has to do tv shows or he will lose his fan following.
so since he is busy for a couple of months due to his tagore project season 2 of the show is a good idea as he is likely to be free by then
nowadays even the biggest of filmstars are turning to tv so he cannot possibly be an exception
a good daily show is a must for him to maintain his following
Good for him Sukhi....but then when asked repeatedly about Bandini
ending....he never gave the truth...All - prod. house/imag channel/rr
maintained a silence...we as viewers/fans/wellwishers could have
been told properly ........its time to move on.........not like this
announcement as part of the episode just 5 days before it ends...
Sad......
so he will start afresh with ekta's next in a couple of months whats in it ?
Originally posted by neha.sharma

basically Ronit roy has to do tv shows or he will lose his fan following.
so since he is busy for a couple of months due to his tagore project season 2 of the show is a good idea as he is likely to be free by then
nowadays even the biggest of filmstars are turning to tv so he cannot possibly be an exception
a good daily show is a must for him to maintain his following

They tend to ignore/forget the fans and remember them when it is convenient...
May RR always do well & continue to be blessed with lucrative offers as per
his calibre.......and also may he never forget his fans...........
So, z reason WHY bandini is going off air is bcoz RR has some other major commitments. Then y they lie 2 us??????????????????????Edited by simlavidhi - 13 years ago
see basically now since he will not be in a daily show for a couple of months he is v regular on fb going on about bandini in his status 
so naturally he wants to be in the limelight not go into obscurity