Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) (Page 49)

swetha10 IF-Sizzlerz
swetha10
swetha10

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
wow lovely updates... continue soon

divareena IF-Sizzlerz
divareena
divareena

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

Chapter 7

I think maan is starting to get a bit soft towards geet. I am so glad that geet is awake.  Love how she wants to talk to JD. So sweetClapClapClap

Love how maan gets very protective of geet and tells dadi that she is not well and is still recovering.Smile

Maan did not to be so rude to her. Uff he needs to control his anger.Angry

Chapter 8

I am glad that geet was not raped. I can feel maan worry when geet would only talk to a woman.CryCry

Awww maan is guilt about what happened to geet.Cry

Maan was so upset when the doctor told him about the bruises on geet's shoulders.Cry

Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Any updates for us.
Please.....
Ek update.
Day DreamingDay Dreaming
KavyaNaik123 Senior Member
KavyaNaik123
KavyaNaik123

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
btu does maan knw that the bruise was because of him?????????????????
Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KavyaNaik123

btu does maan knw that the bruise was because of him?????????????????

Yes, I believe he has figured that out.Smile
laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:37am | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 9
Nov. 12, 2010 3:35 pm

"Geet beti, I want you to tell me why you were living in such a neighborhood." Dadi could she from Geet's grimace that she didn't want to answer. "Look here, Geet. I want you to tell me the truth. Why were you living in such an unsafe place?"

"Dadi, it's not that unsafe. Nothing ever happened to me there before."

"Don't try to go around the issue. Tell me why."

Geet couldn't stand up to Dadi, and gave in. "Dadi, I wanted to pay my student loans off as soon as possible. Why would I pay more money for a different place, when I don't spend much time there? I thought it would be better to put all my money toward my loans, instead of wasting it."

"Geet," exclaimed Dadi, shocked, "if you needed help with your loans, why didn't you tell me? You know I would be happy to pay them for you."

"No, Dadi. I know you care about me, and want to help, but you did enough just by hiring me as JD's nanny. Those debts were for my schooling, and it's my responsibility to see them paid."

Maan was glad that he had hesitated to enter the hospital room, for if he hadn't, he never would have heard the answer to the one question that was really troubling him. He hadn't been able to figure out why she had been living in such a cheap place, and why, when he had a glimpse of the inside, he had seen only the bare necessities. Apparently, it was all to do with her student loans. Maan didn't even pay attention to the fact that Dadi offered to pay, or that Geet had rejected that help. His thoughts were now centered on a new question. Where was Geet's family in all of this?

He didn't even consider asking Geet about it. He knew what her response would be. She would go on and on questioning what right he had to interfere with her life, just as she had when he arranged for her to be transfered from MacNeal to Evanston. Well, perhaps she had no family, or they weren't on speaking terms. Maan didn't really care. His only intention was to get things in his own house back under control. That included Ms. Geet Handa.

In the argument over her hospital change and treatment, Maan had discovered a very important fact about Geet Handa. She was the most stubborn individual when it came to herself, but if it had to do with Dadi or JD, she would do anything. As soon as he had mentioned how much easier it would be for Dadi to visit her in a hospital that was closer to their home, she had quit her vigorous arguing and quietly fumed, but agreed none the less. From the mild arguing he could hear going on inside the room, he was going to need to use the same tactic again.

"Oh, Maan, it's good that you're here. I've been trying to explain to Geet about..."

"I heard Dadi. It's almost time for you to pick up JD from preschool, so why don't you let me deal with Ms. Handa's stubbornness."

"Okay." Giving Geet a kiss on the forehead, Dadi said, "I'll speak to you later, Beti. Take care." Both Geet and Maan watched Dadi exiting the room, just waiting for her to leave before starting the inevitable confrontation.

Geet got there first, by saying strongly, "Sir, I am not going to stay at the mansion. There is no need, and I can get along fine at my place. I'm an independent young woman, who can take care of herself."

"Oh, yes, I've seen how well you 'take care' of yourself. Look, Handa, I don't intend to argue with you about this. In fact, I've already talked to your building manager about terminating your lease."

"You WHAT? How dare you! You have no right to inter..."

"GEET!" Geet had never had the Maan Singh Khurana attitude directed at her so acutely, and it momentarily stunned her into silence. Maan used this opportunity to have his say.

"Do you realize how fortunate you are? Do you even understand how serious this situation could have been? You might have died!" Geet looked at Maan with rounded eyes, but stayed silent. "Do you know that the police are investigating 5 rape cases in the area that they think are the work of a serial rapist? Since your attack two people have been shot to death, and I don't even know how much other stuff has happened. It is not a safe place to live!"

Geet tried to speak, but Maan held out his finger for silence, not allowing her to say a word. "Dadi and JD were so upset just by this incident, just imagine how they would feel if something worse happened to you. You may not care, but I certainly do. That's why you're coming to live at the mansion."

Geet didn't want to agree with Maan, but thinking about how Dadi and JD would feel, she admitted to herself that he had a point. "Sir, I agree that maybe I should move, but I can stay at my friend Pinky's place maybe, until I find somewhere else. I don't need any favors."

"Hold on, a minute. I don't do favors. This is only proper compensation for the work that you have been doing for my family." Seeing the confusion on Geet's face, Maan continued to explain. "How do you think I felt when I found out that not only were you being paid much less than I would consider acceptable to look after JD, but that you were not being paid at all to do the cooking? I don't cheat my employees, I pay them fairly for the work they do. You coming to stay at the mansion is nothing more than fair."

When Geet tried to speak, Maan hurriedly said, "And I don't want to hear anything about paying rent. I owe you more than a year's worth of pay for the cooking. Staying rent free will be your reimbursement for all that time. Now, I don't want to talk about this any further. When you're discharged tomorrow, Dadi will bring you home. I'm going to leave now, as you need to rest."

Maan left the room in victory, highly pleased with his handling of the stubborn Ms. Geet Handa. The very same Geet Handa was left to lay on her hospital bed, fuming at her high handed boss. She wanted to refute everything that he said, but could find nothing wrong with his reasoning. Maybe, if he had asked her nicely, or shown any kind of concern over her welfare, she wouldn't be so resistant to his demands.

Nov. 13, 2010 11:14 am

"Dadi, I can't leave wearing a hospital gown. Not only will the hospital want it back, but it's certainly not appropriate for the November weather."

"Oh, dear, you're right, Geet. I thought Maan was going to arrange to have your things moved from your apartment and some of your clothes brought to the hospital."

"Dadi, I'll just phone Pinky and have her bring something for me and take me back to her place, okay? That way all this fuss can be avoided."

"No, no, Geet." Dadi didn't like the stubborn look in Geet's eye, and wanted to forestall any attempts by her to avoid coming back to the mansion. Ever since Maan had told her of his plan to have Geet move in, she had been anxiously awaiting the day. Geet was so dear to her, she was like a daughter, and Dadi could not stand the idea of her daughter living out in the cruel world, all alone.

"Geet, let me just phone Maan, and see if we can't get this sorted out quickly."

Dadi got her cellphone out of her purse, and dialed Maan's number. When he answered, she could tell that he was irritated by her call, but that didn't dissuade her. "Maan beta, where are you?"

"Just leaving Chase Tower and my meeting with Jaime Dimon. Why?"

"Maan, Geet doesn't have any clothes from home that she can change into. I thought you were going to take care of that, but you must have forgotten. She's saying that she wants her friend to bring something and take her to her place."

"No, Dadi, don't let her leave. Look, I'm really close to The 900 Shops. Doesn't it have a store that you like to shop at?"

"Yes, Couture Express."

"Look, I'll go there and by her something that she can wear until her things arrive. Oh, Dadi, I've got another call coming. Whatever you do, don't let Geet leave the hospital until I get there. Bye."

"Wait, Maan. Maan! I have to tell you her size."

"What's going on, Dadi," asked Geet, confused as she only heard Dadi's side of the conversation.

"Maan said that he would go to Couture Express and buy you something to wear. I wasn't able to tell him you clothing size, though. I'll try to call him back."

Geet smiled hearing the name Couture Express. She quite a few fond memories of that store. It was even due to her that Dadi shopped there.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 04 February 2011 at 1:15am

The following 201 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarskydaffodils7pyarisahelilaila889dpurvagaberinlwgeetsan1989shanmanjunehavashibvh123kathrina7176mishimstar432Candy_jsrim7shree1188VEERAVEEBAneetugarg123dancydreamerSalmankatsweetmelonajoliefluffyktau9290860623gagsyzazoy12krishna.fizza25asmi123LoveManeetsrosa18prerna27ammyicycoolwifey90nehaahmadshreya satishjdotscutegurl224bdaslakshmisalvadiGemmKavyaNaik123bhakbhartifanAR_ArShiangeeshNiksAngelreenasvnonabebutaanniwilddevil2010alu5123Ayesha_MSKhansasmahemvb-Elfin-varshrmaan13579SapphireFlamesMaankigopiMadhudiyachillpallavisarkarsakadafiThugAngelruchshahdrashtiMyAnGeLchingamingrichu26annbellgeet_9713rostswetha03april12sahibasharmaAnny90rockinggirl5keerthi90neha512Diva7rashgirl000madhu.pmlistHADmishti-eiya-CuteTommymirnalinisanjulees-o-m-m-i-emaansi007shivangi783Lakshmi86EscapistTishuutrishapalias90charlie1950bobbydolldoosheekatanya_vibabygurl10aksnKkadssdhrashteemaanmishtiNanthini9Dhara_siqbals4everAnvi2009divya22puthNewdimeheermeherDoJindreamy4everchubzyTheBratbluedreamz953cyum321maanujaanu-shamima-jazzerette9staroneserialsninavishining_moongangesegbShimmerrnats0101payal.gupta177Sophroniakshubhangicustodian75-BreakingDown-sporthy_smile28daisydee425Koolsmile-Zahra15-TinkerBellanehakapoor7-Veritaserum-maankigeet4everlibra25Krishnaluv94basicquestion1LuvScoobykrati5sanu3108NoorFatimamrk-1meravigilisoambbihaWater.wajiha-1shruti_luvs_msk-Zoya-anjucoolshalini01esha143-pixie-Antaresalicia212lil_desi_goddeskomlikaninandpunjabi.princessweet cherrykooliioswetha10kashishkjnawazdivareenaliv2laughnahtani88aamirkhanfanhinal_maaneetshah10-afsha---Nargis--namita25sweet scorpiomchopramitzi11sona-rairsroopali--Ratna--vivacious_gurlShalvepreethiaammu5honeygrapeShrutheSaamsTyromayyopunam2712sanum23Madhuri53CrazyCutesydumaskhwaishfanMysticRiverDonnaa.CookieMonster.

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged

So The 900 Shops is a real place in Chicago, but Couture Express is not a store there. There may be a store called Couture Express somewhere in the world, or even in Chicago, but it was a name that I just made up for this story.

However, I did not make up the name Jaime Dimon. He is actually a real person who is the CEO of JP Morgan Chase. He is a very important person in the world of finance, so if Maan has a meeting with him, that too on a Saturday, then that shows just how important Maan Singh Khurana is.

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

inlwgeetdancydreameruzmam1wilddevil2010Ayesha_MSKdesilifereenasvalias90dhrashteeaksnEscapistTishuushivangi783s-o-m-m-i-e-shamima-Dhara_sAnvi2009iqbals4everDoJinAntaresesha143punjabi.princeskomlikalil_desi_goddeswajiha-1krati5NoorFatimameravigilisoKrishnaluv94vivacious_gurlhinal_maaneetpunam2712jnawazmchopraMadhuri53CrazyCutesy

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
that was a nice part..good that Geet will stay at the Mansion..good going... just can't wait to read the instances which will take place between Maan & Geet staying under one roof.....please do continue soon..Smile

Go to top