Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) (Page 17)

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 3
Nov. 1, 2010 8:00am Chicago, 6:30pm Dehli

"It was pretty awful, Di."

"Do you think Dadi found out?"

"I don't think so. She looked normal when I came Saturday and she never said anything about it, so I don't think she knows."

"You know what it was, right?"

"I know. I remembered on the bus ride home."

Oct. 31, 2005 2:30pm

Geet was sitting alone at the table. For the first time since the semester began, her partner had not shown up for class. Geet wasn't worried for her grade. She was more than capable of doing the work. What she missed, was covertly ogling the most handsome face on campus. The face of Maan Singh Khurana, the only man in the entire world, as far as Geet was concerned.
That face never showed up. Geet completed the entire lab on her own, earning a perfect, but even that didn't fill the void of the loss of her partner.

She tried not to worry, but she couldn't help it. What if he was sick, or had been in an accident? If she called Dadi to find out, would that be too intrusive? Geet was trying to make up her mind as she gathered up her books and slowly walked out of the chemistry lab. She didn't want to alarm Dadi, but she couldn't think of any other way to find out what was happening. She had just about made up her mind, when she heard some of the girls talking in the stairwell a few feet away.

"You know he had to find out about Sameera sooner or later. I'm surprised it took this long. Everyone else knew what was going on. I would have thought that one of his friends would have told him."

Geet knew that they must be talking about Maan, since they mentioned Sameera. Sameera was the name of Maan's girlfriend. Not usually liking to listen to gossip, but desperate to know what was going on, Geet quietly hid behind a corner.

"Kelly, you know how all the boys act around that s**t. She flashes her cute little smile, flutters her eyelashes, and they won't hear a word against her. It was only us girls who knew her real nature, but as far as Maan was concerned, we didn't even exist."

"Well, I don't care what anyone says, I think it's so insensitive for everyone to be so happy. I mean, she was his girlfriend. He must be feeling bad."

"Amy, we're not happy that he's hurt, we're happy that he's available. With Sameera around, no other girl had a chance."

"But, Maria, it's not like any of us will have one either. I mean, there are so many girls out there who are after him. Sasha was saying only this morning that she's going have her father throw a big party and invite his whole family. If rich girls like her are chasing him, what chance do we have?"

"Sasha's father may be rich, but that doesn't guarantee anything. There are plenty of rich girls around but he hasn't looked at any of them yet."

"I just wish that I was his lab partner instead of that girl. What's her name? Geet. She's so lucky. She actually has an excuse to speak to him almost every day."

"Tasha, don't be such an idiot. She's no one to envy. Like he'd ever look at her. I swear she's gained 20 pounds since the semester started, although she was already so chubby, it's hard to tell. No, it's obvious that if he dated Sameera looks are extremely important. If you all want your chance to attract him, I'd suggest hitting the malls."

Geet could hear the girls continuing to talking, but she was no longer concentrating on their words. She didn't care what they said about her. All she cared was that something had happened to Maan. Something to do with Sameera, and it sounded like maybe they had broken up. How could that be? Geet knew that he loved Sameera very much. What could have happened? As she pondered these troubling questions, Geet took out a bag of chips from her bag, and slowly snacked as she made her way to her next class.

Nov. 4, 2005 5:00pm

"Hello, Miss Geet."

"Hello, Nakul. How are you doing today?"

"I'm fine, Miss." Nakul closed the door behind Geet with a smile on his face. He always felt his day brighten when she came to the mansion.

"Nakul, is Dadi here? I'd like to talk to her."

"She's in the conservatory, Miss. I'm sure she'll be glad to see you."

Geet made her way through the rooms and hallways, twisting her hands nervously. Over the week she had heard students in almost all her classes talking about the confrontation between Maan and Sameera. She had heard all about Sameera's behavior, and it had shocked her so much. She felt so bad for Maan, she was sure he had been shattered. She was here now because something was worrying her, but she didn't know exactly how to approach Dadi about it.

When she walked into the plant filled room, she could see Savitri Devi Khurana, the Khurana matriarch, and Maan's dadi, busy filling a pot with soil. She stood near the doorway, until Dadi saw her and said, "Geet beti, when did you arrive? Come and give me a hug."

Geet hurried over as Dadi took off her garden gloves. Dadi opened her arms and Geet returned her hug, feeling her worry begin to dissipate. Dadi would be able to take care of everything.

"Geet, do you have a work session with Maan? He didn't tell me."

"No, Dadi. I mean...We do have a project due Monday, but I've been working on it alone."

"Why is that? Couldn't you two find a good time to meet?"

"Actually, Dadi. Uh...Well...I...uh...I heard about what happened with Maan and Sameera."

"I see. I'm sure you heard a lot of rumors that worried you. Well, I'm sad to say that it's all true." Dadi saw the downcast face of the girl who had become like her own granddaughter and wished that Maan had been able to find someone as kind as Geet.

"He...he must feel pretty bad," whispered Geet, looking down at the floor.

"Yes, but it's not just Sameera's behavior that is the problem. He was going to propose to her when he found out everything."

Geet gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth in shock. "So that's why," she said quietly to herself.

"But Geet, tell me about this project. Why have you had to work on it alone? Has Maan been giving you trouble again?"

"Actually, Dadi, I haven't seen Maan all week. He hasn't been to class, and he hasn't been answering his phone."

"What?"

"Dadi, I'm not worried about the project. That's not a problem, but I am worried about Maan. It's not just Chemistry, I heard that he hasn't been attending any of his classes. That's why I came today. I wanted to find out if he was alright."

Dadi stood up, clearly distressed. She paced up and down while Geet looked at her anxiously. Geet felt a bit bad, like she was back in elementary school, and had tattled on someone, but there was nothing else could she have done. If Maan kept skipping classes, how would he graduate?

"Dadi, I..."

"Geet, I don't want you to worry," said Dadi firmly. "His grandfather and I will take care of this. It's been a difficult situation, but I'm sure Maan will get past it eventually. Now, why don't you go to the kitchen and have Nakul get you something to eat. I asked Mrs. Gupta to make rasgullas today, and I know how much you like those."

Dadi patted Geet's cheek comfortingly, to assure her that all would be well. Geet started to feel better, knowing that Dadi was aware of the situation. She trusted Dadi more than any other person she knew, and was sure that she and Dada would be able to help Maan. Geet made her way to the kitchen, excited about the prospect of non-dorm food, especially rasgullas. She really liked Mrs. Gupta's rasgullas.

Nov. 1, 2010 8:15am Chicago, 6:45pm Dehli

"You know Dada made him promise never to drink again."

"I know, Di, I know. I don't think he goes out and drinks, and I've never seen him drinking in all the time I've worked here."

"Nakul would know."

"Yes, but I don't want to ask him. Suppose Dadi should overhear."

"It would totally break her heart if she found out he broke his promise. Maybe it's only because of the anniversary."

"I hope so Di. I really can't support that kind of behavior with JD in the house."

"GT, are you talking to Tayi about me in Hindi?"

"And what if we are JD? Is there some law against asking about my nephew?" Naintara smiled as that same nephew climbed into Geet's lap and made himself comfortable.

"You can ask about me, Tayi, but if you do it in Hindi I won't know what you're saying." Geet and Naintara both laughed at JD's 'poor me' voice, that he used whenever he tried to get his own way. It had yet to work on either of them.

"Where's Harsh and Meenal?"

"Harsh is currently out with his Nani, and Meenal is being given a bath by her father."

"Is he coming back soon? I want to talk to him."

"I'm afraid they're not going to be back before seven. Sorry JD."

JD tried his puppy dog face on Geet, but that didn't work either. "Don't even think it mister. Talking to your cousin on Skype is not a good reason to miss preschool. We have to leave in 10 minutes, so you need to go get dressed."

"Ugh! GT, I hate this stupid daylight save time. It's not fair!"

"You only have to put up with it for another week. Now, don't give me that frowny face. You'll be able to chat with Harsh before you go to bed tonight. Get a move on, Dadi will be waiting for you."

JD reluctantly got down from Geet's lap and gave a short, "Bye, Tayi," before running out of Geet's office.

"He looks more like Vicky everyday," commented Naintara.

"I know," replied Geet.

"Well, I better let you go, Geet. You don't want to be late in dropping off JD, or else your kanjoos boss will eat your head."

Edited by laxmi2010 - 26 January 2011 at 11:44pm

The following 215 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarskydaffodils7nimmi26pyarisahelipsruthilaila889dpurvagaberinlwgeetchintushilpascarce05san1989shanmanjushanmannehavashibvh123kathrina7176mishimstar432Candy_jsrim7dew.dropshree1188dancydreamerSalmankatrockingchahatsweetmelonkavitha05neetugarg123ajoliefluffyktauaisha_19989290860623zazoy12gagsykrishna.pp1980asmi123ariz2000ammyicycoolwifey90nehaahmadcutegurl224lakshmisalvadiGemmreenasvangeeshKavyaNaik123MaankiMariamshalinikanagubhakbhartifanMaanGeetkiSimmiwilddevil2010alu5123taanniAyesha_MSKhansasmahemvbprizauzmam1varshrmaan13579MaankigopiMadhudiyachillpallavisarkarsakadafiThugAngelsilver.chingaminggeet_9713khansangelrichu26pinku33priyankasweet21rostshruthiruchsannbellswetha03pari_DDaqvumsahibasharmaDiva7Anny90ylaraibapril12rashgirl000prabha75mounacutyrockinggirl5keerthi90neha512HADmishti-eiya-mishtibmy_maan_geetmysticangelCuteTommyArsheelanan_10s-o-m-m-i-eshivangi783maansi007Lakshmi86MounchyEscapistdoosheekaTishuualias90Mina420trishapcharlie1950anshimanshibabygurl10dhrashtee--Kesh--maanmishtiAnvi2009iqbals4everCythereaDoJindreamy4everdivya22puthchubzyTheBratbluedreamz953cyum321-shamima-jazzeretteNav2010maanujaanu9staroneserialsshining_moon-harini-princess163Shimmerrlovemaaneet1payal.gupta177Sophronianats0101randhir_ki_dollkshubhangicustodian75-BreakingDown-daisydee425KoolsmileTinkerBella-Zahra15-maankigeet4everLuvScoobyKrishnaluv94smj1977.shrutibasicquestion1sanu3108mrk-1meravigilisoambbihaWater.wajiha-1Antaresshruti_luvs_mskpunjabi.princeshindu4lyfsweet cherry-Zoya---Saavi--shalini01esha143alicia212lil_desi_goddescute-alykomlikaanjucool-afsha---Nargis--namita25SahSahkooliioswetha10divareenapop77kashishkjnawazaamirkhanfansweet scorpiomitzi11mchopraliv2laughhinal_maaneetshah10sona-raivivacious_gurl--Ratna--rsroopali--aarthi--preethiaShalveyoga23priyahoneygrape6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6Saamsammu5Tyromayyopunam2712sanum23Madhuri53CrazyCutesydumaskhwaishfanfelicitysmoak.MysticRiverKrishna_Sourav.CookieMonster.Donnaa

vivacious_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
vivacious_gurl
vivacious_gurl

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
reserved...me first.... yipeeee LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

wow laxmi... now i hv started to get a hang of ur story.... so Maan and Geet are of same age...26 as of now...were lab partners and used to get along well.... Naintara n Dev are married and Vicky and Meera.... Vicky n Meera have a son named JD..... JD calls Geet GT....but what's T in GT??
Geet actually drops of JD to school n all so she does lot of personal work at Khuranas ..... hmmm...
n her character in college looks like Pinky's character today...chubby n always eating.....

Nice nice..... will wait for more chapters to unfold....

Edited by deniac - 26 January 2011 at 11:12pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123EscapistTheBratcyum321Sophronia-shamima--harini-wajiha-1meravigiliso-Zoya-mchoprakooliio-afsha-

aamirkhanfan IF-Sizzlerz
aamirkhanfan
aamirkhanfan

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
i'm a bit confused!????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jnawazkooliio

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by aamirkhanfan

i'm a bit confused!????

Oh? By what?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wajiha-1

vivacious_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
vivacious_gurl
vivacious_gurl

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
laxmi darling...do reply to my comments...i wnna know if what i understood is correct

kooliio

annu_825 Groupbie
annu_825
annu_825

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
ohh so naintara is dev's wife and JD is vicky's son....and from the convo i think vicky is no more
and if geet is taking care of JD, than meera is either dead, institutionalized, or awayy
hmmm interestingg
i really like how your story is unfolding
keep it up :)

kooliio

-Zahra15- IF-Rockerz
-Zahra15-
-Zahra15-

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
nice update....bt i fink i have 2 read it once more cz its a bit confusing right nw..........

....zahra....
sakadafi Senior Member
sakadafi
sakadafi

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Your story is getting more and more interesting...am just starting to get an idea of everyone's relationship. Am excited to read more...

kooliio

Go to top