Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) (Page 128)

punjabi.princes IF-Rockerz
punjabi.princes
punjabi.princes

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
any updates tonight??

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by punjabi.princes

any updates tonight??

It's coming as soon as it's finished.

luvabbybaby IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

basicquestion1

--aarthi-- IF-Sizzlerz
--aarthi--
--aarthi--

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
oh i hate this Sameera... she spoiled such a beautiful moment
silver. Senior Member
silver.
silver.

Posted: 18 February 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
W-O-W!! Smile
and yes, i hate samiraa. Trust her to spoil a purrfect evening! Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ayrt

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 21
Feb. 15, 2011 6:45 am Chicago, 6:15 pm Delhi

"You gave it back to him." Naintara looked at Geet like she was crazy. "You gave back a diamond bracelet from Tiffany's. You're sure it was from Tiffany's?"

"That's what the box said."

"Geet, do you realize how much it must have cost? Tiffany's is like one of the most expensive jewelry stores in Chicago. In the US. In the world, maybe."

"I know, Di, but what else was I supposed to do? The things Sameera said made it sound like the only reason a girl would be with him was for his money and what he could give her. I couldn't keep it after that."

"So, what exactly did you say when you gave it back?"

"I just said that I never expected, or wanted a gift, and after what Sameera said, I thought it would be better if he took it back."

"Hmmm. What did he say?"

"He just told me to get out."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know. I don't know what to tell Dadi. She's sure to ask how our evening was. What do I tell her now? That everything was fine until Sameera came and spread her poison?"

Feb. 15, 2011 6:52 am

Dadi gave up her plan of making an early morning cup of tea and went back to her room. She had been walking to the kitchen when she had heard Geet's voice coming out of her office. Curious as to why Geet was up so early, she stopped to listen. From Geet's Skype conversation with Naintara, Dadi discovered that not only had Maan not proposed, but that Sameera had spoiled the date by saying something that upset Maan. That wicked woman! She had done enough to spoil Maan's life. No more!

Feb. 15, 2011 7:00 am

Maan had been in the gym, doing his Tai Chi, for the last 30 min, and it still didn't feel like enough. It was a habit he had started after Dada died, as a way to calm down and focus. It had been a few years since he had gotten up this early to do it, but after what happened with Sameera the previous night, he really felt the need. As much as he tried, he couldn't get Sameera's words to leave his head.

He kept remembering Geet running away, saying it was wrong to kiss, that she couldn't accept the bracelet. Sameera saying that his money was sure to keep a girl around, but how could he ever trust that girl? Then back to Geet coming to his room after they got home, giving back the bracelet, saying she never wanted it. It was all a big jumble in his mind, that just seemed to get messier and messier.

Though he didn't want to agree with Sameera, there was something to what she said. Why would a woman want to be with him, except for his money? Yes, he was good looking and he had some adequate abilities, but was that really the kind of thing that made a woman want to spend the rest of her life with a man? Did he, Maan Singh Khurana, actually possess any character traits that could a attract a decent woman?

He was afraid he didn't. He was an angry, rude, self-absorbed workaholic, and he was sure there were lots of people who called him much worse. Hardly boyfriend, or husband material. Maan punched and kicked the air harder and more furiously, as he came to these conclusions. His movements became more desperate, almost to the point of collapse, until he heard a voice that broke his concentration.

"Maan, I want to talk to you." Maan looked around and saw Dadi standing in the door.

"Dadi, I want to be alone."

"Well, that's too bad, because I don't feel like leaving you alone. I want to talk about last night."

Maan groaned and said, "Dadi, if you don't mind..."

"Actually I do mind. I know what happened?"

"What do you mean, you know what happened? Did Geet...?"

"No, Geet, didn't say anything to me. I overheard her talking to Naintara this morning. Something about Sameera claiming that your wealth is the only reason Geet is with you and Geet giving you back a bracelet because of that."

Maan grimaced and looked away, but said nothing. In response, Dadi said, "Maan, I know this has upset you, but you can't let that woman affect you like this. She's not worth all this torment you put yourself through."

Dadi sighed. "I know you don't want to listen to me now. I should have spoken to you much earlier, but when your grandfather died, I was in such misery that I could barely function. Then JD came and I was caught up in helping deal with his issues, but now he's well taken care of. I can't see you in this condition anymore. I've seen that you were changing back to your old self with Geet, and I won't let that positivity be destroyed by such a despicable creature."

"Dadi, I don't know why you are bothering about this. Sameera said her piece, Geet didn't want the bracelet, there's an end."

"Geet didn't want the bracelet, or Geet didn't want you to think she was like how Sameera made her seem?"

"What difference does it make?"

"It makes a great deal of difference. Maan, I realize that what Sameera said probably did not affect your perception of Geet, but she wouldn't know that. She wasn't rejecting your gift, she was rejecting Sameera's interpretation of her acceptance."

"How did you know I...I mean, I didn't feel rej...I...uh...Geet can do whatever she wants. It doesn't bother me."

"Oh, really? Maan, just stop all this foolishness. Forget about what happened and what Sameera said. Go make up with Geet, and you will feel much better. I promise."

"Dadi, Geet and I didn't have a fight."

"Oh, no? Well, kiss and make up anyway. You should be jumping at the chance. You certainly seem to kiss Geet whenever any little opportunity occurs. And give her back the bracelet, and explain you don't believe what Sameera said. Both of you will feel much better."

Dadi left, and Maan was alone, with new thoughts now floating around his head. The most prominent one was a big confusion on what to do now? Should he do as Dadi suggested, or should he forget the whole thing?

Feb. 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Maan had come to the conclusion that he would have to do as Dadi suggested. He had spent the entire day avoiding Geet, but that hadn't helped calm the turmoil in his mind. One thing he couldn't get away from was the fact of their fake relationship. Dadi knew that nothing had happened between him and Geet, so the relationship couldn't just end. No, somehow he was going to have to convince Geet to take back the bracelet and continue playing his girlfriend for Dadi's sake.

Coming to this conclusion saw Maan walking into the kitchen a little before dinner and requesting Geet to come with him. Maan knew she was puzzled, but he wanted to make sure that they were alone for this conversation. He led the way back to his office, and when they were both inside, locked the door. Geet looked at him nervously, seeing the locked door, and Maan quickly set about reassuring her.

"Geet this is yours," said Maan, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the bracelet.

"Maan, I told you that I don't..."

"I know, you don't want it. But, Geet, you need to know that Dadi knows what happened last night and that I bought this for you. If you don't accept it, she will think that something is wrong."

"Wouldn't that be good, though? Then you can tell her that the relationship is finished, and this whole pretense will be over."

"No, if she thought we had a problem or a fight, she would just scheme to get us back together. What I want is for her to accept when we say that we're just not compatible, and that will never work if we end it so abruptly."

"But, I still don't..."

"Geet, I realize that last night was unpleasant, to say the least, but I want you to know that I don't consider you at all to be the kind of person Sameera was implying."

"You don't?"

"Of course not. If you were the kind of person who only cared about money, you would have negotiated better salaries for yourself. Now, I know you were a bit uncomfortable, but don't think of it as a Valentine's Day gift. Instead, think of it as a gift from a friend."

"A friend?" Of all the things that Maan had said to her in the last few minutes, this was the most surprising.

"Yes," confirmed Maan. "Don't you think that after everything that has happened, that we're entitled to at least call each other friend?"

Feb. 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Once again, Dadi was going to confront Maan, but instead of meeting him in the gym, she was in his bedroom. She had been so happy to see both Maan and Geet coming to the dinner table together, Geet wearing the beautiful gifted bracelet, and the two of them at ease in each other's company. It seemed like her talk with Maan did some good. Now, she intending to talk to him about another matter. She had a feeling he would try to avoid the conversation, but she wouldn't let him.

"Dadi, did you want something?"

"Yes, Maan, I want to speak with you. I was glad to see that you followed some of my advice, but there's still something that you have yet to do."

"What do you mean, Dadi?"

"I mean, that although it was nice to see Geet wearing that bracelet, I noticed that she wasn't wearing the Khurana Engagement Ring."

"Oh, yes, well..." Maan shifted uneasily, before walking over to a table and picking up the little ring box. "Dadi, I need to give this back to you."

"Oh, I won't take it back." To Maan's puzzled look, Dadi replied, "I want Geet as my bahu. That ring is rightfully hers. If you aren't ready to propose yet, then you'll have to keep the ring yourself. I have no intention of taking it back. Until you put that ring on her finger, it's responsibility belongs to you." Having dropped that bombshell, Dadi left Maan alone.

He was shocked. He knew that Dadi would like him to be married, but why was she so insistent that he propose to Geet right away. He barely knew anything about this girl, and Dadi was almost forcing him to marry her. What was it about Geet that Dadi was so thoroughly under her spell? Maan had no idea what to think about the situation. He only knew that he was never again going to be taken unawares regarding a person's character.

Digging out his phone, Maan placed an important phone call. When the call was picked up, he said quietly, "This is MSK. I need you to..."

The following 220 member(s) liked the above post:

angel_subnimmi26skydaffodils7suhasishankarnams4pyarisahelipsruthilaila889dpurvagaberinlwgeetsan1989shanmanshanmanjunehavashibvh123mishimCandy_jsnaanavanfunlover04shree1188ramavishsweetmelondancydreamerSalmankatneetugarg123ajolie9290860623lostfantacykasturi11gagsykrishna.pp1980fizza25asmi123mammamprerna27ammyicycoolwifey90TinkJialakshmisalvadiGemmAR_ArShishreya satishangeeshMaanGeetkiSimmiwilddevil2010bhakbhartifanSmiley1279reenasvjiasharmahemvbprizataannikirannaryaniAyesha_MSKnonabebuhansasmavarshrmaan13579ursrithikaMaankigopiMadhu-Elfin-diyachillpallavisarkarcue1sakadafiThugAngelsilver.Mrs.MSKForevergeet_9713chingamingkhansangelrichu26rostannbellswetha03chiki143sahibasharmaDiva7april12keerthi90Sphinxneha512rashgirl000mystique_girlmishtibSwaatiiHADmishti-eiya-CuteTommymirnalinimansijani21nan_10s-o-m-m-i-eLakshmi86Tishuu123prithamaansi007shivangi783Escapistbobbydolldoosheeka--jassi--Mina420charlie1950alias90-Jyo-maanmishtianshimanshitanya_vibabygurl10aksnsrikrithidhrashteeNanthini9teri_susanCythereaiqbals4everAnvi2009-Humera-heermeher-enchanted-DoJinputhNewdimedreamy4everdivya22chubzyTheBratvidu87bluedreamz953jazzerettecyum321maanujaanu-shamima-9staroneserialsshining_moongangesegb-harini-Shimmerrnats0101payal.gupta177Sophroniacustodian75daisydee425-BreakingDown-COLOGY-Zahra15-libra25TinkerBella-Veritaserum-maankigeet4eversmj1977.shrutirupzloveubasicquestion1LuvScoobykrati5Krishnaluv94ambbihaWater.wajiha-1sanu3108NoorFatimamrk-1meravigilisolovelycutietedy--Saavi--shalini01esha143-pixie-shruti_luvs_mskAntares-Zoya-sweet cherrylil_desi_goddeskomlikaninandnisha_hc_bs_dd-Yaz-punjabi.princeskooliioSahSahdivareenapop77kashishkjnawaz-afsha---Nargis--sweet scorpiomitzi11..Adeena..sona-rairsroopalivivacious_gurlhinal_maaneet--aarthi--shah10Shalve--Ratna--preethiayoga23priya6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6honeygrapeammu5Tyrosanum23mayyoShrutheSaamspunam2712CrazyCutesymysteriousmillipickachudumaskhwaishfanMysticRiverKrishna_SouravDonnaa.hayaat.

heermeher IF-Dazzler
heermeher
heermeher

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
r
-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged
I love cupid Dadi.....So Maan is going to have Geet investigating...while he may find out that Geet was his lab partner in college and has had a thing for him for quite sometime now...this will end only badly...sigh

Khair cant wait to read the next kiss..er...part LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mystique_girlWater.

Go to top