Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) (Page 101)

aksn Goldie
aksn
aksn

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Nice part. Maan don't leave chance to kiss Geet.

Lakshmi86 Goldie
Lakshmi86
Lakshmi86

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Hi,

Nice update!!!!!!!!
oops one more kiss............

I think you will jhave fill the coming update, atleast one kiss,
since it is getting interested...........
three kiss so far and all had great excuses........

maan is such a naughty guy............
-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
I absolutely love how this story is shaping up....great work Lakshmi...I am totally hooked onto this FF nowBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Water.

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 17
Feb. 1, 2011 1:35 pm

"Uncle, I'm home!" yelled JD, as he ran through the mansion, back towards Maan's office.

Maan looked up from his computer in surprise, not used to hearing JD's voice at this time of the day. Glancing at the clock on the wall, he saw that it was a good three hours or so earlier than JD's normal home coming time. Maan didn't know why he was home so early, or why Geet was allowing him to run through the mansion so nosily, but he intended to find out. Getting up from his desk, he walked toward the door, just in time to catch a flying JD in his arms.

"Uncle, I'm home early."

"I see that. Why are you home early?"

"I don't know," answered JD. "GT came to school and said that I had to leave early."

"Where is GT?"

"I think she went to her office. I'm going to go get a cookie."

JD wriggled out of Maan's arms, and ran down the hall towards the kitchen. Maan strode down the hall towards Geet's office, not too pleased with the interruption by his nephew. One of the reasons Maan had been so keen on enrolling JD in all day preschool, was because he could not work with a miniature human running around the house and making noise. When he neared the office, he could hear Geet speaking with the new secretary, whose name Maan could never remember. It wasn't like he needed to, because he let Geet handle everything to do with the office, and he just continued to email his instructions like he had been previously.

"Chelsea, you can go home now."

"Really? But..."

"No, Chelsea, no buts. You should go home now, while you still can."

"Okay, Geet, thanks." Chelsea grabbed her coat and things and hurried out of the room. When she saw Maan standing outside, she paused with a look of fear on her face, before saying softly, "Bye, Sir," and running quickly down the hall.

Maan walked into the office, his arms folded, his face impassive. Eyeing Geet, whose back was to him, asked, "You told...uh, Chelsea that she could go home?"

Geet jumped in shock, whirled around with her hand on her heart, exclaiming, "Wow, you scared me! What did you say?"

"So, JD came home early and you told Chelsea she could leave."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"The snow," answered Geet, in a tone that said it should be obvious.

"What snow?" asked Maan, looking out the window, and seeing only the snow that was already on the ground.

"What do you mean, what snow?" At Maan's blank look, Geet then asked, "Where do you live, under a rock? They're predicting 18 to 24 inches of snow to fall between this afternoon and tomorrow morning, with blizzard conditions tonight. It's been all over the news today."

"Okay, but there's no snow falling right now. Aren't you being a little premature?"

"Maan, the snow could start falling at any time. I wasn't going to take a chance that JD would be stuck at school, or that Chelsea would get into an accident while going home."

From the look on her face Maan could tell that Geet thought his question was stupid, but he couldn't help it. His business meant a lot to him and he didn't want anything to interfere with it's operation. He voiced his concerns to Geet about who would handle all the office calls for the rest of the day, and that JD was sure to interrupt them constantly. Geet tried to reassure him, but Maan was not listening to her.

Finally, out of desperation more than anything else, Geet yelled, "SIR!" very loud, cutting Maan off mid-word.

"I told you never to call me Sir again," said Maan. "You do remember what I said I would do, if you did?"

"Now, Maan, I only did that to get your attention," replied Geet nervously, as she watched Maan start to move slowly towards her. "You weren't listening when I said that I would be able to take care of the office and see that you weren't disturbed by JD."

When Geet's words failed to stop Maan's advance, she started backing up slowly. When he continued to walk towards her, Geet turned and ran out the door. Maan laughed at Geet's actions, knowing that she was afraid that he would act on his threat to kiss her if she called him Sir instead of Maan. He had thought it would be an effective way to ensure her compliance, especially with her increased opposition to kisses, brought on by what happened New Year's Eve.

She had been very upset by the kiss that was forced on them by JD, and when she came to him complaining and calling him sir, he had grabbed her and kissed her again. Then he had warned her that if she ever called him Sir instead of Maan again, that she would get the exact same treatment. He had gotten annoyed with her continued use of sir, especially when they were supposedly in a relationship. His plan had been affective, until today. Granted, she had called him sir when they were alone, but he couldn't take the chance that some one would hear.

"Well, Ms. Geet Handa, even if you are able to manage everything as you promised, that doesn't mean I will forget my promise. I told you what I would do, now see how Maan Singh Khurana keeps his promise."

Feb. 1, 2011 4:45 pm

After sending off his latest email, Maan again looked at the time. It had been a little more than three hours, and he had not heard one peep out of JD, or had any kind of disturbance. He was actually a bit curious to know what was going on. Knowing his nephew, he didn't think that it was possible to keep him that quiet for that long. Maan decided to do some spying to see if he could find out what was going on.

Picking up his empty coffee cup, figuring he could use it as an excuse, he went in search of his nephew and his pretend girlfriend. He started at Geet's office, finding no one, but he noticed that Geet's laptop was missing. He then checked a few other rooms, before making his way to the kitchen, thinking that that seemed to be Geet's favorite hiding place. When he poked his head inside the door, he saw an unexpected site. JD was sitting at the table, quietly working on something, while Geet was speaking on the headset and typing something in the computer.

Once the call was finished, Geet got up from her seat and went to look over JD's shoulder. "You're doing a really good job, JD."

"Thanks. How many points was that?"

"10."

"What are you guys doing?"

When he heard Maan's voice, JD's face lit up and he quickly got down from his seat. Grabbing Maan's hand, JD said excitedly, "Uncle, come look at my work. GT says I'm doing a really good job practicing my name. I have to practice it very hard, because it's so long."

"Look, J..A..Y..E..N..D..R..A..D..U..R..G..E..S..H..K..H..U..R..A..N..A. There's my name, Uncle. Is it good?"

Maan looked at the sheets of paper JD was holding out to him. He could see JD's childish handwriting trying to copy Geet's simple print. Jayendra Durgesh Khurana was written over and over, and Maan was impressed at how well his five year old nephew was writing.

"Yes, it's good, JD. What's this about points?"

Just as JD was about to answer the question, Geet's office phone rang, and she said, "Al right, JD, now," and pushed a timer, before answering the phone.

"What's..." but Maan couldn't say anymore because JD put his hand on his mouth and shook his head. He waited silently while Geet talked on the phone, something about rescheduling an appointment. She finished quickly and ended the call, then pushed the timer to stop it.

"How many points was that, GT?"

"15. You've been doing a really good job."

"What are these points?" asked Maan again.

"Uncle, when GT gets a phone call, I stay as quiet as I can, and the more I stay quiet, the more points I get."

"And what do you get for all these points?"

"Oh, lots of things. An extra story, a special desert, more playtime, lots of things. The more points I get the more things I get."

Maan was impressed. Not only by Geet's ability to manage JD's behavior, but by her simple choices, which seemed very effective. If it had been him, he probably would have offered JD some expensive toys, or made him watch TV, which might be easy, but probably not that good for a child. To cover up the fact that he was snooping, Maan gave Geet his coffee cup and demanded that she make him some more. Then he beat a hasty retreat back to his own office.

Feb. 1, 2011 9:30 pm

"Wow, GT, did you see? Did you see them push the car?"

"Yes, I saw."

"It's really snowy outside. I looked outside and it's all white. Everywhere!"

JD was amazed by what he was seeing on the TV. He didn't understand all the words they were saying, but he could see that there was a lot of snow. He was glad that he was at home with GT. He liked snow, but even he knew that this kind of snow was a little scary. Regardless, he felt very safe, snuggled in up in GT's arms, cuddling with her under a blanket. It also felt good to have Uncle sitting in a chair next to the couch they were on. JD knew that if anything bad happened, that his uncle would fix it.

When a commercial came on, JD tried to hide his yawn from Geet, but she saw it and said, "That's enough news for you, young man. Time for bed."

"But, there's no school tomorrow. I can sleep and sleep."

"Maybe you can sleep and sleep," said Geet, "but GT still has to get up to work in the office."

"Nope," said Maan.

"What do you mean, nope?"

"I mean, that you don't have to work in the office tomorrow, because we're going to be closed."

"What?"

"It's obvious that most of the other area businesses will be closed tomorrow, so I don't see any reason to work if everyone else has a holiday."

"But, your international investments? They won't be closed," responded Geet, confused at this strange behavior from her workaholic boss.

"We'll record a message explaining that we're closed due to weather. They can last one day without me."

"Yay!" cried JD. "Tomorrow we all have a free day! GT can make pancakes, and we can make snowmen and..."

"And that's tomorrow. Right now it's time for bed," said Geet sternly.

"Okay," replied JD, who held out his arms to be picked up. Geet took him in her arms, and he hugged her tight, nestling his face in her neck.

"I want Uncle to come with us," demanded JD sleepily.

Geet looked at Maan, and saw that although he seemed surprised, was willing enough to tag along. Geet carried JD upstairs, where Maan pulled down the bed covers and Geet laid JD on his bed gently. She had already got him dressed and ready earlier, so she just gave him a goodnight kiss and turned out the lights. Then she and Maan quietly left the room.

Geet had just started to walk to her own room, when she felt Maan pull on her arm. "What are you doing?" she whispered, not wanting to disturb JD or Dadi.

"Have you forgotten what you said to me earlier today," questioned Maan, "and what your punishment will be?"

"Maan, I told you why I said that. Let me go."

Geet tried to break free of Maan's grip, but she couldn't. His hold was too strong. She knew there was nothing she could say that would stop him, or make him change his mind. Her eyes closed, and she stood there, helpless, waiting in fear or anticipation, she didn't know. Unexpectedly, she felt a slight touch on her cheek, which prompted her to open her eyes. Realizing that Maan had kissed her, fulfilling his promise, but only on her cheek, she felt very confused.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"That was for the wonderful job you do looking after my nephew. I never realized how much effort you put into not only satisfying his needs, but helping him develop and grow."

Geet looked at Maan with wide eyes, not able to believe this was the same person, who just months ago was so angry with her that he wouldn't even let Nakul give her a ride home. What had changed? What was different? He was looking at her differently than he ever had before. Geet didn't know what to make of it.

Maan started to walk towards his room, when he suddenly turned back and said, "You got a reprieve this time, but remember. If you ever call me Sir again, you know what I'll do."

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 February 2011 at 11:35pm

The following 223 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarangel_subnimmi26skydaffodils7thahupyarisahelilaila889dpurvainlwgeetswtpoosan1989shanmanshanmanjunehavashibvh123mishimCandy_jsrim7shree1188tasneemmazharsweetmelondancydreamerSalmankatajolieneetugarg123aahhh9290860623zazoy12gagsykrishna.fizza25pp1980LoveManeetasmi123ariz2000wifey90sonupatammyicycoolcutegurl224mans22GemmlakshmisalvadiAR_ArShiNiksAngelangeeshreenasvtaannikirannaryaniAyesha_MSKMaanGeetkiSimmiwilddevil2010alu5123bhakbhartifanKavyaNaik123jiasharmahansasmanonabebuhemvbprizauzmam1-Elfin-varshrholyangelriyaanu87maan13579MaankigopiMadhudiyachillpallavisarkarsakadafiThugAngel-BeingAppy-SIYAHIMrs.MSKForevergeet_9713richu26drashtiMyAnGeLchingamingsoniaz121khansangelannbellMaangeetlove7rostchiki143sahibasharmaDiva7prabha75rockinggirl5rashgirl000Anny90april12Sphinxkeerthi90madhu.pmlistHADmishti-eiya-CuteTommymysticangelmirnalinis-o-m-m-i-eshivangi783maansi007Lakshmi86Escapistbobbydoll--jassi--Tishuu-Jyo-alias90teri_susanmaanmishticharlie1950trishapNanthini9babygurl10aksndhrashteesrikrithianshimanshiCythereaDhara_s_mahi_Anvi2009iqbals4everdreamy4everheermeherDoJindivya22puthNewdimechubzyvidu87bluedreamz953cyum321-shamima-jazzerette9staroneserialsshining_moonninavi-harini-Shimmerrnats0101payal.gupta177Sophroniakshubhangicustodian75-BreakingDown-daisydee425-Zahra15-KoolsmileTinkerBellamaankigeet4ever-Veritaserum-rupzloveubasicquestion1LuvScoobyKrishnaluv94smj1977.shrutikrati5sanu3108ambbihaWater.wajiha-1NoorFatimamrk-1meravigilisolovelycutietedyvrsharmashruti_luvs_mskAntares--Saavi--shalini01esha143-pixie--Zoya-punjabi.princessweet cherryanjucoolkomlikaninandlil_desi_goddes-Yaz-SahSahswetha10jnawazkashishkpop77divareena-afsha---Nargis--namita25kooliiosweet scorpiomchopranahtani88aamirkhanfanshah10hinal_maaneetliv2laughvivacious_gurlrsroopali--aarthi----Ratna--Shalvepreethia6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6honeygrapeyoga23priyaShrutheSaamspunam2712ammu5kahkashansakinaTyrosanum23Madhuri53CrazyCutesymysteriousmillipickachudumaskhwaishfanMysticRiver.CookieMonster.Donnaa

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged

So, on Feb. 1 & 2, the Midwest (which is a region in the middle of the United States, for those of you who don't know) actually had a very LARGE snow storm. I live in Iowa (right next to Illinois, the state that Chicago is in) and though we did not get as much snow as they did, we got a lot. About 12 inches, or so, which is a lot to get in less than 24 hours, at least in this area. The conditions were very bad for driving. I was coming home from work at about 8:30pm, and I never drove faster than 20 miles/hr, and usually less, the visibility was very bad, sometimes all I could see was white, and a normal 15 min drive took me about 40 min.

Here you can see an example of what Geet would have been watching during the day to keep informed.

CBSChicago

Here is the video that I used as inspiration for what they were watching at night when JD comments on people pushing a car.

WGN You will have to endure an add before watching the video, and the page has the annoying quirk of wanting to keep playing other videos for you.

Here is an uploaded youtube video of Feb 2. It shows how a bunch of cars were stuck on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I wanted to somehow include this in the update, but I decided not too. I have something better planned for the next one. Anyway, watch this video, I think you will find it very interesting, especially if you live somewhere where you don't get snow.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 February 2011 at 11:35pm

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

inlwgeetskydaffodils7ammyicycoolasmi123wilddevil2010Ayesha_MSK-Elfin-SapphireFlamesMaankigopiMadhumans22dhrashteeaksnLakshmi86shivangi783Escapistalias90DoJinputhTheBratjazzerette-shamima-shining_moon-harini-SophroniaDhara_slil_desi_goddeslibra25NoorFatimaWater.wajiha-1esha143-pixie-Antaresvivacious_gurlrsroopalimitzi11SahSah-afsha-namita25swetha10pop77CrazyCutesyMadhuri53

chubzy IF-Dazzler
chubzy
chubzy

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Very sweet n cute update! Lovd JD a lot.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123

KavyaNaik123 Senior Member
KavyaNaik123
KavyaNaik123

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
wow that was sooo gud,,u r getting us addicted to ur lovly story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123-Zoya-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Another kiss from the miss? Should we be bringing out a warrant for the serial kiss stealer MSKLOL?

Loved the update....

Edited by -pixie- - 14 February 2011 at 7:03pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aksnjazzerette-Zoya-mitzi11vivacious_gurl

Go to top