Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) (Page 10)

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
That was a very interesting part...cant wait to read more...do add me to your list!

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 2
Oct. 29, 2005 6:00pm

Maan could barely contain his excitement. He was finally going to become engaged today. To the rest of the world, 22 might seem like an early age to become engaged, but in his family, it was actually quite late. Dev had married Naintara at 19 and Vicky had married Meera at only 18. In each case they had compelling reasons.

Dev had loved Naintara from the time they were children, and when her family moved back to India, it had been a difficult separation for both of them. Knowing the conservative views of her family, they had felt that it was best to seek permission to marry instead of sneaking around. With Vicky being deployed to Iraq, it was no wonder that he and Meera wanted to wed. There was never any guarantee that a soldier would come back from war, and many couples preferred to seize what happiness they could, incase the worst happened.

So now he was a brother-in-law and an uncle twice over. It had made him seriously consider his own future. Though his father and grandfather had easily found wonderful spouses by the time they were 20, Maan had been extremely cautious. Unlike his father and grandfather, he had grown up as the grandson of one of Chicago's leading businessmen. As the eldest of three boys, he was constantly viewed not as a person, but as a prize. Mothers and their daughters thought more about his checkbook than his character. Before he committed himself, he wanted to be sure that he found a decent girl, who could love him for himself, not for what he could buy her.

It had taken a while, but now he had finally found the right girl. He was finally ready to propose. He wanted to make this night perfect for his darling Sameera, so he had made elaborate plans. Some might think that proposing before a Halloween party was very strange, but Maan knew that she would love it. The idea had come to him as soon as she suggested that they should dress as Cinderella and Prince Charming.

He knew how much she adored fairy tales, so he could think of no better way to ask her to be his forever, than as her prince charming. She thought that he was coming to pick her up at 8:00, put he arrived early with the intention of surprising her and taking her out to dinner before the party. If all went according to plan, and he was sure it would, they would be officially engaged in a matter of just a few hours.

Bounding up the stairs to the second floor of her apartment building, he could barely contain his excitement. The ring he bought only last week, was burning a hole in his pocket, just waiting to be put on its new owners finger. It was going to take a lot of effort on his part to act cool, so she didn't suspect anything. However, he was sure he was up to the challenge.

As he approached the apartment door, he was just about to knock when he heard what sounded like giggling coming from inside. It wasn't something that he was used to and it caused him to pause with his fist just inches away from the door. This momentary distraction gave his eyes an opportunity to wander, and he noticed that the door was ever so slightly ajar. This was also very strange, and had Maan pushing open the door cautiously, uncertain of what he would find.

Nothing could have prepared him for what he discovered. Moving inside the living room, his eyes moved toward the large mirror on the wall. What he saw there captured his attention and would not let him look away. As soon as he recognized one of the two figures whose actions, though obscured by a bed sheet, were easily understandable, Maan felt the life being sucked out of him. He could barely breath as he watched the woman he thought to be so pure, defiling herself with some stranger. When he began to understand the words they were speaking to each other, his breathing stopped.

"Baby, how much longer until that idiot proposes to you?"

"Nick, I swear, it will be within the next two weeks, I'm sure of it."

"Well, when he does, you know we'll have to cut back on the business. He'll want more of your time, once you're engaged. I think it would be best if you persuade him to marry as soon as possible. Can you do that?"

"Can I do that? Are you kidding? I've got him so fooled, he actually thinks my parents left me a trust fund that pays for this apartment. Of course I won't have any problem convincing him for a quick marriage. Although, I have to tell you, he's awfully slow. I have a hard time believing he's actually been with a girl before. Just last week he asked permission to kiss me. He said he knew how sensitive and pure I was, and didn't want me to misunderstand his intentions. I swear, even that timid guy with the glasses, uh...Mr. Chen, had more of a clue than Maan does." The couple laughed, clearly amused by Maan's behavior.

"Well, Baby, you have to admit that you have a lot of experience. It can't be easy to satisfy you."

"The same could be said of you."

"That's true, and I could definitely use some satisfying right about now."

"That's what I'm here for. But we only have about an hour. He's coming to pick me up at 8:00, and I'll need at least an hour to get ready."

"Well then, get a move on, woman."

"Hmmm. What experience would you like. Do you want me to demonstrate what I learned from John? Or would you prefer some of what I do for Anton. How about..."

As Sameera continued her list of names and things that she did with those faceless strangers, Maan felt the bile rise in his throat. He could not stand to be in that place another second. Silently rushing out the door, Maan made his way blindly out of the building and to the street.

As happy as he had felt just a few minutes ago, he now felt the same amount of despair. How could it be true? How could his darling, his love, be such creature? How could she be so utterly different than what he thought? How could she have fooled him so completely?

Remembering the laughter that was made at his expense, Maan's pain gave way to acute anger. He thought about how nervous he had been, all the preparations he had made, all for nothing. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the box that held the greatest proof of his folly. He opened it and took out the ring, the box dropping unnoticed to the ground. He stared furiously at the delicate round object, that he thought had been a representation of the pure love between him and Sameera.

After contemplating it for a few moments, he threw it away in one quick motion. He threw away a 2000 dollar ring as if it was trash, just like the woman it was meant for. Uncaring, and without looking back, Maan strode away, determined to find the nearest bar and forget there was ever a woman named Sameera.

Oct. 29, 2005 8:10pm

"This is Maan Singh Khurana. Leave me a message."

"Maan, it's Sameera. I'm just wondering where you are? It's not like you to be late. Is everything alright?"

Oct. 29, 2005 8:45pm

"Maan, I've left you five messages already. I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to leave for the party. Just meet me there instead of coming to my place, okay?"

Oct. 30, 2005 12:02am

"Maan, I never expected this kind of behavior from you. Do you know how embarrassing it was to have people asking where you were tonight? I'm going to expect some serious apologizing from you. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Edited by laxmi2010 - 26 January 2011 at 11:42pm

The following 230 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarskydaffodils7nimmi26pyarisahelipsruthilaila889payalprasaddpurvagaberinlwgeetchintushilpaswtpoosan1989shanmanjushanmanbvh123kathrina7176mishimstar432Candy_jsdew.dropshree1188ramavishdancydreamerSalmankatajoliefluffyktauneetugarg123deepsikha09rockingchahatsweetmelonkavitha05snehadingoesrupithipi9290860623zazoy12gagsypp1980srosa18asmi123ariz2000ammyicycoolwifey90AR_ArShilakshmisalvadiGemmjoa123reenasvangeeshshreya satishdesilifeKavyaNaik123shalinikanagubhakbhartifanwilddevil2010alu5123MaankiMariamAyesha_MSKtaannihansasmahemvbuzmam1-Elfin-red135bvarshrSapphireFlamesMaankigopiMadhuYellowtullipsdiyachillruchshahsilver.pallavisarkarsakadafiThugAngelpiyushikhansangelrichu26ElizaKawachingamingRihanna4allDASTAK..swetha03shruthiruchsannbellrostchiki143pari_DDrashgirl000Anny90ylaraibapril12prabha75mounacutyrockinggirl5Diva7sanam1234uneha512sahibasharmaoaz30keerthi90HADmishti-eiya-madhu.pmlistArsheelaCuteTommysanjuleenan_10s-o-m-m-i-eshivangi783maansi007Lakshmi86TishuuMounchydoosheekaMina420Escapistmaanmishtitrishapteri_susancharlie1950--Kesh--anshimanshibabygurl10dhrashteeDhara_skyphfanzAnvi2009iqbals4everCythereaheermeherDoJindreamy4everdivya22puthchubzyTheBratbluedreamz953cyum321-shamima-jazzeretteamzu32Atiffamaanujaanu9staroneserialsshining_moon-harini-Shimmerrprincess163lovemaaneet1kshubhangirandhir_ki_dollpayal.gupta177Sophronianats0101custodian75-BreakingDown-Koolsmiledaisydee425TinkerBellanehakapoor7-Zahra15--Veritaserum-maankigeet4everKrishnaluv94basicquestion1LuvScoobysmj1977.shrutikrati5wajiha-1mrk-1meravigilisosanu3108ambbihaWater.AntaresMeetPremeer--Saavi--shruti_luvs_msk-Zoya-shalini01esha143-pixie-alicia212lil_desi_goddeskomlikaanjucoolpunjabi.princeshindu4lyfkooliio-afsha---Nargis--SahSahswetha10kashishkpop77jnawazaamirkhanfansweet scorpiomitzi11mchoprashah10hinal_maaneetAsh1991rsroopalimaanseevivacious_gurl--Ratna--sona-rai--aarthi--yoga23priya6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6honeygrapekahkashansakinaammu5ShrutheSaamspunam2712sanum23mayyoharshdbMadhuri53CrazyCutesymysteriousmillidumasbhanu_rekhagkhwaishfanMysticRiverKrishna_Sourav.CookieMonster.Donnaa

cyum321 IF-Dazzler
cyum321
cyum321

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
GREAT UPDATE
aamirkhanfan IF-Sizzlerz
aamirkhanfan
aamirkhanfan

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
awesome update...........................poor maan, feel so sorry for him......................hope he teaches sameera a good lesson
preethia IF-Sizzlerz
preethia
preethia

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:20am | IP Logged
oh that was a pretty bad past..............poor maan.............no wonder he is drinking so much to ease out his pain................nice update..................thnks for the pm......................
MeetPremeer IF-Rockerz
MeetPremeer
MeetPremeer

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:23am | IP Logged
poor maan
bhanu_rekhag IF-Stunnerz
bhanu_rekhag
bhanu_rekhag

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:24am | IP Logged
its amazing part.... Poor maan
-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged
ah ha...4 years since his heart broke! So he is celebrating his hearbreakisary in the first part

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TishuuSophroniaWater.krati5

Go to top