FF-Tum Kaun Ho? (Chapters1-23) - Page 58

Posted: 13 years ago

Sheila needs to stay away from maan.

Loool maan pulling to go and dance with him like a teacher is taking a student out of the classroom for being naughy.

Sameera maan is not going to fall for you again.

Wow maan kisses her☺️☺️☺️☺️ and geet seems to be enjoying it too. Good that maan slapped sameera, she deserved it. 👏👏👏👏

I hope dadi gets them engaged.
marvelous update
cant wait see how
Maan explain to Geet
what he did in the party
beautiful dress pls
cont soonnnnnnnn
thanks pm
omg. their first kiss.
umm so sameera is back to trap maan again.
ur ff is really interesting.
cant wait for the next update.
wow their first kiss....loved the update. Please update soon. I know being greedy but just cannot wait :)

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 15
Dec. 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Maan had been trying and trying to figure out a way to tell Dadi the truth without making her feel bad, but couldn't. As they were walking back into the mansion, he finally decided to come right out and tell her. "Dadi, I'd like to speak to you for a minute."

"Beta, not now. I'm very tired, and want to go to bed. You two don't stay up too late either, it's Christmas tomorrow."

"But, Dadi..."

"Goodnight, Beta."

Maan watched Dadi walk off towards the stairs and felt intensely frustrated. He wanted to tell Dadi right now, but she was getting older and needed her rest. In fact, she usually went to bed by nine, so this was late for her. He would have to explain to her later.

While Maan was thinking to himself, Geet was also thinking. Her thoughts led her to grab Maan's arm and pull him into his office, where she asked him angrily, "Why didn't you tell Dadi the truth?"

Even though Maan had been wondering the same thing, he didn't like Geet questioning him. "Why didn't you tell her the truth?" he questioned back.

"Excuse me? Why should I tell her anything? Whose Dadi is she? Who is the one who said I was girlfriend?"

Maan closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. "Look, Geet, I apologize for my behavior, it's just that when I heard Sameera talking I kind of lost my head. You don't know this but Sameera used to be..."

"I know all about Sameera."

"You know? How do you know?"

Geet looked at him uncertainly, and then responded, "Everyone at Chicago University knows about her. In fact, I'm pretty sure that most of Chicago knows about the history between the two of you."

"Wait, you went to the University of Chicago?" This question prompted Geet to look at him like he was crazy. Maybe he was. "Look, forget about that. Okay, so you know about her. Then you may have figured out the reason for my behavior. Believe me, it was nothing personal. I had just overheard her plotting to get back together with me, and I did the first thing that I could think of to put her off."

"Yeah, whatever. What I'm worried about now is Dadi. The longer the truth is kept from her, the worse it is going to be."

"I agree, and I will explain everything to her tomorrow morning. Now, I don't want to talk about this incident any more. Go to bed."

Geet hesitated, still feeling uneasy about the whole situation. Just to be sure she asked, "You really will tell Dadi tomorrow?"

"LEAVE!"

Geet didn't need any other incentive to leave Maan alone. The whole evening had been so unbelievable. She just wanted to run away and hide herself under her bed covers.

Dec. 25, 2010 8:23 am

"Maan! Maan beta, wake up!" Maan could hear Dadi knocking loudly on his door, and he groaned, turning over and putting the pillow on his head to block out the sound.

"Maan!"

The knocking continued for awhile, and then suddenly stopped. Maan relaxed, assuming that Dadi had given up an gone away. He was desperate to go back to sleep, as he had had serious trouble getting to sleep the previous night. The events kept playing over and over in his head, especially the kiss he had shared with Geet. If the circumstances were different, he might admit that the kiss was actually enjoyable and he wouldn't mind a repeat opportunity.

It was during this semi-conscious musing of his mind that Maan suddenly felt an unwelcome chill. His blankets had been snatched away, and the loss caused Maan to shoot upward in irritation, ready to have it out with the person who was disturbing his sleep. When he saw it was Dadi, his anger lessened, but only slightly, especially when he saw what time it was.

"Dadi," he complained, "why are you disturbing me so early?"

"Maan, get up and get dressed. You're coming with us to Christmas Mass today."

"No way. Never!"

"Maan, I know you don't think much of religion, but you are coming today. You know that when JD came to stay, we agreed to take him to St. Francis for worship out of respect for Meera."

"Am I stopping you from taking him to mass? No. I don't see why all of a sudden you're so keen to have me come now."

"Maan, things are different, now that you're in a relationship with Geet. Poor little JD has had such difficulties in his life, I want him to have all the happiness possible. What can be better than having his family, including you, celebrate Christmas with him. Now, no more arguing. Get up and be ready to leave with us in five minutes."

Dec. 25, 2010 8:30 am

Geet was surprised to see Maan coming down the stairs, looking as if he was going to accompany them to mass. Ever since she had started living at the mansion, she had gone with JD and Dadi to Sunday mass, and he had never come. She also knew that he had never attended mass with them before either. She tried to catch his eyes, to silently ask if he had told Dadi the truth. He was avoiding her gaze, and she had no opportunity to speak with him alone and find out what was going on.

Dec. 25, 2010 11:14 am

When they came back home from Mass, JD had insisted that Geet make hot chocolate for them before they had present opening. That was why she was sipping a steaming mug of the stuff when he asked, "GT, are you and Uncle going to have a baby?"

His question nearly caused Geet to spit out what was in her mouth. As it was, she coughed for quite a few seconds, before being able to croak out a, "What?"

"Aaron's mom and her boyfriend are having a baby and Uncle is your boyfriend, so I thought you're having a baby."

"JD, who told you that Uncle was my boyfriend?"

"I heard Dadi telling some lady at Mass, when she asked why Uncle came with us."

"Well, JD, Uncle and I are not having a baby," said Geet through gritted teeth, as she stared at Maan angrily.

"Oh. Are you and Uncle going to sleep in the same bed like Mommy and Daddy?"

Geet looked at the little five year old in shock, while Maan coughed and Dadi laughed at her precocious grandson. "JD, Mommy and Daddy were married, that's why they slept in the same bed."

"So, you and Uncle don't sleep in the same bed and ain't gonna have a baby."

"Don't say ain't," responded Geet automatically, unable to wrap her mind around the fact that JD was asking these kinds of questions about Maan and her. "Come on, let's start opening presents. Look at all these gifts you have waiting for you under the tree," said Geet brightly, trying to change the subject.

As soon as JD was engrossed in his present opening, Geet walked over to where Maan was sitting and said, "Maan, darling, I need you to help me with something in the kitchen." Before Maan could protest, Geet grasped hold of his hand and pulled him quickly off towards the kitchen.

Once they were inside, Maan opened his mouth to ask what she thought she was doing, when Geet said sharply, "You were supposed to tell Dadi the truth! Now she's telling people about us and JD's asking if we're going to have a baby."

"Hey, don't blame me, blame Aaron. Who is Aaron, anyway?"

"A boy who goes to preschool with JD. Don't change the subject! This entire situation is your fault. It's gone a lot farther than just being a way to get back at your ex-girlfriend. You need to tell Dadi the truth. Now!"

Maan rubbed his forehead with his fingers, and then said in a weary voice, "I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't?"

"I mean, when it was just Dadi, it was one thing. Even all those people at the party weren't really a concern. But now Dadi has started telling her friends about us. How can I make her look the liar. I can't. We'll just have to pretend for a few months..."

"A FEW MONTHS!" shrieked Geet.

"Don't get hysterical. I'll pay you extra for the inconvenience."

"You're sick. Not only do you want to continue this ridiculous deception, but you want to pay me money to LIE to Dadi. That's disgusting! And it's not just Dadi, now JD is involved. Have you thought about how all this is going to affect him? He's already asking questions about things he's too young to know."

"Kids these days are a lot more aware of what's going on, and people break up all the time. That's a fact of life that he should get used to now, instead of later."

"So that's your plan," Geet queried scornfully. "We break up after a few months. Then what happens? I'm out of two jobs, a home, and Dadi and JD's lives forever? No!"

"It won't be like that," reassured Maan. "There is such a thing as amicable break ups. After a few months we'll just tell Dadi that we've decided to split because we don't have much in common, but that we're still friends, or something. It will work."

"That is such a stupid idea. It will never..."

"Geet, Maan?"

Dadi's voice could be heard by both of them, and it was clear that she was about to enter the kitchen. Once again, Maan did the only thing he could think of, and took Geet in his arms, quickly covering her mouth with his own. Geet was completely taken off balance by his actions, and once again had no power to resist the kiss. In a split second, they both all but forgot the situation they were in as sensation began to take over. It was only when they heard coughing that they were brought back to reality.

"So, Geet," said Dadi slyly, as Maan and Geet broke apart and looked at her standing in the kitchen doorway, "this is what you needed help with in the kitchen." Geet blushed, and looked away, while Maan just stood there, looking at Dadi.

"If you both can manage to control yourselves, there is a little person waiting for you to come and open the presents that he picked out for you himself. Hurry up."

Geet felt so embarrassed at being caught like that by Dadi. Once she was sure Dadi was out of earshot, she blasted Maan. "How dare you kiss me again! You...You...You better find a way to get us out of this mess soon. And...NO MORE KISSING!"

"But, Geet, if we're going to pretend to be a couple we will have to show some displays of affection."

"That may be, but a bit of hugging and hand holding is enough. No kisses."

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
Thanks for updating!!! :) off to read!
wow, another kiss 😉
me loving this so much!!!
Thankyou so much again!!!!
Edited by silver. - 13 years ago
hey that was a very cool part..i'am seriously enjoying the way the story is progressing.....hmmm...so maan is unable to tell dadi the truth...& dadi is happy in her own world.....now it is so obvious that neither geet nor maan would want to break dadi's heart....so this leaves maan, geet in a fix....but to tell you the truth i'am liking it very much to see maan geet in this situation where they are caught in...so it is Christmas & a welcoming change has come...maan has accompanied his family to the Mass prayer.....well though by force but it is nice to see maan behave as a part of his family...i was laughing my life put at jd's questions, maan geet's embarrassment....bechare maan geet...so maan does not remember geet from his uni..but if i'am not wrong they both were in the same class right? do tell me if i'am wrong.....as the story is moving forward it is getting clear that there is some mystery in maan, geet's relationship... which maan is not aware of....anyway good going...the last scene were maan kisses geet....hmmm....i'am sure soon these kisses, hugs would not be just a show off,  when they pretend  to be boyfriend, girlfriend for the coming months....i'am kinda  sure that is dikhave ke rishthe mein, bohat jaldi they will develop feelings & attachment towards one another...very well written...👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏do continue soon.....😊Edited by Surya.Ravi - 13 years ago
nice part..Maan still don't remember that Geet study with her,,
He he......😳😳😳😳

Maan.......lolz....he was thinking he would not mind another kiss with Geet...n lolz...he was just looking at an opportunity.

N Geet...hugging and holding hands...but no kissing....hehehe........😆😆😆

Loved the update....

Thanks so much.
Lovely ! The messier the situation, the story is gonna get more lovely...literally !