India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Will Sultan(Ajay) return from the dead?

Chicagogal IF-Dazzler
Chicagogal
Chicagogal

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/Will-Sultan-return-from-the-dead/Article1-654096.aspx

Believe this… Ekta Kapoor, the head honcho of Balaji Telefilms and Alt Entertainment, wants Ajay Devgn back in the sequel of Once Upon A Time In Mumbai. The only hitch, as Devgn pointed out to her with a smile when she approached him, is that Sultan bhai, Devgn's character in the film loosely modelled on'70s don Haji Mastan, died in Part 1.

Devgn, whose four-day film festival Jeeyo Ajay starts on UTV Movies today with movies like Golmaal Returns, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Raju Chacha, Apaharan and Kachche Dhaage, admits that Ekta is keen to have him back in Part 2 but as of now, he is clueless about script developments. "I trust Ekta and her sensibilities. Let her finish work on the script, then we will see," he shrugs. "I'm sure the character she comes up with for me this time will be on par with Sultan bhai, may be even a few notches higher. Meanwhile, she and I have started work on another film, an action thriller called Special Chhabis."

OUATIMSpecial Chhabis, to be directed by Neeraj Pandey, who earlier directed A Wednesday, is likely to go on floors late this year or early next year. The film revolves around a group of men who succeed in looting a jeweller pretending to be income tax officials.

The soap queen-turned-moviemaker admits that she has met Devgn for the Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai sequel and is working on an idea to bring him back into the project. "I've told him that it will take longer than we expected. And Ajay has given me the time to work my way around the story," she says. "He has spoilt me. Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai was an ambitious project for my company and he made it the film it became. By saying that, I'm not trying to run anyone down. It was a collective effort that made the story believable. But it's made the sequel that even more difficult."

Kangna Ranaut, who played a movie star and Devgn's lady love Rehana, is in the dark about the sequel. "I have no idea what is happening, I haven't been approached yet. Sultan dies but Rehana is still alive," she reasons. "Ekta is a dear friend, she would never offer me a film she didn't think was worth my time and effort. If she has a meaty role for me in Part 2, she will be in touch. Till then, we can only wait and watch."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top