Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Open letter to India forums and Geet mod

surenkal Goldie
surenkal
surenkal

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

OPEN LETTER TO INDIA FORUMS

So I went and looked up the GEET-IF rules again to see what I had done wrong to get my topic--Only on Indian TV SR gives stress to mums to be--- closed.

Broadly these are the rules on GEET FORUM. I re read them. My replies are in all bold

* If any member is seen opening topics on debina or any other actor then the topic will b trashed straightaway and the member will get instant rise in his/her warning meter

No I did not do this

*So from now onwards gurti talks will b only limited to their performances,on-screen chemistry,spoiler pics and sbs/sbb related talks

Did I mention any one actor by name or comment on their performance? No. I only wondered about a fictional character. this is called speculating and that is all a part of forum talk i thought.

*Members are requested to report the topics rather than continue to quote and fight in the thread itself:

Did anyone report my topic? From what I can see only 3 people commented on it. 2 thought I should not say the "I" word in connection to mann, one like my post. No body said anything else. in fact the topic was not even being read until the moderator locked it.

*Comparison post related to the actor's personal life or between two shows/characters/actors will not be entertained anymore:

No I did not comment on any one's personal life. I just wondered if the scene is uncomfortable for any of the leads. Is that a comment on their personal life?

*Irrelevant polls or threads which are not related to the show will not be allowed anymore:

Was my post irrelevant? I was wondering about the show and the next sequence. why is that not relevant

This is the mod's reponse:

i fail to understand why people always like to jump to insane conclusions about an actor's like or dislike based on 2secs the promos...

u'll really think actors in tellyland hv this choice of deciding the story and screenplay of a show based on their likings ??....the day they start dictating their terms they will b shown the door irrespective of how much popular they r.....so plss stop jumping to conclusions which hv no base..
And how do you what power lead actors yield in Tellyland? Do you work there? Just as you ASSUME that actors have no power, I ASSUME actors have the power. It is matter of opinion. And yes I have worked in TV, with daily soaps before you ask. In any case I was "speculating" (in case you do not know what that means the dictionary defines it as to "form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.")

I was not instigating which means"incite someone to do something, esp. something bad." You are "moderator" not a moral keeper of our opinions. You don't like a post, comment on it like we all do. Don't force your opinions on what MAY or CAN happen. When and If it happens, take action. But this kind of preemptive action is only counter productive. You are discouraging people to express themselves  within the rules.

India Forum—this is unfair and against any forum rules. 

These type of posts only lead to fights in the forum...

This post had created no fights on the forum. You Just Assumed it would… it had been on for day and half and had no fights on it. 

And also while showing our frustations or emotions can we try to keep a check on our language as well..

What was wrong with the langauge? Did I abuse anyone? did I use any bad words? No, not at all

Impotent also means --- "lacking in power, as to act effectively; helpless" 

And I believe that is what Mann will do… act helpless… what part of that word is bad language? My emotions are in check. What about yours?

Since there r already 7-8 posts doing the rounds discussing the promo...so closing this one as it comes under repitative post and also there r certain things which r instigating in the post

Why did you not close all the other ones… why this one?

And what in the world is this instigating "incite someone to do something, esp. something bad." Did anyone fight after reading this post? At least on the post i see no protests.

I would like to lodge a formal compliant and state that this moderator is biased and knows nothing about the social networking. This attitude is discouraging.

I tried to figure out how to close this account, but it seems the only way to do that is to ask Priya Nair or Vijay. So please do that or just feel satisfied and ban me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rolzz

Rolzz IF-Sizzlerz
Rolzz
Rolzz

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Yes, u r right..... there was no need to close your topic...
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

To answer your query..yes the topic was reported...

Now coming to the rules that were broken..here is the list..

1)Repitative topic on promo...already similar posts with more replies were doing the rounds.,..so not just yours but many other repitative topics on same subject was closed since things can b discussed in one topic..its again an IF rule of no Repitative topic

2)Words like "Impotent" were used which was considered offensive by few members and the report I got was on this basis..Sometimes such words r allowed in good humour depending on the context of the sentence in which it was used

3)Whenever an issue of actor's comfort level is raised in the forum,topic got out of hand and hv ended up in fights among different fan grps...So there was a report based on this issue as well..

4)Coming to the rules of IF..those rules which u hv mentioned were the ones which were broken in the forum but they r not the only rules..if u want to know all the rules of IF..plss check this following link..

If u hv any further queries,feel free to PM me rather than opening a separate topic for it since such issues r suppose to b discussed via PM service

Closing this topic
Geet DT

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top