India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Blindfold act really?? (Page 4)

gremlin. IF-Rockerz
gremlin.
gremlin.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Although it is commendable that they tried something different and risky but honestly it looked too much clumsy to me they were finding eachother in half of the act by moving their hands in air and even coordination was off in some places.
But still its a difficult thing to do it could have been really bad but still they pulled it off without any major flaws so you have to give them the credit for that.

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Nish.sevakinfinity00Tani91togepe30

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
the best blindfold act i've seen is hussain-tina's performance from nach baliye season 2...they performed on dance of envy from dil to pagal hai...it was excellent...ragini-nirav's dance could have been better in my opinion Ermm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vellankisevak--ania--YusBee

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Diivi.Nish.sevakAnjaani_Dastaan--Rachna--togepe30

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Thank you all so much for your posts with so much insight...Big smile
Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shounak-rijul1

Originally posted by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan

it really wasnt  that bad. 
 I for one liked the act Alot
 ive never seen any duet where both people are blindfolded so i really liked it and the choreo in general was good =) 
it was clumsy but it wasnt horrific like people are claiming 

LOL Seriously!LOLLOLThe big hullaballo ppl are doing regarding whether its a blindfold or see through..godddD'oh...If it wasnt a real blindfold...dont u feel ragini and neerav would land up with their hand movements same to same?I mean..when Ragini comes back and holds Neerav's hands..then when they act with the black curtain and all..and Ragini looked a bit nervous too..as seen in the rehearsals too...For me..it indeed was a courageous act put forth by them...and em just not saying bcoz em a fan of Ragini Khanna..its just a layman's POV..

And someone wrote about Ragini being a poor dancerLOL..its JDJ and her choreo Neerav who have shown her to be a poor dancer..I think she is not made for these shows...Ragini does well in places where you have original dance forms..like..there's completele dance from the starting till the end..with no lifts,no stunts,etc..anyways..I completely fail to understand the so called modern CONTEMPORARY dane forms..where there is less dance and more stunts..[or rather...no dance..and only stuntsLOL]...I think...Ragini cant do these stunts and lifts and she gets tired..but for me..that is not dance at all..OK..Me no maha gyaani of dance..but acc to me..I feel dance should me more of movement than doing such lifts and all..and that is Ragini's forte..Did u see how well she perfromed in madhuri special medley?WHy?..bcoz..it was only dance..nothin else...SO i think Ragini should attempt more of such dance than doing lifts and all...[and its a common stereotype..that the one who can do lifts,stunts in a perfromance..is considered a fantastic and a 'shocker dancer'Stern Smile

Although i do agree with you when it comes to people being a little mean about RagiNeev not doing full justice to this act okay not a little mean but full on mean about it. 

I just thought i should let u know Contemporary isn't stunts and doing lifts. In fact  Contemporary dance is a raw form of Ballet dancing. =) 
and its a Very popular dance form all over the world, im guessing u dont watch Dance india dance? haha its a very popular dance form on that show because of one of the mentors on that show Terence Lewis who happens to be Neerav and Shampas dance teacher =) 

Edited by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan - 25 January 2011 at 12:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeeCurlylocks

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaan

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:23am | IP Logged

it really wasnt  that bad. 
 I for one liked the act Alot
 ive never seen any duet where both people are blindfolded so i really liked it and the choreo in general was good =) 
it was clumsy but it wasnt horrific like people are claiming 

LOL Seriously!LOLLOLThe big hullaballo ppl are doing regarding whether its a blindfold or see through..godddD'oh...If it wasnt a real blindfold...dont u feel ragini and neerav would land up with their hand movements same to same?I mean..when Ragini comes back and holds Neerav's hands..then when they act with the black curtain and all..and Ragini looked a bit nervous too..as seen in the rehearsals too...For me..it indeed was a courageous act put forth by them...and em just not saying bcoz em a fan of Ragini Khanna..its just a layman's POV..

And someone wrote about Ragini being a poor dancerLOL..its JDJ and her choreo Neerav who have shown her to be a poor dancer..I think she is not made for these shows...Ragini does well in places where you have original dance forms..like..there's completele dance from the starting till the end..with no lifts,no stunts,etc..anyways..I completely fail to understand the so called modern CONTEMPORARY dane forms..where there is less dance and more stunts..[or rather...no dance..and only stuntsLOL]...I think...Ragini cant do these stunts and lifts and she gets tired..but for me..that is not dance at all..OK..Me no maha gyaani of dance..but acc to me..I feel dance should me more of movement than doing such lifts and all..and that is Ragini's forte..Did u see how well she perfromed in madhuri special medley?WHy?..bcoz..it was only dance..nothin else...SO i think Ragini should attempt more of such dance than doing lifts and all...[and its a common stereotype..that the one who can do lifts,stunts in a perfromance..is considered a fantastic and a 'shocker dancer'Stern Smile

Although i do agree with you when it comes to people being a little mean about RagiNeev not doing full justice to this act okay not a little mean but full on mean about it. 

I just thought i should let u know Contemporary isn't stunts and doing lifts. In fact  Contemporary dance is a raw form of Ballet dancing. =) 
and its a Very popular dance form all over the world, im guessing u dont watch Dance india dance? haha its a very popular dance form on that show because of one of the mentors on that show Terence Lewis who happens to be Neerav and Shampas dance teacher =) 

No..I do watch DID..and do know that contemporary dance isnt about stunts and all..I was talking in general...I mean..not specifical dance form a or anything...I do watch them..like them..but dont enjoy as much as I enjoy seeing dances which are more Indian!..Maybe bollywood style dancing or something like that?..Tongue

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay hehehe sorry the crazy die heart DID contemporary fan in me had to say soemthing hope i didnt sound rude =) 

and i agree bollywood has its own filmy maza 

Edited by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan - 25 January 2011 at 12:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

Go to top