Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein
Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein

SS- 7 Minutes In Heaven- Complete Pg1 6/05/11

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
7 Minutes In Heaven

Men clad in formal suits in sombre colours, women adorned in dazzling saris that had enough sequins and other sparkly embellishments to out shine a star, little girls wearing puffy frocks, and little boys in suits that seemed to big for them-- only these kinds of 'high-class' people had the privilege to attend the MP's New Year's party.
Unfortunately, the shiny stuff hurted Alka's eyes, and besides that she couldn't walk more than two steps in a sari, so she made do with a pink chiffon dress that was a decent few inches above the knee. She released her fury at a pebble lying near her foot, kicking it. Her brother, Abhishek, had abandoned her so that he could look for his doe-eyed, typical Indian girlfriend, Nandini, leaving Alka to deal with the monotony of meeting 'n' greeting dozens of middle-aged politicians and their family, people who she didn't give a damn about. Abhishek had said that Nandini needed him to encourage her, just a last reassuring glance from him before she stepped on the stage to perform in front of strangers, would give her the strength not to freeze in the middle of the stage, although Abhishek knew that Nandini wasn't just going to 'glance' at his face, but a lot more.  
Alka had to admit that although this party was boring, it wasn't as bad as other political events she had attended, at least she didn't have to be polite and smile like a Cheshire cat every single second, at least she had a chance to escape into the more denser, quieter area of the forest, deep into it, where there wasn't anyone to reprimand her over the way she was sitting.
She sat on a fallen tree , her hands quivering from the chill, as she got her phone out of her purse. She flipped it open, and then wished she hadn't, because the white light destroyed the mystic feeling of the forest, and plus, it illuminated the creepy crawlies, making them more obvious to her. She shrieked and ran out of the forest; there wasn't anything Alka hated more than things with more than insects. 
Alka bumped straight into Chander, her father's assistant, and staggered backwards by the force of the push. Chander grasped her shoulder and jerked her forward, "What's up?" he asked, once she was stable enough to stand without his support, "Your clumsy day today?"
"No..there are scorpions, spiders, and insects in the forest" she whispered, sort of raspily, but innocently nevertheless
"What did you expect? Unicorns?"
"No!" She shook her head, and then all of a sudden that innocence, the staggering, was gone. She went back to being the strong, in-control Alka, "Sorry. I, uh, need a drink" She walked around him and picked up a glass of coke from a tray that a waiter was carrying around, slurping it all in one go.
"He-ey! Alka!" Kiran, her brother's ex -- one who didn't know she was an ex-- squealed, in that I-am-a-girly-girl-who-doesn't-do-anything-for-fear-of-breaking-my-nails type of voice.
"Yeah" Alka tried to make her voice sound as nonchalant as possible, but in fact she felt like screaming, and throttling poor Kiran, only for committing the crime of talking to her.
"Why are you hanging around with the oldies? Come on!" Kiran grabbed Alka's hand and dragged her inside a building, while Alka tried to look as dignified as possible, wishing that she had realised how strong Kiran was, before.
"Come, I will introduce you to everyone. Alka, do you know where Abhishek is?"
"Um. No." We entered into a hall, with a buffet laid out in one corner, waiters roaming around the room, serving food to the guests. There were tittering girls in dresses barely covering the parts that needed to be covered, guys in tuxes flirting with those girls. The tables had cloths of silk, in blue, on them, with cutlery which she presumed was pure silver.
"Oh, ok. Oh, look! There's Simi, Sharma uncle's daughter"
"Yeah, nice to meet you Simi. Listen, Kiran, I have to go. I will be right back" Alka smiled and turned around, hoping to leave the room without drawing attention to her self.
-

Chander shook his head, "That girl! Sometimes, she is Jhansi ki Rani, and other times, gosh she's so immature" he muttered to himself.

"Oye, Chander! Have you seen Nandini?" Abhishek asked.

"Hi Abhishek. No Abhishek. Where did you come from Abhishek?"

"You sound like a robot. Anyways, what do you mean? I came from the entrance, if you are talking about now. If you are talking about before that, then well I guess you need to brush up on your biology" He smirked.

"And you need to eat almonds so that your memory improves. Have you forgotten that I am nothing but a robot, dancing to your whims?" he muttered.

"Did you say something?"

"Er..what? No, nothing at all, Abhishek"

"Ok. Then, um, bye" Abhishek gave Chander an analysing glance, and turned around to leave.

"Yeah, I..." He was interrupted mid-sentence, when some old man tapped his shoulder.

"Beta, Where is the washroom?" 

"Over there" He pointed towards a building with bricks the colour of caramel.

"Thank you, Beta"

"Oh, no problem. You are welcome." Chander smiled and slightly ducked his head as a show of respect.

He took out his phone just as it started to vibrate.

"Hello. Alka. Mmn hmmn. No, I….yes…but…fine, I'll be there"

She didn't even let him talk.

-

"This is like the most BORING New Year's Party ever! Chander…where are you?" Alka paced right and left near the stairs.

"What are you doing here Alka? Bauji is looking for you"

"NO! I don't want to meet another Sharma or Malhotra uncle. And I don't want to meet their son either, so don't even think about it."

"I wasn't"

He grabbed her wrist, leading her upstairs.

They entered a small attic-like room. She coughed and waved her hand in front of her face. "There's so much dust! Chander, where have you brought me?"

He climbed a stool and raised his hand, sliding a door (that she'd just noticed) open.

"Oh!" She looked up at the mystical sight above. So many stars, like sequins on the queen's evening gown. "Chander its gorgeous!"

"Hmm"

He unconsciously wrapped an arm around her waist, and they both stood gazing at the stars.

5 minutes later…

"We should go…it's nearly 12"

"Yeah, we should"

"Errr Alka?"

"Yes?"

"The door's jammed."

"Uh-oh. Can't you like, um, kick it open?"

"Do I look like some Bollywood hero to you?"

"Chander! Look, I don't like staying in the dark for too long"

"Do you want me to open that window again?"

"No! Stay here. With me."

"Then I can't do anything. Sorry"

She decided to try her luck and open the door.

He felt her cool breath on his face as she leaned forward.

"Hmm?"

She planted her lips on his before she realised what was happening.

They weren't kissing; it was just her lips resting on his. He wrapped his arm around her waist and sort of pulled her closer. They didn't seem to want to pull back; they were simply unable to. She heard violins, she saw fireflies, she smelt roses; she felt like she was in a fairytale!

2 minutes later…

"3….2…1….Happy New Year!" The boom of fireworks separated them.

"Oh. Oh. OH!" Alka whispered.

He touched his lips; they were still tingling with the taste of her raspberry lipgloss.

She reached for the door, and this time it opened.

"Alka..."

She stepped out before he could stop her.

-

As she glanced at her clock that night, Alka was briefly reminded of a game they used to play in uni. She never took part, unless Ralph was with her. Wasn't it called…Seven minutes in heaven…? She giggled.

She slept with Chander's names on her lips, thoughts of him on her mind; her last peaceful night.

-

Ta-Da..! Finally over! And I'm sorry..I sort of lost the story cause I didnt write for so long..Ouch

Please do comment if u canSmile

Suvi

Edited by Suvi7884 - 06 May 2011 at 9:22am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

ritamukundaish77AnuNstoneheartautorikshabhavika0611---ayesha---Rehanism-Anks--Azy-ozzyieSomerholicGirl-Mayu--Deepali-

SomerholicGirl IF-Rockerz
SomerholicGirl
SomerholicGirl

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged

dear...

You are really awesome...
I became a fan of ur written works...
Ur writing is really awesome...
Keep it up lil....

love,
Haaki

Edited by haaki_ragz - 27 January 2011 at 4:21am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ritamukund

autoriksha Senior Member
autoriksha
autoriksha

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Suvi,
Writing is in your blood as you write so beautifully :)  the way you decribe the whole situation is amazing..really, i am looking forward reading the next part...keep up the good work sweetie, you are worth of praise..(:-)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ritamukundPrinsesse.Suvi

ozzyie IF-Rockerz
ozzyie
ozzyie

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Its really very nice Suvi.Smile
U r character sketches of all(specially Alka and Kiran) r really awesome. it seems , u have a very good hand in writing. Keep goin!
am really waitin 4 your next part.

Prinsesse.Suvi

Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by autoriksha

Suvi,
Writing is in your blood as you write so beautifully :)  the way you decribe the whole situation is amazing..really, i am looking forward reading the next part...keep up the good work sweetie, you are worth of praise..(:-)
Thank you so much Rita! Embarrassed
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ozzy88

Its really very nice Suvi.Smile
U r character sketches of all(specially Alka and Kiran) r really awesome. it seems , u have a very good hand in writing. Keep goin!
am really waitin 4 your next part.
Thanks Sumita! I hope I dont keep you waiting too long lolEmbarrassed

ozzyie

Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by haaki_ragz

dear...

You are really awesome...
I became a fan of ur written works...
Ur writing is really awesome...
Keep it up lil....

love,
Haaki
Thank you Haaki di...
ur appreciation means a lotEmbarrassed
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Ok..Next part and final part will be up in 2 minutes...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index