Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Disappointed with Best Music Nominations? (Page 7)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:59pm | IP Logged

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

Originally posted by koolchick

Atif is criticized A LOT because of his lack of sur.....as much as I loved tere liye, he sung it almost in a monotone, maybe in only three or four different notes? Then I think there is that issue that he is Pakistani, especially by Abhijeet who cannot stand Atif singing in India instead of his own country (thanks Tani91Smile)

Regardless, if songs like Sheila and Munni can get nominated, then this one can too.

Sorry, I went to edit and I instead made another postConfused

Well, I'm not saying he should've won an award....but he should be nominated somewhere down the line, in some award show this year, in my opinion. Atif isn't the best singer out there when it comes to  singing technicalities - I agree and I'm pretty sure many are aware of that ...but when you have people who can barely act winning best actress/actor awards...then I don't see why there would be a problem at least nominating a singer who sang one of the best and most likable songs of  2010. A lot of the categories are already bs...but, I wouldn't have termed Atif being nominated for a song like Tere Liye as rubbish...it really wouldn't have been OTT or so..

Edited by starstuck - 25 January 2011 at 9:00pm
koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 9:24pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

starstruckk

Hunk101 Goldie
Hunk101
Hunk101

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Sorry to disagree, but I feel the awards in music were quite deserving. S-W got SS award for dabang & even SEL got an award for MNK music. Then Mamta got starscreen for Munni, & that was well deserving, even Shreya Ghoshal was deserving for bahara, she has the most beautiful voice. And Shankar mahadevan & even A R Rehman said that she's the best female singer our country has ever got, her singing skills are the best.  Reason for Raavan not being nominated wud be because it had only one good & memorable song ranjha ranjha, besides that other songs were not that great.

Only thing is I wish songs like ranjha ranjha & Tere liye should have been nominated in best song category but not atif for best male singer. But overall the awards were okay, I feel music awards are not biased but the major awards like popular actors, actresses, etc are usually biased.

Edited by Hunk101 - 25 January 2011 at 11:17pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BackpiperShreyacool

Backpiper Groupbie
Backpiper
Backpiper

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
I can see people grumbling about atif not getting award. Guys atif getting a best singer award for singing is something like an actress like katrina kaif getting a national award for acting.
I understand he's voice is unique & he is very popular with his songs, but he isnt a good singer nor does he have good singing skills.

Check out what other singers, MD's & musicians say about him, they consider him besura:

Sunidhi says atif is overated & he cant sing
Not only sunidhi but even Shreya in one of her interviews said she cant understand why her own brother likes atifs songs.

All these talented music artists cant be wrong. rite?

Edited by Backpiper - 25 January 2011 at 10:57pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverShreyacoolHunk101qwwwkoolchickruky786

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

eraser

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Backpiper

I can see people grumbling about atif not getting award. Guys atif getting a best singer award for singing is something like an actress like katrina kaif getting a national award for acting.
I understand he's voice is unique & he is very popular with his songs, but he isnt a good singer nor does he have good singing skills.

Check out what other singers, MD's & musicians say about him, they consider him besura:

Sunidhi says atif is overated & he cant sing
Not only sunidhi but even Shreya in one of her interviews said she cant understand why her own brother likes atifs songs.

All these talented music artists cant be wrong. rite?

I really don't care what other singers may have to say here (and that may even sound harsh)...The likes of Aadesh tried their best to even nitpick Shafqat Amanat Ali's singing which was beyond me to say the least...and this dude (Shafqat) can really sing and he even proved that when he sang  Mitwa live with Shankar on one of these singing shows where Aadesh was left speechless in the end....So, I really don't ponder too much into a lot of these comments..each to its own.

As far as my comments go.. my point is the song Tere Liye did not get acknowledged so far at any award show...to me that was surprising, can't say that about anybody but hey, that's my opinion. Whether the acknowledgment could have been through nominating (keyword = nomination) Atif for Tere Liye, or just placing Tere Liye in the best song of the year or whatever...I can't even recall all the music nominees, but you get the point. Keep in mind, I never said he should have won an award....that's something totally different. 

Also, it's funny how singers get criticized so much if they go besura here and there, yet when the actors/actresses in this industry fail to do their job properly they'll be receiving nomination after nomination in every other awards show... Double standards much?

Anywho, it's not that big of a deal in my eyes, I'm not even disappointed about it actually....just saw this thread as a perfect place to express what crossed my mind while watching a few of the award shows that have taken place till now. 

Go to top