Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Disappointed with Best Music Nominations? (Page 4)

ShadowKisses IF-Dazzler
ShadowKisses
ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

I was definitely pissed off on behalf of Amit Trivedi whose work in both Udaan and Aisha was so much better than what other 'popular' music directors managed. Oh, and ARR not getting nominated for Ravaan is utter BS. Nominating Sajid-Wajid for Dabangg seemed ludicrous especially because it was your average run of the mill affair - much like Veer.

I am beyond tired of seeing Shreya Ghoshal being nominated time and again for songs like Bahara. Yes, she does well in them but come on, giving her awards for repeating herself year after year seems a huge disservice to singers such as Anushka (who I thought was brilliant in Behkhe Behkhe and By the Way) and Rekha Bhardwaj (Ranjha ranjha; enough said). Not nominating Sunidhi for Udi especially when she's nominated for Sheila is ridic. Equally ridiculous to see Mamta Sharma getting nominated for Munni when she wouldn't even be in the running if not for how well received the song was thanks to Malaika and Salman.

Edited by ShadowKisses - 25 January 2011 at 8:58am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverqwwwElusiveDevotionNuktaacheenMrsNealCaffrey-Mmmmm-ChippeshwiniDexterkichokriruky786....Poojie....

pooja_l IF-Rockerz
pooja_l
pooja_l

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
i agree, raavan had awesome songs
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:41am | IP Logged
I'm disappointed anyway....the awards are Censored, the performances were ok, the hosting is Thumbs Down everything about these awards let alone the music

Oh yh Ranjha Ranjha not nominated? Why? I dont care if the film flopped but come on....what an amazing song...Tujhe Bhula Diya definitely should have been nominated as well. Zor Ka Jhatka is one amazing song and it wasnt nominated a complete load of Censored
ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Definitely tujhe bhula diya should have been in the list. others deserve it. dil toh bacha hai ji, pee loon, tere mast mast do nain.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Pooruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

I was definitely pissed off on behalf of Amit Trivedi whose work in both Udaan and Aisha was so much better than what other 'popular' music directors managed. Oh, and ARR not getting a nominated for Ravaan is utter BS. Nominating Sajid-Wajid for Dabangg seemed ludicrous especially because it was your average run of the mill affair - much like Veer.

I am beyond tired of seeing Shreya Ghoshal being nominated time and again for songs like Bahara. Yes, she does well in them but come on, giving her awards for repeating herself year after year seems a huge disservice to singers such as Anushka (who I thought was brilliant in Behkhe Behkhe and By the Way) and Rekha Bhardwaj (Ranjha ranjha; enough said). Not nominating Sunidhi for Udi especially when she's nominated for Sheila is ridic. Equally ridiculous to see Mamta Sharma getting nominated for Munni when she wouldn't even be in the running if not for how well received the song was thanks to Malaika and Salman.

I completely agree about Aisha and Udaan not being nominated...Raavan had fantastic music, Anushka (the singer) did do a brilliant job for Behke Behke, you not the only who is fed up of Shreya Goshal winning every year you know...ok she did a good job BUT I think they missed out on some other singers as well such as Anusha Mani for Lehrein she sung it so well, Shruti Pathak for Aas Paas Khuda was brilliant.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwShadowKisses-Mmmmm-Chippeshwini

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
wait, AA wasn't nominated for best music category? Confused what the....? I wonder if it would still not be nominated had the film been a blockbuster.

damnit man, tujhe bhula diya was really the song of the year. and the other soundtracks of this film are quite amazing as well. I'd say it's of the rare few albums in which all songs are top-notch.

this is bullshit. 

Edited by CZ.. - 25 January 2011 at 8:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786ZoobiDoobi

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

wait, AA wasn't nominated for best music category? Confused what the....? I wonder if it would still not be nominated had the film been a blockbuster.

damnit man, tujhe bhula diya was really the song of the year. and the other soundtracks of this film are quite amazing as well. I'd say it's of the rare few albums in which all songs are top-notch.

this is bullshit. 

Hey Neeta Hug Miss you yaar.

Yeah, when films make a huge profit, only then they r realized. Some BS.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

AmbyCious IF-Dazzler
AmbyCious
AmbyCious

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
ARR is too hyped about.

Vishal shekhar deserve it for IHLS..n once upon a tym...

Go to top