Disappointed with Best Music Nominations? - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
I think they need to have seperate categories for fast and slow music...because there is no way you can compare a song like Munni to Pee Loon.... and yes...they need to have a critics choice with real musicians rather than directors and producers
This isn't in regards to the best music nominations, but...

I'm not a huge Atif Aslam fan (although I do like some of his songs) but last year, I really liked his song Tere Liye from Prince...and it was pretty popular, but I did not see him nominated in any  "best male singer" category, in any of the awards, that have taken place so far this year.....
Edited by starstuck - 13 years ago
Originally posted by starstuck

I'm not a huge Atif Aslam fan (although I do like some of his songs) but last year, I really liked his song Tere Liye from Prince...and it was pretty popular, but I did not see him nominated in any  "best male singer" category, in any of the awards, that have taken place so far this year.....

AGREED!!!! Tere Liye was a FABULOUS song and he didn't get a single nomination!
Originally posted by KatForeva

AGREED!!!! Tere Liye was a FABULOUS song and he didn't get a single nomination!

I don't know if it's just me...but I was prettyyy surprised to have not seen him being nominated for that song. I honestly thought he sang it really well and just overall, it's a nice one.

I don't know if it's just me...but I was prettyyy surprised to have not seen him being nominated for that song. I honestly thought he sang it really well and just overall, it's a nice one.

Its not just you! I completely agree! They just don't give Atif what he deserves. He didn't even get an award for Tu Jaane Na right?

Tere liye was one of the best song of 2010!!! Even I was very shocked to see the nomination!!!! Munni and Sheila are basically a dance numbers and not music number!!!! I dont know what kind of nomination was that!!!!
Edited by sweetrahz - 13 years ago
Edit: Read post on next page
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
^Oh I think you mean Abhijeet
Originally posted by Tani91

^Oh I think you mean Abhijeet

Yes! It's him...I'll add him into my post๐Ÿ˜›
Originally posted by koolchick

Atif is criticized A LOT because of his lack of sur.....as much as I loved tere liye, he sung it almost in a monotone, maybe in only three or four different notes? Then I think there is that issue that he is Pakistani, especially by Abhijeet who cannot stand Atif singing in India instead of his own country (thanks Tani91๐Ÿ˜Š)

Regardless, if songs like Sheila and Munni can get nominated, then this one can too.

Sorry, I went to edit and I instead made another post๐Ÿ˜•
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago