India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK, Big B & Dench to work together

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
It cannot get any bigger or better than this! Two icons of Bollywood and a heavyweight Hollywood A-lister are coming together to support the cause of education among the underprivileged in India.

Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Judi Dench will be working in tandem to promote education among the low-income groups of the country with the sole aim that when these kids become bread-winners, they will have a better life and in turn provide better opportunities to their children.

And bringing these top actors together is none other than the Oscar-winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty. His foundation has been silently working towards bettering the socio-economic conditions of the poverty struck groups but he believes that the time has come to go top gear. "It is unimaginable that even in the 21st century there is rampant illiteracy in India. We are making our presence felt in the world and this aspect is something that should definitely be tackled. Along with economy and cultural boom, India should not be spoken as a country that is also illiteracy stricken," Resul told TOI.

He added, "Without Amitabh Bachchan's blessing, my project would have not started at all. He has helped me with funds and goodness. It is time to implement new things. Just when I was planning different things, Judi Dench came to my rescue. She had spent eight weeks in the country while shooting her Hollywood project in Rajasthan. She saw the rich and the poor and was touched by the work that we were doing."

According to Resul, Judi will play a very active role in the project. "Judi has told me to draw plans and just tell her what is to be done and she will try her level best to do more than what has been asked of her," he said. SRK's inclusion certainly bolsters the plans further. "I have met Shah Rukh while working on his movie Ra.One. I told him all about our charity that is being supported by two big luminaries and he was more than keen to support. SRK is a silent benefactor and he too will be with us in this cause," Resul added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/SRK-Big-B-Dench-to-work-together/articleshow/7346920.cms

Edited by ruky786 - 24 January 2011 at 10:29am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenMrsNealCaffrey-Mmmmm-

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged

Very nice!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
that is so great....!   Big smile

rusool was also involved with slumdog millionaire, wasn't he... happy others are involved in this as well...!   srk, and amit ji are fabulous choices... both are highly educated themselves, and very well spoken...

education among the underprivileged, is a cause that's also close to my heart... i'm glad they got judi on the project as well... i love that woman....!!   Big smileBig smile

Salma2-Mmmmm-ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Great british actress can't waitBig smile
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

Great british actress can't waitBig smile

can't wait...?

ruky, it's not a movie... LOLLOLLOL  they are all involved in the charity for the education amongst the underprivileged in India...!   Big smile

but i do love Judi... she is so awesome... and her diction is just beyond cool....!!   EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

koolchick-Mmmmm-ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
ROFLOMG i posted the article and assumed it was a film its for charity work oh my days I am mad

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenkoolchick

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:13am | IP Logged

I really appreciate the amount of social work Resul is doing..... Since the last couple of years his organisation is working towards the education of the underpriveleged in many part of southern India..

Its good that well known celebs like AB and SRK are supporting it.....This is a big boost to the foundation and will also help in reaching out to a wider platform and having Judi on board will bring in a global exposure too...  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:13am | IP Logged

^^haha omg.LOL

I am amazed a bit with the news, with what I know, SRK /Amithab never like to discussed their charity projects in media.

Yeah I loved this more, cause education is the factor which change the future of these people. Hope it succeeds, we still have lesser literacy rate.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Go to top