Shweta's play with Karan Mehra..article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Telly actors get on the stage.
Buzz up!

TV actors Ashiesh Roy, Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra were part of the cast of the play Wife Time Trouble of which a special show was held at the annual National Defense Academy entertainment fest, Pune. It was the debut stage performance for Shweta Gulati who currently stars in Gilli Gilli Gappa on SAB TV.

She replaced Barka Bisht who played the role originally but could not be part of this performance as she was in Kolkata. We speak to Asheish Roy who reveals that he had to give up being a part of the reality show Zor Ka Jhatka hosted by Shah Rukh Khan to be a part of this play.

Ashiesh reveals "I had signed Zor Ka Jhatka but had to back out because I would not be able to make it in time for the play. People say I am crazy to give up a sow that is being hosted by Shah Rukh Khan and shot in Argentina; it would have been my first reality show. The play was a prior commitment and plus the show was for the defense forces so I did not think twice. We enjoy the luxury of doing reality shows because of the jawans on our border. My colleagues and me are planning to do another show at the NDA in March".

Speaking about the play Asheish says "The story is about lack of communication between couples after marriage and also lack of tolerance. The message is highlighted through a divorced couple who comes back together. It is a serious message but told in a light hearted and entertaining way. It is filled with tongue-in-cheek humour".

Ashiesh who himself is busy with his TV show Mrs and Mr Sharma Allahbadwale, is all praise for co-actors Shweta Gulati and Karan Mehra. He says " I know Shweta well because we have done two TV shows together. We prepared the play in 6 days and Shweta and Karan would attend the rehearsals after completing the shooting of Gilli Gilli Gappa and Behenein respectively. We drove down to Pune for the show and were completely fatigued but still managed to put up the performance in front of 2000 cadets after which we received a standing ovation".

The actor also shares a funny incident "Some of the cadets were punished for laughing too loudly. I was surprised to hear about this but I was told that they have to control themselves and maintain discipline. It fills you heart with pride when cadets enjoy your performance, this feeling beats the TRP's of TV".

source: indya.com

lolz tia with prof. chaudhary...and ders aditya too...i am guessing he;s d karan mehra dey r referring to...its funny how remix costars end up working wid each other:)

d play sounds really good..esp dem perfoming for the national defence academy made me very happy😃

Edited by maxliz - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Shweta got only six days to prepare herself ?? ðŸ˜² woww the very thot of it makes me shiver .....cause I kind of know the feel of it ðŸ˜† and that too such a heavy professional work ....This girl has some guts I must say ....Wish I could see the play ....loved the theme of it .....

and also have to say Ashiesh Roy is thorough professional and is loyal and commited to his work .....No wonder he is one of the most respected actors in tellywood who values work commitment more than name and fame .....

and yes thats the Karan Mehra we know ...The other one works for Yeh Rishta and I don't think will ever do stage drama ....atleast I hope so ðŸ¤” But it's nice to see how Karan always does theater shows along with serials ....No wonder he is improving with each passing day now ....theater really helps you enhance ur skills ....

I wish Shweta was actually in the show and not a replacement ....could have seen her pics then ...but anyways this pis is awesome too ....must be from The Ek chaabi days ....she looks adorable along with ashiesh .....I hope she does more than one show for the play though ...and the article is complete wrong ...this is not her debut theater show ....She has done two more theater work in the past ...😆