Random Musing-24th January Yet2Watch

.Manal. IF-Addictz
.Manal.
.Manal.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Hola Maryaada Forum,

Welcome to the Random Musings thread! Hug

Please jump in with  your views on the 
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems,Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1: 

Some simple rules: 

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that! Big smile
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views Big smile 
5. Have fun LOL

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Manal
-Tuesday: Jaya
-Wednesday: Manal
-Thursday: Jaya
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open a thread on any of the days, let us know Hug]

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KenpachinbostedBheegiBasantiMrsKaranGroverKriYaansh...

.Manal. IF-Addictz
.Manal.
.Manal.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged
***RESERVED*** Big smile
Guyz im really sorrry for not being active Unhappy !! the last few days were so tiring Unhappy !! had no proper sleep Unhappy !! schoool cumin to end !! so further planning started Unhappy !! so really busy Unhappy !! buh now i had ma Nice Sleeep LOL !! so heheheheheheh gona watch todays epi Big smile !! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedBheegiBasantiKriYaansh...

.Manal. IF-Addictz
.Manal.
.Manal.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:30am | IP Logged
NOTE: Guyz im really happy Big smile !! we gettin so many members here Big smile !!! buh most r jst silent readers !!n im so happy atleast they hit the like button Smile !! buh we will be more happy if u'll join us Big smile
-Manal

nbostedBingeBheegiBasanti

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

nbostedBheegiBasanti.Manal.

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Hola everybody!

Welcome back Mana...Hug.

All...I second what Mana said. Its great to see people read what we write but it would be awesome for this forum, which is rather quiet, if you jumped in and participated. Smile

Alright...time for the return of Filler Monday after the Rocking Friday!  LOL Here goes with my quick thoughts on the episode:

• Today started where Friday ended with a dejected Vidya looking at the open door of the bedroom and covering herself. An angry Gaurav on the other hand takes out his frustration on his boxing bag. Now...I find Gaurav's character's anger and frustration very interesting. Is he feeling these emotions because he finds himself attracted to Vidya? Or is his anger due to the double life he is leading? Or...is this perhaps the guilt he is feeling at what he is doing to Vidya? There is a lot of debate about whether Gaurav's secret is that he is gay. My thoughts have swung between yes he is to no he is seeing a married woman who is possibly also older. The writers have given clues that can be seen either way. From purely a story standpoint, I would prefer the latter as there are already many complex story lines that need to be dealt with already without throwing sexual orientation in the mix.
  • A wandering Jaggi comes upon Gaurav but is asked to mind his own business when he inquires about what is bothering Gaurav. Filler scene but it was nice to see these characters interact. Maybe its got to do with Gaurav's quieter personality type characterization, but we hardly ever get scenes between Gaurav and Jaggi or Gaurav and Imli. I also liked the brief Imli - Jaggi conversation about Gaurav's attitude.
  • At the Jhaakar guest house, Priya's Bua is preparing Priya's bed with a new sheet set she purchased. This was a nice sequence and I was touched by Mr. Pradhan's emotions. But, I found the first part of the scene a bit theatrical in its execution with all the characters facing the camera. I would have preferred this scene so much more if Priya was being tucked in on her last "singleton" night at home and Mr. Pradhan getting nostalgic as he sat next to her or watched her. Mr. Pradhan's dialogs would also have also been so much more impactful for me if the execution of the screenplay had his character look at Priya while recalling her childhood.
  • Back at the Jhaakars, Aditya sees Gaurav sitting outside while, at the same time, Chinu finds Priya unable to sleep. Brahmanand on the other hand is also restlessly awake hoping that the next day's activities goes according to his plan. I liked the parallel sibling conversations highlighting the excitement and nervousness that Priya and Aditya are feeling prior to their marriage. Aditya's emotions were also a nice contrast to Gaurav's state of mind and marriage.
  • The morning dawns with Aditya's haldi ceremony and everybody in the Jhaakar house participating with full gusto! Per tradition, Uttara and Imli also deliver the haldi for Priya's ceremony. This entire sequence in both households was a delight to watch. I particularly loved Mr. Pradhan quietly bless Priya as both their eyes teared up and her impending departure...so much said without any words at all! Star Similarly, I liked that the screenplay showed the remnant discomfort between Vidya & Gaurav even while in the midst of all the commotion around them.
  • As Vidya is getting ready for the wedding in the bedroom, Gaurav apologizes for staying away the night before and confesses that he was kept awake too by thoughts of  their marriage. But an upset Vidya leaves before hearing Gaurav ask her not expect anything more than friendship from their marriage. While I liked this conversation, I am tired of this track being dragged out this long. I hope this gathers some very rapid momentum soon!
  • Episode closed with Priya getting ready for the wedding.
Overall: Good episode. Its a 3.5 from me today! I loved the detailing of the wedding rituals and the overall screenplay but that single unspoken moment between Priya & her father left a lump in my throat! Star

Edited by darlunia - 24 January 2011 at 1:32pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedRadiantTreasureBingeSky23anshraMillerrr88.Manal.KriYaansh...

nbosted Groupbie
nbosted
nbosted

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
First impressions of today's show:  10 points to Vidya.  As always loved the scenes between Priya and her dad. 

Some thoughts I had over the weekend.  (When I should have been doing other things):  Abuse is a never ending cycle.  Gaurav has seen how his father treats his wife and sees nothing wrong with treating his wife the same way. 

Same with Devyani.  She is being emotionally abusive towards Vidya to save herself.  And using good old "mom guilt" on Gaurav.

Until someone or something stops the abuse it will continue to the next generation. 

In Gaurav's own way he is abusing Vidya.  It's more of an emotional abuse.  She is being made to feel undesirable.  Good for her for giving him a taste of his own medicine today.  She has realized that she wants a relationship like Priya and Aditya's and she stood up for herself today. I am impressed that the writers did this.  Should be interesting to see how Gaurav reacts.  He is already feeling guilt.  As we have seen by his blaming everyone else for his actions.  Next he will either have to tell the truth or give into his mother's demands and give her a grandchild.  And as in all cultures the oldest child or first married should have a baby first. 

Naomi

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-miahumna77RadiantTreasureBingeSky23BheegiBasantiiqbalsloveranshraMillerrr88KriYaansh....Manal.

Sky23 IF-Rockerz
Sky23
Sky23

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Marking this thread for later..

nbostedBheegiBasanti.Manal.

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
 Hey Naomi...Hug

Some thoughts I had over the weekend.  (When I should have been doing other things):  Abuse is a never ending cycle.  Gaurav has seen how his father treats his wife and sees nothing wrong with treating his wife the same way.

So true! The same Gaurav who, like Babuji, hates Brahmamand for what he does to Devyani is a coward about his own feelings. The empathy he feels for his mother does not stop him from destroying another woman's life.

Devyani...her abuse at SasurPig's hands has made her so protective of the glass house she lives in that she manipulates her own children to keep up appearances!

In Gaurav's own way he is abusing Vidya.  It's more of an emotional abuse.  She is being made to feel undesirable.  Good for her for giving him a taste of his own medicine today.  She has realized that she wants a relationship like Priya and Aditya's and she stood up for herself today. I am impressed that the writers did this.  Should be interesting to see how Gaurav reacts.  He is already feeling guilt.  As we have seen by his blaming everyone else for his actions.  Next he will either have to tell the truth or give into his mother's demands and give her a grandchild.  And as in all cultures the oldest child or first married should have a baby first.

I don't feel like Gaurav is abusing Vidya yet but I find his character very selfish and weak. I do agree completely that his behavior is making Vidya feel undesirable...especially when she sees the effect Priya has on Aditya. I also liked that the writers had her character walk away and expect that it is going to add to Gaurav's guilt.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedRadiantTreasureBingeSky23Millerrr88.Manal.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index