Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

3Idiots-Will Maan bite into the Forbidden fruit?? (Page 33)

--Nargis-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nargis--
--Nargis--

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged

--Nargis-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nargis--
--Nargis--

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -RushTrip-

Originally posted by lovetheserial

Hey pals,Tongue 

When I viewed the apple episode, it just gave me an instant satisfaction of knowing the play of the game of love.  Annie is trendy and  modern means are her ends - eg. even her sexual encounter was fast food or a quickie bite, so typical of times today, where old values are ruined and morals are at sea.  Geet and Maan believed in the traditions of the day and sanctity of marriage.  Therefore every thing followed to detail and perfection.

HeartThe legend of the apple is an old symbolic inference to love and marriage.  In Belgium, people danced around the 'apple tree' which was a symbol of temptation (perhaps from the Christian lore) and their wild dancing and wantonness led most often to courting and marriage.

A Finnish proverb says that "Love is a flower which turns into fruit at marriage".  The apple is a symbol of ecstasy, fertility, abundance as well as love. In early Greek history, apple figured in courtship, as well as rites and customs of marriage.  A happy couple in the seventh century BC, would share the apple as their symbol of marrige and of a fruitful union.

In China apple stands for peace and its blossom for adoration.  Greek mythology is full of stories of apple as a symbol of passion and love.

When I saw the scene, I just felt Annie was just an instrument in getting them come closer to acting out their passion and love. 

Though Geet took it as a challenge to win, Maan allowed peace to take over and subjected himself completely to her victory.  He was definitely in adoration of her.

ConfusedWith regard to an impending doom to come, which would translate into Geet being a driving force to save Maan from sinking into the abyss (refering to a supposition by Vij Rickks' in her post "Apple and its symbolism...."), I would totally agree, for the fact that it has always been either a time for Maan to save Geet or vice versa and has happened a number of times.  The monotony of it all is downplayed because of the brilliance of their acting and an undertone of passion and love in every moment of theirs. 

Thumbs UpA miscarriage or an abortion has been toyed around by the CVs, for some time now, and as spectators who have loved Geet and the baby, we by now need to allow another perspective to that idea, and allow a stunningly beautiful account of lifes's distorted perceptions, of reason that blinds, of hate that liberates and of love that strangles.  We need to expect and demand greater meaning to that storyline. 

Cheers.

hey

love the way you bring out the meaning of apple and its symbolism in various cultures..and also i am so in favor of your last two sentences. i think you have perception that is near to mine and the best is in RED. i think it says what the future plot line should be and i agree it should bring in another dimension..just the way promo said there is more life than just love, getting married....ab aur kya?

i think the aur kya is new set of struggles that will not just test their love for each other but also measure how much their strength is in light of adversity and though they have faced many till now going forward there will be internalised adversities that of may be ideologies, priorities or even choice?

life is not a bed of roses nor everything is just love and laughter... pain has many manifestations and each person deals with it differently... and that is what will add another dimension, more depth to the story their story...

when i say pain it does not mean physical but pain of losing a child, pain of guilt, pain of choice...
there are emotions that needs to be explored, that needs to be portrayed..but yes..with this the romance should not be lost else it will become a tragic story..the idea is to portray pain as being instrumental in bringing new understanding between couple... renewed faith in each other their love, whether it is fighting together for company, annie or their lost child... that is the premise that the next plot would be or should be!!

sorry i have rambled!!

Hi Ladies....I love both of your takes.  I want to just add that Life is not about the extremes always...its in the everyday too...the routine, the daily actions, and decisions we are faced with.,   This miscarriage and abortion will open a scope to see this couple grow in their daily routine, in their acceptance of each others quirks and habits, and it will give a close view of how grief is handled by both.   The real meat of the RELATIONSHIP is in the daily grind....its not lovey dovey all the time.
Silentsoul IF-Sizzlerz
Silentsoul
Silentsoul

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Hey pals,Tongue 

When I viewed the apple episode, it just gave me an instant satisfaction of knowing the play of the game of love.  Annie is trendy and  modern means are her ends - eg. even her sexual encounter was fast food or a quickie bite, so typical of times today, where old values are ruined and morals are at sea.  Geet and Maan believed in the traditions of the day and sanctity of marriage.  Therefore every thing followed to detail and perfection.

HeartThe legend of the apple is an old symbolic inference to love and marriage.  In Belgium, people danced around the 'apple tree' which was a symbol of temptation (perhaps from the Christian lore) and their wild dancing and wantonness led most often to courting and marriage.

A Finnish proverb says that "Love is a flower which turns into fruit at marriage".  The apple is a symbol of ecstasy, fertility, abundance as well as love. In early Greek history, apple figured in courtship, as well as rites and customs of marriage.  A happy couple in the seventh century BC, would share the apple as their symbol of marrige and of a fruitful union.

In China apple stands for peace and its blossom for adoration.  Greek mythology is full of stories of apple as a symbol of passion and love.

When I saw the scene, I just felt Annie was just an instrument in getting them come closer to acting out their passion and love. 

Though Geet took it as a challenge to win, Maan allowed peace to take over and subjected himself completely to her victory.  He was definitely in adoration of her.

ConfusedWith regard to an impending doom to come, which would translate into Geet being a driving force to save Maan from sinking into the abyss (refering to a supposition by Vij Rickks' in her post "Apple and its symbolism...."), I would totally agree, for the fact that it has always been either a time for Maan to save Geet or vice versa and has happened a number of times.  The monotony of it all is downplayed because of the brilliance of their acting and an undertone of passion and love in every moment of theirs. 

Thumbs UpA miscarriage or an abortion has been toyed around by the CVs, for some time now, and as spectators who have loved Geet and the baby, we by now need to allow another perspective to that idea, and allow a stunningly beautiful account of lifes's distorted perceptions, of reason that blinds, of hate that liberates and of love that strangles.  We need to expect and demand greater meaning to that storyline. 

Cheers.

I reaaly like this apple symbolism...aaple definately symbolises of union and Geet taking frist bite could refer to her taking initiative in future union too.......I can see things that way......

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Nargis--

Kkadss Goldie
Kkadss
Kkadss

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Nargis--

Originally posted by -RushTrip-

Hey pals,Tongue 

Cheers.

hey

love the way you bring out the meaning of apple and its symbolism in various cultures..and also i am so in favor of your last two sentences. i think you have perception that is near to mine and the best is in RED. i think it says what the future plot line should be and i agree it should bring in another dimension..just the way promo said there is more life than just love, getting married....ab aur kya?

i think the aur kya is new set of struggles that will not just test their love for each other but also measure how much their strength is in light of adversity and though they have faced many till now going forward there will be internalised adversities that of may be ideologies, priorities or even choice?

life is not a bed of roses nor everything is just love and laughter... pain has many manifestations and each person deals with it differently... and that is what will add another dimension, more depth to the story their story...

when i say pain it does not mean physical but pain of losing a child, pain of guilt, pain of choice...
there are emotions that needs to be explored, that needs to be portrayed..but yes..with this the romance should not be lost else it will become a tragic story..the idea is to portray pain as being instrumental in bringing new understanding between couple... renewed faith in each other their love, whether it is fighting together for company, annie or their lost child... that is the premise that the next plot would be or should be!!

sorry i have rambled!!

Hi Ladies....I love both of your takes.  I want to just add that Life is not about the extremes always...its in the everyday too...the routine, the daily actions, and decisions we are faced with.,   This miscarriage and abortion will open a scope to see this couple grow in their daily routine, in their acceptance of each others quirks and habits, and it will give a close view of how grief is handled by both.   The real meat of the RELATIONSHIP is in the daily grind....its not lovey dovey all the time.

Yo Ladies!!!
I liked all 3 of your takes!!!Embarrassed

Well said & well explained!!!

--Nargis--

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged

Hey pals,Tongue 

Cheers.

Wow wonderful...You have written very beautifullyClapClap....First you have wrote the theories of various culture, then you have gave your symbolism....Loved it and somehow understood as well......

Thanks for the PM once again.....

Muniza

Edited by muniza75 - 25 January 2011 at 8:47am

--Nargis--

Go to top