Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: make-believe

You know, if they wanted to have her make an impact through bhaashans, it could actually have turned out to be much more striking and believable because Nakku does have that way with her simplistic words, woh baatein 'jo badal deti hain' while seeming so basic yet being deep. Even the dialogues in today's scene...the way those people got convinced...it wasn't right. It could have been made a tag-team effort between Nakku and Baaji...Baaji controls and gets them to listen, convinces them...and Nakku delivers the punch with her belief and faith, by asking for their trust and support...some deep, heartfelt writing here could have instilled the faith in not only the mob, but even the viewers and Nakku/Baaji themselves...it could have been a moment of immense trust and belief actually...it didn't end up being one because of the half-baked, unconvincing scenario and writing though :(

It's sad, Fatty....that basically they've cemented the belief that Baaji is just supposed to be a sidekick....first to Dutta and now to Nakku....does he not have ANY identity and power himself as being Dutta's foremost lieutenant? Do the ppl of Patilwaadi have no respect or regard for Baaji? Only NAKKU the great can get through to them with her supposedly magically powerful aura? WHY does Baaji just stand aside and WATCH Nakku like some kind of blind bhakt? He's HANDING her guns and just sitting there watching her meekly?....he's expecting THAT tiny woman to stop riots! Amazing! And we are supposed to shut our brains and just swallow this....amazing artistic liberty....even by LTL standardsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....Basically with Dutta's supposed "death", Baaji has been relegated to being NAKKU'S subordinate when in fact it should have been both of them AT PAR as equals trying to talk to everyone and get through to them....maybe it is my misinterpretation of Baaji's character then that I expected more from him.....basically what they are showing us is that even Nakku has more balls than BaajiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well I watched the episode and 3 things got me worked up:
a) Dutta's frustration at no one picking up- man I felt for him! He just wants to get the message across to Naku thats he's alive but there's so much hungama going on πŸ˜”
b) Kala's declaration to AS that Dutta died in a car accident- I hate her character so much! To rub salt in the wounds, she puts the whole blame on Naku for keeping mum!
c) Baji's lack of dialogues and his dumbing down- he was supposed to show everyone - particularly Suds- the true meaning of 'the right hand man.' As Dutta's friend, I am not liking the fact that is being conveyed as a follower, just abiding by Naku's orders. His role it seems is that of the messenger. There is so much more. Yes I agree with Make Believe that it should be a partnership thing.

The whole thing with Naku becoming Dutta I am a little confuzzled about. Ok, we got to look at the fundamentals here. The chaos created by that 1 news was truly mad! Based on that she has no choice but to don his look and demeanour ish. It's hard to digest, even I was sort of feeling a little blah about it while watching the dressing up scene. She knows it's not her place to be doing things like that but the fb of Dutta reminding her of making sure the people  don't experience a lack of things, just made her take the step. She also says that without him she has no astitva. So lets just go along with it, it won't be a permanent thing- she's a temp Dutta guys!

When she first pulled out the gun, I was like πŸ˜², but stomached that too! I did not like the fact she slapped that guy but the revelation of him being paid me think. She has to ensure that there is peace instilled in the village. Things were majorly out of control before her entry! Well done Naku for slapping him! Kudiyon ka ha zamana! But please dear, no more gun uthaying when D is back!

Naku although exteriorly very calm, naive and meek like, has always been a strong woman inside. We have seen that she has been there trying to sniff the culprit out in a few tracks. She is also Babi's daughter lol! So persoanlly, average episode but at least it's out of the way. Looking forward to better things!
Crystal29 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Well saidπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  Nakku is Nakku and Dutta is Dutta....they both have their own unique qualities that make them special and it should stay that way....I really don't see the need for Nakku to go about being "mini-Dutta" for whatever reason....doesn't cut it with me either.....Nakku has so much strength in her character by herself....why doesn't she use THAT instead if she is oh so interested in giving bhaashans to the villagers? Chalo maybeeeeee I'll even digest her putting on Dutta's vest....but for god's sake his GUN??!!!πŸ˜• Keep Nakku AWAY from guns, man....JUST doesn't work!πŸ˜†

I like Nakku being a strong person. But my issue with Nakku and guns and the whole village scenes is that I am not convinced with what I see on screen...

When I see Dutta-Nakku together, the beauty there that captures me is that such a dark, majestic and deep person can be won over by a simple, strong-minded girl. I love it that Nakku is so short and Dutta is taller. Don't take me wrong here. It has nothing to do with man being powerful than woman. It is so amazing to me to see that Nakku has that power in her to make Dutta go weak heart and soul. 

I like Nakku standing against Kala...challenging her...that is different. yes, she did beat up Supriya..even Babi did that. They are strong women who can stand for their own when someone attacks them or if they face evil.  But if we see, Nakku did not do anything against Kala, she just was being herself and trusted on God and her love. That is Nakku. 

She wants to handle the village ppl and stop the riots....ok..that is good. I understand the thought/message behind it.  But somehow when I see it on screen, I am not convinced.  No idea what it is. Maybe because I am not used to seeing Nakku like that or I cannot accept seeing Nakku like that.  Also the fact that Baaji just walks behind her does not gel with me.

The one thing I look forward to after this is that Dutta will be proud of her for being so strong and holding his fort when required. 

neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am really liking the arguments put foward here! Nureat, make believe, cruytal and droopy, awesome points! Ahh, I just liked all your posts! Don't fret guys, I know it's really weird seeing Naku like that but it's the Cvs fault.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It's sad, Fatty....that basically they've cemented the belief that Baaji is just supposed to be a sidekick....first to Dutta and now to Nakku....does he not have ANY identity and power himself as being Dutta's foremost lieutenant? Do the ppl of Patilwaadi have no respect or regard for Baaji? Only NAKKU the great can get through to them with her supposedly magically powerful aura? WHY does Baaji just stand aside and WATCH Nakku like some kind of blind bhakt? He's HANDING her guns and just sitting there watching her meekly?....he's expecting THAT tiny woman to stop riots! Amazing! And we are supposed to shut our brains and just swallow this....amazing artistic liberty....even by LTL standardsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....Basically with Dutta's supposed "death", Baaji has been relegated to being NAKKU'S subordinate when in fact it should have been both of them AT PAR as equals trying to talk to everyone and get through to them....maybe it is my misinterpretation of Baaji's character then that I expected more from him.....basically what they are showing us is that even Nakku has more balls than BaajiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Word. I think Baaji himself has started to believe that Nakku's sherni-ness extends to physical powers too...these are all after-effects of his awe before jashn-e-mohabbat πŸ˜†...He steps aside and into the background without a single word or action almost as if he feels that Nakku needs no aid to control any situation...he has so much experience here specifically, and the least he can do is offer support and be in tandem with her if not more...is it asking for too much? Especially from those who love LTL just as much for DuJi as for DN? 

Writer log, be nice to VR and Baaji please :bigcry:

EDIT: 

Originally posted by: crystal_29

Don't take me wrong here. It has nothing to do with man being powerful than woman. It is so amazing to me to see that Nakku has that power in her to make Dutta go weak heart and soul.

That is so beautiful, Crystal 😊
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

I like Nakku being a strong person. But my issue with Nakku and guns and the whole village scenes is that I am not convinced with what I see on screen...

When I see Dutta-Nakku together, the beauty there that captures me is that such a dark, majestic and deep person can be won over by a simple, strong-minded girl. I love it that Nakku is so short and Dutta is taller. Don't take me wrong here. It has nothing to do with man being powerful than woman. It is so amazing to me to see that Nakku has that power in her to make Dutta go weak heart and soul. 

I like Nakku standing against Kala...challenging her...that is different. yes, she did beat up Supriya..even Babi did that. They are strong women who can stand for their own when someone attacks them or if they face evil.  But if we see, Nakku did not do anything against Kala, she just was being herself and trusted on God and her love. That is Nakku. 

She wants to handle the village ppl and stop the riots....ok..that is good. I understand the thought/message behind it.  But somehow when I see it on screen, I am not convinced.  No idea what it is. Maybe because I am not used to seeing Nakku like that or I cannot accept seeing Nakku like that.  Also the fact that Baaji just walks behind her does not gel with me.

The one thing I look forward to after this is that Dutta will be proud of her for being so strong and holding his fort when required. 

Beautifully said, Crystal! Especially the bits in boldπŸ‘....I totally agree.....Nakku's strength is all in her unwavering faith and the wisdom she has.....we all affectionately like calling her a sherni and she is, many times....but even in that sherni-ness she is SO Nakku.....characteristics very unique to her like you pointed out in that example of her confrontations with Kala.....I adore sherni Nakku but honestly "mini Dutta/don Nakku" is too much to expect me to swallow....they may be trying to go for some kind of "symbolism" on paper here but the execution fails....MV/Nakku DO NOT have the aura/power of Dutta/MR....PLEASE don't try to FORCE that in.

All said and done....I'm also looking forward more to seeing Dutta's reactions and probably feeling proud of her....
-sourire- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: make-believe

I hope, I really do...these scenes with Nakku acting so and thus being able to control the mob as a result are stretching the limit to which there can be suspension of disbelief (in my opinion)...maybe they are taking this route to show Nakku doing something aggressively while Dutta is away and it's just for this little period of time...God, I hope it's only for this little period of time...I will take anything over this, yes, even Nakku hounding the temples and rotating around trees.

Which reminds me...oooooooooo, Nakku is in trouble πŸ˜› Bahar toh she was giving bhav to people, lekin ghar aake AS is going to do her besti-proof πŸ˜† If it leads up to the phone call after she is completely sad and depressed, it'll be the sweetest surprise for her (:

Hahaa...."hounding the temples and rotating around trees" πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I was thinking this new avatar of N and the going about to villages to calm the people could be cuz when D comes to know about how she has handled his PW in his absence then his respect for her will be like 10 times more cuz he himself said once "main himmat vaalon kee kadar karta hoon".....may be I am just overthinking  .....but yes phone call scene would be a nice way to finish off the week and begin the next phase of story ...... return and reunion of TaSha
droopy_asleep thumbnail

All said and done....I'm also looking forward more to seeing Dutta's reactions and probably feeling proud of her....

Thats exactly what I am waiting for also. And knowing how awesome MR is with expressions, his eyes are going to do all the talking :)
ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yah, leaving Baaji behind and ignoring him made me apprehensive too.. not at all acceptable.. they would have shown him taking control and kept naku handling those ppl verbally ... that would have been better... but what they showed tonight was understandable as well.. See there is no intention of making her A Don ... yah it doesn't suit nakusha .. but that is not the issue here, Nakusha is nakusha and will remain that way forever! but in His Absence She is Trying to handle things the way he does! the way he sees his ppl! i found that more affecting and meaningful rather then her handling the crowd in her Way.. so what if she looked Stupid while holding a Gun?  her intention is what Stood out for me...  she took his "gun" not to protect herself or to Point it on others, but because he used to keep it close to him... I was watching some initial episodes where his obsession with guns was widely focussed ... thats why she took it with her .. feeling him Close to her.. :-).... so to me it was justified in terms of character and situation .... it would have been perfect though if Baaji had got some pivotal role to do in this scene instead of just being a Follower.. 

Crystal29 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SAraW

.. so what if she looked Stupid while holding a Gun?  her intention is what Stood out for me...  she took his "gun" not to protect herself or to Point it on others, but because he used to keep it close to him... I was watching some initial episodes where his obsession with guns was widely focussed ... thats why she took it with her .. feeling him Close to her.. :-).... so to me it was justified in terms of character and situation .... it would have been perfect though if Baaji had got some pivotal role to do in this scene instead of just being a Follower.. 

Sara..I have nothing against her going to handle the situation..I was convinced of that when she spoke to Dutta's photo in their room where she asked for strength. She needed to face them..And when she took his coat and gun out of the cupboard thus feeling close to him and taking strength from that was awesome too...

There are 2 things that I personally did not like in the scenes today. One is as you said Baaji was just following her and she was handling the whole crowd.... He could have at least walked with her. Second, when she held the gun to a person's forehead...