Epi Discussion Thread |24th Jan - 28th Jan| LU Pg 127 - Page 93

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by westboat

It seems this show is slowly shifting to only woman protogonist show. Dutta is gonna be with show only upto FEB end(as he himself admitted that producers asked him to extend his contract for JAN and FEB... I read this in article where he recd award.. if any other official news came in about his continuation even after FEB then I would like to know where it is?). It seems he ll only live his last breath with nakusha (physical meet.. looking at kind of speed with which dey are goin), telling her not to be sad if she wants dutta's soul to have peace. Seems that Naku will have only oral meet with dutta over phone otherwise just to know he is alive.

Todays epi was big boar...Being don doesnt suit nakusha, but yet it was ok .. not that unconvincing as she is only trying keep dutta alive in the mind of villagers.  And being dutta's wife only she could have that power. I remeber kishor's word "Pati ke saare adhure kaam patni poora karati hai". Yep but wearing dutta's kurta and gun stuff looked comedy.πŸ˜†

I know all of this very negative and dis-heartening. Not that I am liking it. Its being about 3 months dey are showing only sad things, no happiness at all.

Hello WB .............First of all welcome to LTL and IF ...........

U seem to be new to IF  and LTL forum, so u might not be aware of the petition we had for Keeping Mishal on the show. These articles that you are quoting came before he decided to stay back. So please do not dishearten urself with all the negative thoughts and please do not create anymore havoc with such thoughts at this forum. I know ur very sad because of the thought of Dutta leaving the show, but believe me nothing of that sort is happening . He will stay past feb. Donot allow such thoughts take over u so that u miss out the beauty of present situation in the show. Enjoy it as it comes and do not worry abt what will happen after feb or so.  Nothing is gonna happen to Dutta.  The scenes are to create drama, lines ur quoting are to keep the suspence intact.   We had enuf of an uproar abt Dutta leaving, now that its sorted out we would like to keep it out of our minds and enjoy the show as it is.

All u want to is an article than here it is "Meanwhile, Mishal has sorted out all his issues with our team, they had a long meeting with him and he has decided to continue with the show. We did take a few auditions with various actors to introduce a new character in the show. But now if Mishal stays back then we will not bring in another lead in the show at this point of time, because the focus of the story is expected to remain on Datta and Naku." .........posted in a rival site, so cant give u link. Send me PM I will get the link for u ..........

Hope u understand, keep Mishal leaving show rumor out of the forum and enjoy chatting with us abt the show .......... 😊
Edited by Anu-Reddy - 13 years ago
Originally posted by LuvPremeer4ever

Finally...someone defends D's Nakku 😊
I thought I was the only crazy one who kinda enjoyed some bits and pieces of Nakku's new avatar. I really liked D's flashbacks for sure 😳 😳 .... maybe there is a reason behind this Dongiri of Nakku and her stepping into D's shoes for some time.....I know we as an audience have really high expectations from LTL but I guess we just have to wait it out and see how the story progresses (there is a positive reason behind everything imo)....I am sure our patience will pay off .....and as far as the phone call is concerned this is my prediction...Nakku comes home, AS yells at her....Kala tonts her some more and Nakku remembers about the village dange and she feels helpless and goes to D's room for strength and then as Khushi predicted....BANG - the phone call @ night in private πŸ˜‰

Yes, there is a reason for sure. I like to see strong female protagonists, and to me this is a representation of how much of Dutta she has in her. How much of his influence has rubbed on her, to the extent that she is willing to go that "Don" extent to prove her faith. At the same time, they continue showing that she is also the god fearing pativrata, that she always has been.
Her groW*H has been as nice to see as Dutta's so I am not going to complain.
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

I completely agree with you Rosa. In fact as much as I love to watch Dutta, I like to watch so much of Dutta in Naku too, that is how much he has affected her and is within her. I would like to interpret these scenes with that thought in mind.

Agree with You both! Its Nakusha's story also.. and being a Gangster;'s wife her Reaction was Natural, she was Calming them down and has to make sure that there is no riot in his absence in his name :-) 

And it has nothing to do with Naku doing all dongiri.. 
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

Yes, there is a reason for sure. I like to see strong female protagonists, and to me this is a representation of how much of Dutta she has in her. How much of his influence has rubbed on her, to the extent that she is willing to go that "Don" extent to prove her faith. At the same time, they continue showing that she is also the god fearing pativrata, that she always has been.
Her groW*H has been as nice to see as Dutta's so I am not going to complain.

Yeah true...I know as an audience we know that Nakku's character has this innocence in her and the way she wins her battles with kala with her faith and love towards D.....but I always felt that the CV's have also showed the "powerful woman" side of Nakku as well when need be.....

[physically]...... the scene where she is having a cat fight with Supriya πŸ˜† πŸ˜† thinking she was there to harm Dutta and then Nakku and Babi attacking Suds πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ˜†  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†......even though these scenes had a humorous feel to them, the creatives still got the idea of Nakku being a powerful woman across in a light-hearted way

[mentally]..... the scene where Nakku goes to bring Dutta back after he finds out about his father, the way she tells him on his face with the powerful attitude (totally loved that scene) and also the Mangalsutra return scene (loved the anger and attitude she had)......but now they have shown this "powerful woman" avatar in a more serious fashion.....i guess that's why some of us may not be liking it are not able to click with it........I think it's just a temp. thing to build on to a better storyline hopefully (fingers crossed)....trying to stay positive  😊
Edited by LuvPremeer4ever - 13 years ago
What in the world is wrong with those villagers? Why are they destroying their own habitat and businesses because Dutta is apparently dead? But I guess it's not called mob mentality for nothing...disgusting behaviour. Did anyone else see that random yellow doodh-wala standing in the middle of the road while everyone else was phela-ing aafaat? πŸ€£

The tie-in of flashbacks between Dutta and Nakku when she's at the cupboard was really nice...I miss seeing him like that. It would have been perfectly great if she was shown to be remembering him, feeling him through his relics, taking strength from them...which was powerful really. They could have (and should have) done without her putting them on her own person and using them though...Nakku has enough eminence on her own and through the weight of her words and honesty (which are her biggest strengths) that she should be able to make the mob 'see' without trying to take Dutta's 'bhaes'...Nakku is Nakku and she is Nakku because she's not Dutta. To become his wife in the most deserving form, she does not need to become little Dutta and she does not need people to see her that way either. In this situation specifically because there was so much tod-phod going on, it would have been much, much better if Baaji had assumed a leadership position and handled the situation along with his men by shutting the people down with a dhansu speech and physical force if required. Baaji standing mum while Neta Nakku handles the praja...not flying with me. MV acted much better today than in her previous village scenes though...in individual and close-up shots she was still able to sell this scene to some extent, but on the bigger scale, between all those grungy and violent men, who were infuriated and had apparently been ready to jump down Vahini's throat for lying to them, the situation just became unbelievable. And the way they got convinced at the end and all their ire died away with Nakku's voice echoing...right.

MR nailed it with the blindness today...the manner in which he stumbled and his eyes were widened in misdirection...spot-on! "Nakku ke paas shayad phone bhi nahi hai." You THINK, Dutta!? πŸ˜† I love how he was yelling and getting angry over the phone too, hilarious πŸ€£ Oh, this man...πŸ˜›

Precap...Nakku, tell Baaji already...there is no reason why you should be keeping him in the dark of all people. He has helped you and you know you can confide in him...he deserves to know who is doing this because obviously the thought of 'this enemy' is playing on his mind and the least you can do is answer that for him...but will she or won't she? What will stop her?
Originally posted by make-believe

They could have (and should have) done without her putting them on her own person and using them though...Nakku has enough eminence on her own and through the weight of her words and honesty (which are her biggest strengths) that she should be able to make the mob 'see' without trying to take Dutta's 'bhaes'...Nakku is Nakku and she is Nakku because she's not Dutta. To become his wife in the most deserving form, she does not need to become little Dutta and she does not need people to see her that way either.

Well saidπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  Nakku is Nakku and Dutta is Dutta....they both have their own unique qualities that make them special and it should stay that way....I really don't see the need for Nakku to go about being "mini-Dutta" for whatever reason....doesn't cut it with me either.....Nakku has so much strength in her character by herself....why doesn't she use THAT instead if she is oh so interested in giving bhaashans to the villagers? Chalo maybeeeeee I'll even digest her putting on Dutta's vest....but for god's sake his GUN??!!!πŸ˜• Keep Nakku AWAY from guns, man....JUST doesn't work!πŸ˜†
Originally posted by LuvPremeer4ever

Finally...someone defends D's Nakku 😊
I thought I was the only crazy one who kinda enjoyed some bits and pieces of Nakku's new avatar. I really liked D's flashbacks for sure 😳 😳 .... maybe there is a reason behind this Dongiri of Nakku and her stepping into D's shoes for some time.....I know we as an audience have really high expectations from LTL but I guess we just have to wait it out and see how the story progresses (there is a positive reason behind everything imo)....I am sure our patience will pay off .....and as far as the phone call is concerned this is my prediction...Nakku comes home, AS yells at her....Kala tonts her some more and Nakku remembers about the village dange and she feels helpless and goes to D's room for strength and then as Khushi predicted....BANG - the phone call @ night in private πŸ˜‰

I hope, I really do...these scenes with Nakku acting so and thus being able to control the mob as a result are stretching the limit to which there can be suspension of disbelief (in my opinion)...maybe they are taking this route to show Nakku doing something aggressively while Dutta is away and it's just for this little period of time...God, I hope it's only for this little period of time...I will take anything over this, yes, even Nakku hounding the temples and rotating around trees.

Which reminds me...oooooooooo, Nakku is in trouble πŸ˜› Bahar toh she was giving bhav to people, lekin ghar aake AS is going to do her besti-proof πŸ˜† If it leads up to the phone call after she is completely sad and depressed, it'll be the sweetest surprise for her (:
Originally posted by nureat01

Well saidπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  Nakku is Nakku and Dutta is Dutta....they both have their own unique qualities that make them special and it should stay that way....I really don't see the need for Nakku to go about being "mini-Dutta" for whatever reason....doesn't cut it with me either.....Nakku has so much strength in her character by herself....why doesn't she use THAT instead if she is oh so interested in giving bhaashans to the villagers? Chalo maybeeeeee I'll even digest her putting on Dutta's vest....but for god's sake his GUN??!!!πŸ˜• Keep Nakku AWAY from guns, man....JUST doesn't work!πŸ˜†

I just say, we agree to disagree here. Naku was never shown to be meek in any way, she is very strong, and is still the only person who can stand up to Dutta himself (not Baaji, not AS even). So if she can stand up to Dutta, she can do anything to shut these people up. And to defend her actions a little more, she also does say, that she is nothing with Dutta, she is doing this only because she has his support and her existence without him is nothing. As for the gun, Dutta himself taught her,pushed her into weilding one at a time when she didnt want to - hell she even hit her hands against the wall bleeding because she held a gun and shot with it - so in this case when she has so much against her, villagers believing her hubby is dead, she has every reason to weild it, and she did it well.
Originally posted by nureat01

You know, if they wanted to have her make an impact through bhaashans, it could actually have turned out to be much more striking and believable because Nakku does have that way with her simplistic words, woh baatein 'jo badal deti hain' while seeming so basic yet being deep. Even the dialogues in today's scene...the way those people got convinced...it wasn't right. It could have been made a tag-team effort between Nakku and Baaji...Baaji controls and gets them to listen, convinces them...and Nakku delivers the punch with her belief and faith, by asking for their trust and support...some deep, heartfelt writing here could have instilled the faith in not only the mob, but even the viewers and Nakku/Baaji themselves...it could have been a moment of immense trust and belief actually...it didn't end up being one because of the half-baked, unconvincing scenario and writing though :(

EDIT: droopy_asleep, we'll agree to disagree πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š But just for the sake of discussion on the Nakku being meek bit...I don't think that's the point because we'll all agree on her being amazingly assertive upon requirement...but she has a different kind of strength, you know? She can do anything for Dutta, and like Roopa said before, we know that, we've seen that...but there are different ways of showing this, ways in which they can play up her strengths rather than putting her in a mould that seems off and uncomfortable...MV is trying her best with the material she has been given IMO, but there are other limitations beyond her control which don't quite make this seem natural for her and the character...

Maybe they are trying to give a new 'transformation' of sorts to the character but aren't doing convincing enough a job for some of us to buy into and let go of that previous image...I guess I just want Nakku to be Nakku...not for her to turn into someone else and be hollow at that...
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
AS...I don't understand this woman....really...She came to know that her son is dead and all she does is get mad at Nakku for hiding it from her...Will that be the first reaction of any mother who comes to know that her son is dead? Or is she screaming for Nakku so that she can come again and tell her that Dutta is alive?? There better be some other reason...

I hope Nakku handles AS and Kala the same way she handled the villagers...πŸ˜† Especially Kala,  Nakku...just shoot her with the gun you have...πŸ‘πŸΌWith AS - walk away from her just the way Dutta does when someone talks stuff that he doesn't like.

I liked the scene where Nakku was in the room talking to Dutta's pictures and then taking out his coat, gun etc...the way the scenes and FBs were built came out very cute. 

Still waiting for the phone conversation...if it is going to be in the night with just Dutta-Nakku alone and no one else around...even better.....😍