Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kadduu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: -Fizzylicious-

hmm maybe by unpad they meant not formally educated as in went to school or stuff

actually unpad is usually used for someone who cannot read and write and has nothing to do with formal education as such i think...so when she said unpad i thought she means she cannot read\write.

its not so easy for the poor and basti dwelling people in india to learn something as simple as to read and write unfortunately.  and that itself is considered a big deal more than the formal education. in fact most of  have no formal education or very basic education. and to make things worse this is more applicable to girls... most people are more reluctant to send girls to school...

like shreya's post ... yaa nakku might have learned to read\write informally in her mother tongue. 
Edited by -priya - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: make-believe

Sweet Lord, I think I am seriously loosing the plot πŸ˜† *time to go to Dutta's doctor* πŸ˜†...no one seems to be liking the PN scenes and what's happening there but I actually thought they did a good job of keeping it from being melodramatic and boring today...the acting was good from all parties involved, the characters weren't annoying (even AS doing pooja wasn't over-done, no jagdambe-ing! πŸ˜†)...Nakku was fine too, she dealt with the situation without any hysterics or extraneous displays of strength...the scene didn't fall flat, short or feel awkward in any of the parts, which I found was happening with many MV/VR scenes in the last few weeks...as for why Kala is doing this, hmm...I know what you mean...her tricks don't have that snaz in them anymore, they aren't surprising or out-of-the-box...this newspaper wala bit was probably employed I think, because firstly they have to show Kala 'doing' something at the very least...she was out of action for a few days and we all noticed that...and at the PN front of things, they can't have her suddenly just sit hand on hand keeping in mind that she is still desperate in trying to prove Dutta's death and give 'culmination' to the plot she cooked up...and I doubt they want her to make a great, explosive blow for a plan at this particular point in time either, so yehi chindi newspaper wala pakad liya πŸ˜† Secondly, this newspaper thing was probably also put in play to facilitate Dutta's search for the phone and thus the call home...it isn't the greatest of devices, and I honestly thought it was going to be quite dreadfully shown after seeing yesterday's precap but their execution today wasn't bad at all...

But the other possibility is obviously that I've gone crazy πŸ˜† Maybe my perimeters to stand AS/Nakku scenes and other general PN-happenings have extended after that one horrible week with Nakku/villagers/mandir only...maybe everything and anything will seem better now πŸ˜† Man, that was truly the lows of the lows...

LOL @ you imagining Madhno playing in your head if they don't πŸ˜† Aww :P They might play Jana Jogi De Naal otherwise...or just the routine dhoom-tana if they want to make it dramatic. Or DN's happpppy wali tune :P

@Fizzy: Thanks!

Agreed...the scene was just right without any hysterics. Thankfully it was only a Naku-Baji scene and not the whole PN clan scene. Btw Naku looked really vulnerable and innocent in her scene with AS. I guess it was her eyes which sort of had the right look.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sub_rosa

Okay, my thoughts on Dutta's 'Moment of Realization'! I'd say, it was no moment of realization at all, neither was I expecting any such 'moment' at this point....the realization had dawned long back in a gradual, step-by-step manner! For me, the moment where he extends his hand to her for tying that string was bigger😊 And I thought the FBs were perfectly in-sync with Dutta's thoughts!

I agree...the scene was really a big realization scene. Just that Dutta spelt out what he already knew. It was as Fatty put it abt Dutta's concern for Naku's worry.
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

But yes, anyways it is easy to overlook I guess.....personally my expectations had built more from that scene after reading the live update and everyone raving about it and those last two dialogues felt a bit unnatural to me....so a high kinda tempered to a medium there for me *shrugs*.....I personally enjoyed the beginning Dutta scene MUCH more.

Ahh well, like Rosa said....everyone is enjoying it....so it's fine. πŸ˜†

Exactly how I felt. I read the LU first and then watched the epi...so all the 'realization discussion made me expect something more...much more...OMG he realized, he finally thought of Nakku, a big moment, big, big, big....andddd phoos!

Originally posted by: make-believe

For the first time since his accident, in a conscious state and right mind, Dutta stumbled upon thinking of Nakku in the middle of what is pretty much a situation of crisis for him...he didn't voluntarily sit down to reflect on what he feels for Nakku, these thoughts found him suddenly...and the first thing that came back to him was how he treated her (thus those flashbacks and their significance), how they left off, how he had acted before this rude shock of an accident separated him from her...so he remembers that and feels the guilt which has become manifest enough for him to verbalize out loud and to himself after this accident...then he proceeds to worry about what must have happened, her looking for him, etc. which is natural because he was thinking of the news and everyone finding out about it...the only two dialogues which I felt were rushed and could have been done away with for now were, "Woh apni zindagi se zyada tujhse pyaar karti hai, Dutta. Na jaane uska kya haal hoye ra hoga." (Even the way MR delievered them seemed rushed (hoye ra hoga bit...) to me)...but the point there I think was supposed to be emphasis not on the depth of Nakku's love for him and his realization of it, but how crazy she must have driven herself in looking for him...the first statement was supporting and leading into the next rather than being the focus...the fact that her devotion to him must have left her in some state and he is worrying over that rather than thinking of how much she loves him...he isn't really thinking of her love directly...those words are just the approach he took in voicing his concern over how she must be coping.

Either ways, since this wasn't supposed to be his realization or proclamation, those two insignificant dialogues are easy to look over...yes, I thought it was bordering on being a tangent there, but it didn't take away from the rest of the scene for me at all.

@bold...I guess it all depends on how you see it. Before his accident, he did mellow down a bit...but they had lot to resolve b/w them. Like you said, this was the first time he thought of Nakku consciously....anddd it instantly dawns upon him how great Nakku's love has been and how idiotically he has been behaving?I have a problem with the lack of inner conflict in that scene. I can get the worrying part..that was a sort of reflex action...and really great...but then it seemed as if he, consciously, after having those flashbacks, let go of everything... All resolved? The slate wiped? 'Main hi uske pyar ko na samajh paya'!!?? Huh? So he's ready to forget and forgive now that he's blind and away from her? It's not as if he didn't know before the depth of her love for him...he knew, somewhere deep down he did...but he couldn't just come to terms with it or with his own feelings. And now suddenly, he's all OK with it? And still I don't really mind it much but I wish they had shown him stew over it a bit more...some conflict...a struggle within himself...some torment...something. Itni kya jaldi thi? Waise toh inki pace mashallah hoti hai aur ab itni jaldi par gai...jaise train bhaagi jaa rahi ho....hmph!
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: incandescence

@bold...I guess it all depends on how you see it. Before his accident, he did mellow down a bit...but they had lot to resolve b/w them. Like you said, this was the first time he thought of Nakku consciously....anddd it instantly dawns upon him how great Nakku's love has been and how idiotically he has been behaving?I have a problem with the lack of inner conflict in that scene. I can get the worrying part..that was a sort of reflex action...and really great...but then it seemed as if he, consciously, after having those flashbacks, let go of everything... All resolved? The slate wiped? 'Main hi uske pyar ko na samajh paya'!!?? Huh? So he's ready to forget and forgive now that he's blind and away from her? It's not as if he didn't know before the depth of her love for him...he knew, somewhere deep down he did...but he couldn't just come to terms with it or with his own feelings. And now suddenly, he's all OK with it? And still I don't really mind it much but I wish they had shown him stew over it a bit more...some conflict...a struggle within himself...some torment...something. Itni kya jaldi thi? Waise toh inki pace mashallah hoti hai aur ab itni jaldi par gai...jaise train bhaagi jaa rahi ho....hmph!

Hmm, Mash...I disagree but don't have time to reply in full since I need to prepare for class...Will write more in the afternoon.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: incandescence

I sort of understand what you're saying- all these months since the FR, we've seen Dutta's inner conflict with himself- we've watched how he's dealt with Naku's lie and how he's slowly mellowed down to the fact. It's difficult to digest an abrupt end to that war he was having with himself- I would have wanted him to at least ask himself what made Naku do what she did before completely forgetting about it all.

That doesn't mean Naku and Dutta cannot have a heartfelt reunion, but it just means that I still want Dutta to question Naku about her past- for them to completely open up to each other. This dialogue kind of brushes everything under the carpet and says that everything will be hunky dory once he gets back, FR all forgotten. I agree with what you're saying, they still have a lot to resolve between them, and then he can say how bad he's treated her, etc, etc.
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
Subii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hello rubal
how r u doing today?
rainurubal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Subii

hello rubal

how r u doing today?