Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: nureat01

Baaji must have given her a one time lesson just like the way he "taught" her driving in one goπŸ˜†πŸ˜†......apni Nakku is a fast learner....must have learned to read in that one sitting only🀣

Naku does know how to read...she read the love-letter meant for Supriya sometime in Feb last year!
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sub_rosa

Naku does know how to read...she read the love-letter meant for Supriya sometime in Feb last year!

Oh yessssss.....I totally forgot.....she must have gone to some basti school thenπŸ˜•.....but I wonder why she otherwise speaks in an illiterate fashion if she can read everything just fineπŸ˜•πŸ˜† Is she literate or non-literate? I'm confusedπŸ˜†
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

naku does know how to read..even babi.. i remember in one of the old epis (in the basti)..naku's pic was on d news paper..sethji came running to babi to show her the pic.. he cudnt read but was happy to see her pic in d paper..πŸ˜† but babi understood wat was written.. so i guess they know.. maybe learned by themselves...lol
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
@Anu...may be she knows how to read and write....but couldn't pursue studies for too long for obvious reasons! 
khushix thumbnail
Originally posted by: sub_rosa

@Anu...may be she knows how to read and write....but couldn't pursue studies for too long for obvious reasons! 

yea maybe she stopped when she started putting soot on her face..
Edited by khushix - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: khushix

yea maybe she stopped when she started putting soot on her face..

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....Soot in, studies out?πŸ˜†.....Man, that soot really took EVERYTHING away from her life, haan?πŸ˜†

khushix thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.....Soot in, studies out?πŸ˜†.....Man, that soot really took EVERYTHING away from her life, haan?πŸ˜†

yea well coz ppl started makin fun of her.. and so she probably didnt feel like goin bak to skul.. πŸ˜† its like when someone bullies u in skul n u dont feel like goin d next day...not that i've tried or anything..πŸ˜†
kadduu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: khushix

naku does know how to read..even babi.. i remember in one of the old epis (in the basti)..naku's pic was on d news paper..sethji came running to babi to show her the pic.. he cudnt read but was happy to see her pic in d paper..πŸ˜† but babi understood wat was written.. so i guess they know.. maybe learned by themselves...lol

then nakku's dialog "mein apnad naukrani kee anpad beti" might be a blooper... i mean why should she call herself illiterate then if she can read\write ...πŸ˜•

@nureat01 - yaa might have learned in one sitting from baaji is what i initially thought too πŸ€£... i was wondering why baaji is worried that nakku will see the papers in the first place and then she comes and reads. πŸ˜²πŸ˜†... ok i missed the letter part πŸ˜³

anyways thanks khushix and sub_rosa to clear the confusion πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Edited by -priya - 13 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
  hmm maybe by unpad they meant not formally educated as in went to school or stuff
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Mostly in bastis they have some govt schools around which are free...kids go there for some time and then usually drop out as they start working. These govt schools are pretty pathetic where teachers are mostly absent and students are all from the basti itself. It doesnt help the kids much whether to get educated or get their accent right. But many learn how to read and write atleast their mother tongue. That doesnt mean they get a real education. This whole situation gels with Naku. I have seen semi-educated maid's daughters like her except that they dont apply soot on their face.