Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

So what exactly was Arjun's revenge plan?

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I really needed to get this off my chest....

Arjun's revenge track is the most ill-conceived track I have ever come across. I may not watch many Hindi shows but I am certainly well read.
His revenge was to sleep with Annie? That's it? What does that mean? I thought he was out to seek revenge and not to add another notch to his bedpost. The strata of society that Khuranas belong to I don't think pre-marital sex is such a boo boo. Forget strata of society- I think this is a reality of the times we live in- and is very common in the larger cities of India across all segments of people. (Do google the India today sex survey- very insightful?) So what really is the point here?

Now everyone seems to think that Annie may get pregnant. Assuming that despite being so worldly wise (she did help Geet set up the seduction scene and has been playing all kinds of games with Arjun) she did not insist on using precaution while indulging in the act, I will try and explore that in greater detail the pregnancy track. But before that I need to get something off my chest- Getting pregnant is not a piece of cake...Unless Arjun has been diligently tracking Annie's monthly cycle- the probability of her getting pregnant is only 15-17%. Someone claiming to destroy MSK shouldn't be working with those kinds of odds...even I (who was never good at probability) know that! The biggest slap would be if she does not get pregnant.

So going with the majority audience here...Lets assume Super villain Arjun succeeds in impregnating Annie...what are the possible scenarios
1) Izzat pe dhabba: Incase his sister forgot to update him there are far bigger skeletons in the family closet than an unwed sister/daughter. This would be ridiculous. If Dadi can accept a pregnant DIL she can definitely accept a pregnant daughter. Mission Arjun- Failed!
2) They are powerful enough to suppress/control such rumors. The real scandals in India hardly ever get written about. Mission Arjun- Failed!
3) Now someone in Annie's position may choose to either Abort the baby or give birth to the baby
3 a) If she chooses to abort the baby- then no rumors, no khandaan ki izzat pe kalank. Mission Arjun- failed!        
3 b) If she chooses to keep the baby-
- then they always have the option of her going away and giving birth to her baby in a place away from the media glare. Given her age, Dadi and Maan may convince her to give up the baby for adoption. If not adoption and she chooses to raise the baby on her own- Her family has enough resources at their disposal to make life as comfortable for Annie and her child and provide all the emotional care and support that is needed. Mission Arjun: Failed!
- If it were left to me...Annie would file a paternity suit against Arjun and take him to the cleaners. Guess who is going to lose their izzat and their shirt? Mission Arjun: Failed!
4) Now let's assume that Arjun's main objective was to emotionally traumatize Annie- to get back at MSK..even there I think- She is only 18- People do get over heart breaks...It may take time but people do move on. Hasn't Maan replaced all of Geet's ugly memories with beautiful ones. Who is to say Annie will not find her own Prince sooner or later? He may cause a momentary blip- but in bigger scheme of things I don't think even this would lead anywhere. Mission Arjun: Partial success (May be)!

So someone please tell me what exactly was Arjun's revenge plan?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Much needed post Shrads๐Ÿ‘

Arjun is becoming another clone of Dev and its weird how Dev,Arjun all r hving 100% strike rates in making the women preggy just at one go...is it really possible in real life ??...๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†..I mean we married girls know better..right๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

No offence but CVs hv not really handled Geet's pregnency in a smart way and now making another character pregnent and showing a nonsense of history repeating itself will not make any sense...

It will b better if Annie too doesn't become preggy here and instead Arjun uses her just as a trump card to enter the khurana mansion or mayb khurana business so that we get to see man to man action between MSK and Arjun๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ rather than going through the torture of a cliched rotten Annir pregnency track๐Ÿฅฑ...
Good one Shraddha. I really hope they do not plan to go on another pregnancy track. Ek pregnancy to sambhal nahin rahi serial mein, what will we do with another one. Further one pregnancy created an emotional connect with the audience, second one will be a repetition from the story point of view, hence boring.

What I am hoping to see is that Arjun is not done yet. And he will probably have Annie dancing at his little finger and then create some complication for Khuranas. Of course, if that is the case his dialog to NT about having taken revenge will be blooper. (I have only read the update; so do not know what he said exactly. But my understanding is that it was something to that effect.)

I would rather opt for a blooper than assuming that, that was all to his revenge.
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Jyo: Another plausible track would be an MMS scandal or something like that...but this pregnancy business is just way too illogical!
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
good post shrads...very needed...

i wud love it if arjun has made her sex tape n blackmails her...... she is driven to suicide like NT tried...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
MMS scandal is a very good idea Shraddha.
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks dear... Exactly what i wanted to understand. Something that i was thinking about for the entire weekend... You have it all and much more to that... Thanks !!!

I just hope the CVs don't take the preggers path again.... However i donno why but it feels the CVs wont go the pregnancy path now... If my feeling is right then i'm waiting to find out what is it that they want to show.. ???
RajeevGurtiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very good post dear...
well i am really dissapointed in arjun's character he is worse than dev....
i don't get it.....in order to bring the brother down why use the sister....
even if he repents later i don't want annie to forgive or go back to him....
maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
expected a lot of suave and ruthless villainy from Arjun.... but if a pregnancy track is chosen....not only will arjun's full potential not be reached as a gray character, but this will turn out to be cliched as well....!
Edited by maansa - 13 years ago
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

arjun just is going the way dev went ,dev left his sis so arjun will do the same ,whatever we say annie loves arjun so dadi ,maneet excepting her is not the problem but seeing annie in pain  will be problem for maan particularly.as arjun is still ignorant abt nt's deed he is thinking tit for tat.he is in pain seeing his hypocrite sis in pain as she pretended so he taking revenge same way and annie can become pregnant as he can indulge her in the act now as many times as he wants,we all know annie wont stop him .