India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Will Dutta forgive Seema?

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged
The question popped into my head last night - while I was rewatching the much dreaded episode that had Seema and her forehead getting all splattered with her own blood.

I suppose that - at some point - he will forgive her. I suppose that he has to in order to get some sense of closure for himself. But how easily will he forgive her? Is it enough that she saved him from Chaskar? Is it enough that she tended to his wounds?

Let's rewind. Seema knows that he has family, yet she refuses to contact them, because she wants to keep him and make up for her bad deeds.

Selfish.

Seema says that maybe if she takes care of Dutta and he forgives her, then she can turn back to being Seema, not Chanda.

Selfish.

Do you guys think that the CVs actually mean for her actions to be selfish (because they want to turn her negative in the future), or are they trying to make her into an innocent, caring person whom we should sympathize with? Do you think that they are aware of how selfish her intentions actually are in all this? She's practically keeping him trapped for her own sake.

How can she redeem herself - if that is what she honestly wants - when her actions so far have some selfish intention behind it? This is about her redemption, thus it's fair of her to keep Dutta away from his family? She can't redeem herself by doing the right thing and bring him back to his family? She doesn't think of the possibility that he might have wife and kids? She doesn't think of the fact that considering how close he has always been to his AS and Baji, they would be worrying sick for him?

What is up with this character? Something's not right. If she's meant to be positive, then none of the intentions behind her actions are making much sense.

In the end, I can't help but think: Will Dutta forgive her? If he does, in my opinion, then it's just plain stupid. How can he so easily forgive someone who turned him into a killer? I don't think that he'll forgive her just because she fixed his wounds and hid him from Chaskar. We're talking about the ultimate betrayal here, the woman who ripped his heart out and practically ate it in front of him with a big fat grin on her face.

But with the CVs, who knows what they might do? They've already made a few mistakes that I'd never have expected to happen on LTL. Why not add this one to the list?

Okay, the pessimist is leaving now Big smile

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

neha2011desigrl414sasha_1divy609kadduuPooja_219*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie--bharti-Prinsesse.Suvimeghaparti

desigrl414 Goldie
desigrl414
desigrl414

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
as of now, i don't think he'll forgive her. she's trapped him in a room and they aren't telling him exactly where he is. so in a way they are keeping him there against his will. i have a feeling if he doesn't forgive her this will give the cv's a chance to keep the seema chapter open so if they want her to come back in the future that can happen and this time she would be negative.
-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Add me to the list of pessimists as even i feel they r tryg to portray seema   sufferering  for her past deeds nd as such would give her a chance to redeem herself by helpg dutta.  But they r not realising, by doing so she is again super selfish, as u remember when a few episodes back chacha asked her to send him to his family, she refused cause she thought she had a chance in getting back dutta in her life, so i wonder how they r gona convince with this contradiction where seema needs to redeem [even when she is being selfish], nd dutta needs a closure  of seema chapter 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neha2011mnx12-Carrie-

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl414

as of now, i don't think he'll forgive her. she's trapped him in a room and they aren't telling him exactly where he is. so in a way they are keeping him there against his will. i have a feeling if he doesn't forgive her this will give the cv's a chance to keep the seema chapter open so if they want her to come back in the future that can happen and this time she would be negative.

That is my theory as well. That he won't forgive her right away because he's feeling trapped - which he actually is. You're right that if they want to keep the Seema chapter open, then they'll probably not have him forgive her. But at the same time, why would they introduce her as a good, caring person who's seeking redemption, if they didn't intend for him to get closure? The only way for him to get closure is to forgive her, isn't it?

Yet, I don't want him to forgive her just like that. It's been seven years. It took her seven years to reach the point where she thought that she needed to ask for forgiveness and the way that she goes about it is by trapping him and keeping him from his family?

It seems to me that she's only adding to her list of wrongs. How are the CVs going to justify her actions/intentions?

Like you said, I think that there's a possibility that she might return as negative later on as well. Unless that the CVs are completely unaware of how contradicting her intentions are compared to her actions.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

desigrl414-Carrie-

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by brvr

Add me to the list of pessimists as even i feel they r tryg to portray seema   sufferering  for her past deeds nd as such would give her a chance to redeem herself by helpg dutta.  But they r not realising, by doing so she is again super selfish, as u remember when a few episodes back chacha asked her to send him to his family, she refused cause she thought she had a chance in getting back dutta in her life, so i wonder how they r gona convince with this contradiction where seema needs to redeem [even when she is being selfish], nd dutta needs a closure  of seema chapter 

Yes, it's exactly what annoys me as well. The whole Good Samaritan act seems off, because she is being selfish. I wonder, too, how the CVs are going to go about this whole Seema-redemption thing when she's keeping Dutta trapped and not even notifying his family about his well-being.

I don't see how she can redeem herself by helping Dutta. How does it make up for what she did to him, what she turned him into? Yes, if she sacrificed herself for him somehow (not necessarily death), then I suppose one could talk about a selfless act. Perhaps that's what the CVs are aiming for? That she's so sweet and we should sympathize with her, because later on she's going to sacrifice herself somehow and Dutta will finally forgive her? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

divy609-Carrie-

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged

Every action, every nuance,every look, each word spoken by D never fails to touch my heart in a myriad of ways I can't express. Been watching him for 10 months now yet everytime he does or says something that fills me with a pleasure filled & heart warming surprise.Like yesterday.He had grabbed Chanda with all his might & was interrogating her with a lot of anger & aggression.But the moment she says I saved you & for that u r so angry.Notice his exact gesture immediately after those words are out.He releases her promptly & not only that places such a reassuring hand on her shoulder as if suddenly being worried about her wellbeing.Here he is blind, injured,trapped in a unknown place yet in that one moment so much concern flowed from him for that strange woman.That is my man Dutta.I fell in love with him all over again in that moment. He himself will go through hell stoically but cannot bear to see another human suffer. Its why he saved Nakusha & her family all those months ago.Of course the initial reaction to Chanda would be nothing short of a bomb blast.But when he realises the kind of life she is leading serving dirty scoundrels like Chaskar all that deep compassion & empathy he has in him will come to fore.It will wash away all the unhealed wounds festering for so many years, drive away the anger & pain that have taken demonic proportions in his mind.If he is really the D I know & love  then he will not only forgive her but will also try to rehabilitate her in the cleaner section of society if she survives in the current track.The fact that the girl he loved & cherished so much has become a prostitute will really tame the feelings he has for her. But never in a million years will she ever get that place she had in his life back again.That is so lost forever.So needless to say there was & is no threat of Chanda ever enticing D as a lover or anything else.D is far far above that.

Hope I wasn't rambling too much.EmbarrassedVery well written post,Ana.Smile

Edited by ZubyDutta - 25 January 2011 at 6:25am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLaprettywomansub_rosadivy609

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZubyDutta

Every action, every nuance,every look, each word spoken by D never fails to touch my heart in a myriad of ways I can't express. Been watching him for 10 months now yet everytime he does or says something that fills me with a pleasure filled & heart warming surprise.Like yesterday.He had grabbed Chanda with all his might & was interrogating her with a lot of anger & aggression.But the moment she says I saved you & for that u r so angry.Notice his exact gesture immediately after those words are out.He releases her promptly & not only that places such a reassuring hand on her shoulder as if suddenly being worried about her wellbeing.Here he is blind, injured,trapped in a unknown place yet in that one moment so much concern flowed from him for that strange woman.That is my man Dutta.I fell in love with him all over again in that moment. He himself will go through hell stoically but cannot bear to see another human suffer. Its why he saved Nakusha & his family all those months ago.Of course the initial reaction to Chanda would be nothing short of a bomb blast.But when he realises the kind of life she is leading serving dirty scoundrels like Chaskar all that deep compassion & empathy he has in him will come to fore.It will wash away all the unhealed wounds festering for so many years, drive away the anger & pain that have taken demons proportions in his mind.If he is really the D I know & love  then he will not only forgive her but will also try to rehabilitate her in the cleaner section of society if she survives in the current track.The fact that the girl he loved & cherished so much has become a prostitute will really tame the feelings he has for her. But never in a million years will she ever get that place she had in his life back again.That is so lost forever.So needless to say there was & is no threat of Chanda ever enticing D as a lover or anything else.D is far far above that.

Hope I wasn't rambling too much.EmbarrassedVery well written post,Ana.Smile

Meh. Of course, Zuby. You're right. This is exactly what Dutta would do. It's what Nakku saw in him in the first place: his good heart. There might be anger and hate at first, but eventually he'll forgive her and it'll be a way of healing himself in the process.

And like you said, Seema can never have that place in his life back that she once had.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Carrie-

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
You know why Seema's actions aren't making sense, it;s coz she's Seema!LOL

I am sooo relieved that she's not shown to be all mahaan and sacrificing. There is only one person who can do that without seeming all unreal, our dear Naku. Y'day while I was watching the scene where Naku does her rounds, her savitri vrat, I was wondering about this. It could be that I'm blind to her faults coz I've come to love the character a lot. I really don't know, when she does all that, when she goes on without stopping inspite of the fact that her foot is bleeding, it doesn't make me laugh. Somehow I can believe it. She is Savitri to Dutta's Satyavan. She is the extremely superstitious, sometimes stupid girl from the slums. And her faith is something to be reckoned!

Seema is no Naku. She will never be. ANd that's why, even though she will remain Dutta's savior, she will never be able to match Naku's simplicity or her faith. Seema could save Dutta a hundred times and would still remain a stranger. Naku, on the other hand, would remain Dutta's wife even if she had to stay away from him for eons. Seema wants to be forgiven, wants to be loved....wants to win her love back. We might say that Naku's praying for the same reason too, but what we have to remember is that she has never asked for his love. Her love for him has always sustained her. She did resolve to leave Dutta once he forgave her, that was before she got to know what Kala was upto. Seema might try her best, but she'll always remain the girl who lost Dutta. Naku is the one who owns his soul. Seema's just there to help him reach Naku. That, is her redemption and her purpose. Smile

Sigh, I've missed the forum! Bledy work! Argh!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLasub_rosadivy609

Go to top