Rakt Sambandh

India-Forums

Rakt Sambandh
Rakt Sambandh

DOTW: Purushottam Jagirdar: ghar-ka ya ghat-ka?

Poll Question: Should Purushottam Jagirdar be punished in the end?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [36.36%]
1 [9.09%]
1 [9.09%]
5 [45.45%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Okay, here is something we've not commented on much, but on viewing, is really glaring: Purushottam's character.

At the start of the serial, he was one of the unwilling accomplices, but accomplice, nonetheless, to the Savratkar murder and the plot to have Neeraj impregnate Sandhya for  Yuvraj.  When Sandhya found that out and confronted him, among others, he made some excuses for why they did what they did.

After Neerdhya's escape, he accompanied them everywhere like a total lemming, and frankly, it was tough to tell which side he was on.  At one point, when he left them, Prabhavati asked that he be shadowed and dealt w/ if he did anything.  He left, and on Karva chauth, instead of staying away from her, turned up.

After that, when Yuvraj was in lock-up, all he could do was beg the police to allow Yuvraj a luxury hospital.  After Vrinda entered the house, he could see plainly what she was doing, but nowadays, just sits by & watches.  He neither takes her side, as Sunita initially did when she found out, nor does he oppose her.  Sometimes, he pops up like a jack-in-the-box, like when he did to stop Vrinda from having to pour alcohol over the Savratkar portrait, but other than that, he lets anybody do anything - Yuvraj torture DK, Prabha torture Sarla, etc.

So is he a villain, or just a victim of Prabhavati's success?  Only justification I can think of is that everything is in her name, but if that's the case, why not divorce her and leave that place, leaving everything to her, Pankaj & DK?  When Sarla confronted him on DK's disappearance, she described him as a eunuch, and Vrinda later on told Sunita that he was complicit by his silence.  Sunita in turn defended him, telling her that Neeraj too was initally willing to deceive her.  Only difference - Neeraj stopped doing it after the first time & supported Sandhya from then on, whereas Purushottam so far hasn't disowned Prabhavati, Yuvraj, Pankaj nor DK.  And speaking of which, Sunita too is now squarely on the side of her family.

At the end of this, do you think Purushottam deserves to be punished or not?  And if so, to what extent?  Should he be jailed w/ Prabhavati, DK, Pankaj & Yuvraj, or stay loose?  Should he get back his property once they are jailed, or is there the danger that he'll use it to try and get them bailed?  And if he is  still loose, should Neeraj & Sandhya forgive him and go back to him, or should they stay away from him and start their own life elsewhere?  How about Sarla & Sunita?  Should  Sarla be jailed for defaming Gayatri's daughter Priya?  Should Sunita be  jailed if she does anything for the Jagirdars?

Use this thread to discuss what you think should happen to the Jagirdars in general, but Purushottam & Sarla in particular.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

p0lkad0tkalika_29pul18KS_Minion

KMH2 IF-Rockerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.KS_Minion

kalika_29 Senior Member
kalika_29
kalika_29

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Yes, he should be punished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is said that a person who supports a crime is much bigger culprit than a person who commits a crime!!!!!!!!

Here may be puru has not committed any crime but some or the other way he is also related in Mr. savratkar's murder.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.KS_Minion

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Okay, the way it ended - Puru was the first to surrender, and later, when the  Jagirdars were arrested, the commissioner told them that he had admitted everything.  Had only Sandhya known that,  they could have pulled off this coup w/o DK once the property was turned over.  His turning witness would have been enough, added to the narcotest CDs.  It  strikes me as somewhat ridiculous  that DK  gets an even lighter sentence than Puru.  I'd prefer  it if they were released together.

I know the property is being auctioned, but what about their companies, and other operations.  Obviously Sandhya  ain't gonna run those - she just wants to be back  home.  They've not thought this through, but maybe give it to American returned Damodar, so that he can pick the pockets  of  all employees causing them all to quit and making the company bankrupt LOL

So Sunita's chapter ends w/  her leaving DK?  Felt rather sad - would have preferred her to present him w/ divorce papers, and demanded that he sign it.  And I'd have preferred  her to get some of the proceeds - while I can see Sandhya offering it to her, I can't see her accepting it.  Anyway, hope she finds a new  hubby - even Raghu-da would be an improvement over DK LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KS_Minion

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
One more question - would you consider it unethical if Sandhya breaks her promise to DK to give him half the property once he is released?

KS_Minion

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
I really think that Puru is as guilty as the rest of them. Even though he didn't do anything himself, he didn't stop them from doing anything. I don't think that he should be let loose. I also believe that DK shouldn't be let loose either. Even if Sandhya was to betray him, I don't think it would unethical. You sow what you reap.

.Vrish.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index