rainabow

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
sorry double post

Edited by rainabow - 27 January 2011 at 8:46pm

lotus8 Senior Member
lotus8
lotus8

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
I am not a regular viewer of this serial but do read the updates and watch the episodes sometimes. I only have to say that, think from an Indian family's perspective who are anyways not liking the girl their son has gotten married to ( Leave Kalyani out of this) . Kalyani is well educated and an OB/GYN, she clinically understands a woman's body and emotions too to some extent. But Dadi, the other daughter in law and the father represent an average Indian who would not understand a woman at that emotional level. For them, Nandini had relations with her sister's brother in law and she hid them until now. They have not accepted her anyways so forget about understanding her as a rape victim.

To me, the way Prem found this out was so horrible. And the way he went to bring her back the very next day was very surprising. No matter how much one loves his/her spouse, they all need time to digest the bitter facts of life. This one is real bitter for Prem who always saw Nandini as a quiet docile and shy girl. I appreciate his understanding but at the same time this is not a real life Indian spouse who does not try to get to know the circumstances or the name of teh person.

And Nandini should come out more open and honest with Prem without worrying about the relationship of her sis in law who is just going to be related to Krushna, her own fiance is better than Krushna.

Its very easy to watch the whole story and sympathise with one character as we know that she is the victim but in real life we are the jury who happen to see both sides and most of the times it is difficult to judge as we get biased with our understanding of the characters who need justice from us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rainabow

There is not a single character who behaved as they should have.

Gautum is just a royal d**k. Up until today he was just a vapid no name stand-in for a father who had no role on this show except to fill an extra pair of pants. Now he is kicking up a fuss and throwing his weight around. Why? They should have just kept him on the back burner. Not only did he treat Nandini like the dirt beneath his shoes, he disrespected his own wife.

Daadi and Urmila are just blots on womankind. They are beyond hope and it is fruitless to even discuss them.

Prem was a disappointment. Instead of thinking about HER trauma, HER pain, HER feelings--all he did was whine about himself, as though what she did to him was worse than what she had to go through. Over and over again like a broken record, he kept asking the same question: Why didn't you tell me? Well Prem, she DID tell you. You just didn't get a chance to hear it.

Then he watched as his wife, who was raped, had to leave the house and travel back home on foot at night in the dark. At least he owned up to it and apologized, but his initial response was just appallingly selfish. He needs to show some emotional intelligence.

Kalyani, bless her heart, is the only person with any sense in that house, but I still feel she could have struck back harder.

Unfortunately in an ultra traditional family like this, full of busybodies with idle hands, it is assumed that everything is everybody's business. Like you, I wish they had simply come out and said it's not. I also wish someone would come out and speak up on this matter that women have to be pure and virginal on their wedding night. If Prem had consensual sex before marriage, I wonder who would care? Probably no one. But Nandini is forced, and she is dubbed a harlot.

I'm keeping an open mind though. In many ways, it's quite a leap to even base a story on such a taboo. We'll see how it goes from here on out.

well said

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dil Se Diya Vachan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index