What makes Ajay Devgan so special and tick?

Posted: 13 years ago
Enkayaar, Glamsham Editorial

There are no two doubts about the fact that Ajay is the real success story for 2010, what with RAAJNEETI, GOLMAAL-3 and AAKROSH etc. The diversified roles that he has enacted have made him darling of the masses. However, is it the only factor that has endeared him to the audience?

Well, Ajay Devgan is the first actor in all probability who had the guts to play a character belonged to a low caste and carrying the role with aplomb, a sort of enactment of the role of the downtrodden who aspire to move up the social ladder but do not have the role models either through cinema or through any other medium to emulate. Hollywood actors undertake these kinds of roles in a regular fashion, but not so Hindi cinema.

May be, after Ajay Devgn with his two brilliant performances in the form of characters that belong to the socially depraved category, has expanded his outreach across the masses in such a big proportion through his portrayals in AAKROSH and RAAJNEETI, a difficult act for other actors to emulate.

Indeed, if one were to do a disc scan of our memories, it would be difficult to find out from the current crop of actors, leaving aside Ajay Devgn who has portrayed characters that belong to those who live on the fringe of society. Ajay Devgn started this experimentation with LAJJA on a large scale and expanded his outreach by leaps and bounds.

CHECK OUT: DIL TOH BACCHA HAI JI Movie Preview

Cinema after all is a portrayal of whatever is happening in real life, and if cinema is not able to pick up real characters, i.e. those who are living at the fringe of society but aspire to join the bandwagon of development, then it is not serving its purpose at all. Cinema can never continue to etch out characters that do not find connect in the real world. For that matter, if viewed from this perspective, even GOLMAAL-3 would also fall in the same category as Ajay Devgn plays the role of an orphan.

Incidentally, it was Big B who had cultivated and nurtured such characters through scores of his films, that were primarily responsible for making him what he is today, and Ajay Devgn also seems to have realized that this path is indeed the path that would provide longevity to his acting career. May, in the current year more such actors take this path.

Incidentally, Prateik Babbar seems to be doing just that through DHOBI GHAT, and maybe he could also chart out a path of his own for himself, and if it happens, he would have to thank Kiran Rao profusely for it.

😃😃😃
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He is a brilliant actor. I completely agree, he was amazing in Rajneeti. He is experimenting with different films and he is exceeding really well with comedy, and serious cinema such as Aakrosh, OUATIM and of course Rajneeti. I still find him very underrated.

Originally posted by: ruky786

He is a brilliant actor. I completely agree, he was amazing in Rajneeti. He is experimenting with different films and he is exceeding really well with comedy, and serious cinema such as Aakrosh, OUATIM and of course Rajneeti. I still find him very underrated.

Yes, he is very verstaile and does all genres with ease!  😃
wida thumbnail
he is really gooed
and i agree with ruky he is underrateddd
i think he is one of the bestt actors that bollywood has.. andd he does all kind of genres .. and he succeed in all his character all genress..
i cant wait for dil toh bahca hai jee..really wanna go and watch movie
.. Love him andd emraan hashmi together
👎🏼 I guess Ajay Devgan does not interest us much.  But that is ok.  On to the next topic!  😉 Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What makes Ajay Devgan so special ?

He is not a Khan... 😉 😆

Thats what makes him special......
Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: -Maddy-

What makes Ajay Devgan so special ?

He is not a Khan... 😉 😆

I saw the preview for Koffee with Karan next week and Ajay is on there.  He is doing very well critically and commercially right now with a lot of successful films.  Still, he is not on par with the Khans.  So ironic.  😆
I used to be a Ajay Devgan fan when I was a teen. But I've watched his Diljale, Major Saab, Itihaas and all other crap movies dozen of times. Don't ask me why. 

Phew....that felt good. 

Originally posted by: xetaxeta

I used to be a Ajay Devgan fan when I was a teen. But I've watched his Diljale, Major Saab, Itihaas and all other crap movies dozen of times. Don't ask me why. 

Phew....that felt good. 

He has a lot of charisma and his recent movies have done spectacular business.  I think he will be around for many more years to come.  😃
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: eroticlover

I saw the preview for Koffee with Karan next week and Ajay is on there.  He is doing very well critically and commercially right now with a lot of successful films.  Still, he is not on par with the Khans.  So ironic.  😆

Just because he does not have the massive following and the hysteria that the others have does not mean that he is not in par with them....

He has his own place in the industry and his acting abilities are far superior to some of the superstars....