Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 is rigged' - article (Page 3)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta_salman

Originally posted by debayon

I had no doubt about it being rigged. That's why I am not a frequent watcher of the show. There is a lot of inadvertent diplomacy that goes within the show, it's like a minuscule model of a corrupt government.

This article absolutely proves it. On the other hand, not all articles are true. Like I remember, there was an article about Krushna crying or something after his elimination. Nothing of the sorts happened. Similarily, there was an article about Daya being in the bottom 3, when he wasn't. So, it is really hard to believe sources that are supposed to give information to the mass about the events going on, aka the media.
all shows are like this only ... not just jhalak
and yeh you never know when to believe media ... thts why i was sayin tht it might be a fake article
Yeah, I feel all shows are rigged, so just enjoySmile Honestly though, I've been watching DID Doubles, since the quality of dance is better(although it's understandable why it is so), plus, a couple of my friends would get mad if I didn't watch itLOL Anyways, I have seen signs of bias on that show, but not signs of rigging.

Yes, media is no longer an institution from where you can learn the truth, it is a whole different branch by itself that involves practices like yellow journalism and its influence to manipulate the media.

I feel like I'm overanalyzing.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

I don't know about the show being rigged or not, but Krushna's arguments (if they are his own and the article is true) really do not point to rigging.

Okay, why does Krushna think he is the most popular person in JDJ? There are others also who are very popular. And again, vote dynamics is complicated and depends on many factors- it is highly unpredictable and unreliable to say the least.

And frankly its not as if Krushna was a stupendous awesome stunning dancer. Yes, he was good, but so were many others. In fact, in the 4 performances he gave, his Lavani was not liked by many cos it lacked the grace and was made comical, and his last performance too was not very good.

So why is he behaving as if he was the best of all who got eliminated and his elimination was really really shocking?

If the channel had saved him, then in fact we could have suspected rigging, cos Sony would have liked to keep the channels faces in the competition. Like now that news is out that Movers and Shakers will be back on Sony soon, everyone is suspecting Sony of being partial to Shekhar Suman. The fact that he got eliminated despite being the channel's face, and Mahi, Ragini, Sushant and Ankita got saved itself goes against the rigging claim.

The article sounds, as if he is upset that he was not favoured by the channel inspite of being the channel's face. Honestly, what did he expect- he would blame the channel and judges of rigging and then would get welcomed by roses?

Does he think that the audience is a better judge than the three judges themselves, that he is complaining that judges were unfair to him in the WC round? At the end of the day, audience giving a standing ovation is not of such a big consideration as to how much the judges liked the performance- cos its they who are familiar with the intricacies and technicalities of dance- and especially when the results are based on judges marks and not votes.

And where calling Govinda to eliminate him is concerned- invitations to celebrity judges are sent in advance. Episodes are telecasted on Monday—Tuesday, and shooting for next episode takes place on Wed-Thursday. So the results of the voting for previous episode come in by Wednesday morning. So this means that Krushna expects that the celebrity judge should have been asked on the morning of the shooting not to come cos the channel found out on the day of the shoot that Krushna was the one who was gonna be eliminated? Yes, he must have felt embarrassed, but Krushna needs to understand that nothing could have been done in such a scenario. Krushna has actually dug a hole for himself, by laying serious blames on the channel which gave him so much name and fame.

The only reason that creates suspicion in my mind about the show being scripted is the support that Shekhar Suman is getting, especially since the time I've heard that Movers and Shakers is coming back on Sony. But then again, voting system is highly unpredictable, and there are a lot factors which fluctuate voting patterns on which I've written in detail elsewhere, so it becomes difficult for me to say conclusively that show is rigged. As of now, I'm still giving the benefit of doubt to JDJ.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

saavan_loverCuteCherry..yajnaseni..TiyalidebayonYusBeeTani91

-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

Yeah, I feel all shows are rigged, so just enjoySmile Honestly though, I've been watching DID Doubles, since the quality of dance is better(although it's understandable why it is so), plus, a couple of my friends would get mad if I didn't watch itLOL Anyways, I have seen signs of bias on that show, but not signs of rigging.

Yes, media is no longer an institution from where you can learn the truth, it is a whole different branch by itself that involves practices like yellow journalism and its influence to manipulate the media.

I feel like I'm overanalyzing.LOL
yeh we always say just sit back and enjoy but no matter wht when ur fav doesnt win it hurts nahEmbarrassed esp if theyre deserving .. but on other hand u think its just a rigged show lol

yeh media is no longer a way of findin out information ... hope the news stays reliable but u can also see glimpses of exageration or bias these days
every channel gives the same news but with different details and wht favours them most ... gosh for sure dont trust anyone .. esp media Ouch

debayon

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I agree that Krushna sounded really cocky in this article...well, I don't really know him, so I can't comment on his personality and whether such comments are typical of him...

I must confess that I have no idea of the soaps on Indian TV...and therefore, am not familiar with the soap actors. But I would presume the soap stars having a greater fan following than any of the non-soap actors. Yet, you see contestants like Ankita leaving the show wayy before Shekhar(even though she was saved).

Another thing, Krushna and Shekhar work on the same show, Comedy Circus, if I am not wrong? Shekhar is merely a judge there, and as far as I have seen CC, I have only seen the judges laughing and judging the performances...while the contestants(ie Krushna and Co) perform comedy acts. So, it is most likely Krushna would have a greater fan following than Shekhar. And yet Krushna is eliminated way before Shekhar is? I honestly can't think of anyone voting for Shekhar unless they are still in love with his old shows, like Vilyati Babu etc.LOL But what do I know? Anyways, I smell something fishy there. Yes, there might be other factors involved such as regional voting, but there is no evidence supporting that claim, whereas there is more evidence regarding the show being rigged based on some other incidents on the show, like Yaana-Salman's premature elimination(for whatever reason it may be), which I think would make me give rigging the benefit of the doubt.

nikitagmc

HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged

I agree that Krushna sounded really cocky in this article...well, I don't really know him, so I can't comment on his personality and whether such comments are typical of him...

I must confess that I have no idea of the soaps on Indian TV...and therefore, am not familiar with the soap actors. But I would presume the soap stars having a greater fan following than any of the non-soap actors. Yet, you see contestants like Ankita leaving the show wayy before Shekhar(even though she was saved).

Another thing, Krushna and Shekhar work on the same show, Comedy Circus, if I am not wrong? Shekhar is merely a judge there, and as far as I have seen CC, I have only seen the judges laughing and judging the performances...while the contestants(ie Krushna and Co) perform comedy acts. So, it is most likely Krushna would have a greater fan following than Shekhar. And yet Krushna is eliminated way before Shekhar is? I honestly can't think of anyone voting for Shekhar unless they are still in love with his old shows, like Vilyati Babu etc.LOL But what do I know? Anyways, I smell something fishy there. Yes, there might be other factors involved such as regional voting, but there is no evidence supporting that claim, whereas there is more evidence regarding the show being rigged based on some other incidents on the show, like Yaana-Salman's premature elimination(for whatever reason it may be), which I think would make me give rigging the benefit of the doubt.

The soap watching audience may be getting distributed between Sushant, Ragini, Ankita and Mahi. Plus most soaps are watched by women, who tend to vote for guys rather than girls- plus its SUSHANT we are speaking of Wink(He's horribly adorableEmbarrassed) and he is the leader of the pack currently where dancing is concerned. That might be a possible reason for less votes to the girls- more votes to Sushant and less to the rest of the girls.

Shekhar doesn't really have a lot of appeal, but he does seem to have a lot of support. Regional bias- yes, maybe possible- he has done the 'proud Bihari' thing on JDJ, remember? Plus he had stood in election in Bihar too. We don't really come to know of regional bias until it becomes like, really severe. Plus he has a lot of support too- in the telly industry  and outside. I think his popularity (whatever he hasLOL) is not cos of being a judge on comedy circus, but more cos of his old shows, as you rightly pointed out- I would anyday myself chose Shekhar in dekh bhai dekh, over Krushna in Comedy Circus- but that's the opinion of one- not all- the majority probably would prefer Krushna, or maybe middle age audience would prefer Shekhar- you know, sympathy votes??? Uff!- confusing! Confused He hasn't displayed much potential through dancing though, so its difficult to assume he might have garnered new fans on the show .

Even after all these permutation and combinations, somehow, we aren't quite getting the right equation- so I'm myself confused what is happening in the show. Shekhar still on JDJ stage is a big big mystery! LOL Rigged or not, the performances are good, and hopefully someone deserving will win and make our time watching JDJ worthwhile.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91debayon

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
@debayon

DID is rigged too(to a certain extent). No matter what the quality of the participants is, each mentor will have atleast one team in the finalLOL

every dance show is rigged to a cetain extent. They are not really doing it to unearth hidden talent. it is abt who brings teh drama and the trps to the table

debayon

Sanu4u IF-Rockerz
Sanu4u
Sanu4u

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article

Go to top