India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

The old Kiran (Page 2)

mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

ya, u all are rite, the old kiran is skinnier, delicate and better looking than the kiran rite now! anybody else got more pics of her?

-*(*)*Mika*(*)*

Deli Senior Member
Deli
Deli

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by queenbee

Deli, I saw the promos of that movie... she was dancing wearing this black jacket.. looking quite funny in a cute kinda way LOLLOL  that was before the nose job i think Wink

Just remembered the name of the movie: Asa nu maan Watana da.. right??

Yes, that's the one!Tongue

Fairuze Senior Member
Fairuze
Fairuze

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sks20

I think Neeru made a much better Kiran than the current one. She was more glamorous too! Does anyone agree?

ya i agree!
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 2:50am | IP Logged

Oh yes,absolutely.The new one is an absolute wash out.Even after watching her in so many episodes,when I think of Kiran,it's the old one who comes to the mind.The intensity of her emotions and her possessiveness about Abhi looked absolutely real.She actually looked in love.U just couldn't help hating her but she never irritated you.The new one is an eyesore!!!

Neeru Bajwa's accent was so cute and she spoke Hindi in a very anglicised accent which suited her character and her mindset so well.The new one actually looks and sounds no different than hoards of other dolled up mannequin vamps who have nothing in the name of real talent or sceen presenceDead

bollyfreak Senior Member
bollyfreak
bollyfreak

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
i dont like her that much. well..she was a good actress but i didnt think she was all that pretty. i dont think the newer one is either but still. I didnt like that other ones nose. Haha..but umm you could totally tell she wasnt raised in india cuz everytime she spoke english, she spoke it with a american or canadian accent.
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
 Yes she wasn't pretty at all.And somehow that only added to the character.Here was a man who had a drop dead beauty for a wife who was rich successful, very cultured and put everyone before her own happiness.Here was the other girl who was passably good looking,a struggler who did not think twice before stepping on to someone's toe or even the entire body to acieive what she wanted.And she was shown to be a girl who had been born and brought up in Canada by her mom who was a single parent.Kiran too had a father who walked out on her mother for another woman,making her similar to Astha.
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Oh yes,absolutely.The new one is an absolute wash out.Even after watching her in so many episodes,when I think of Kiran,it's the old one who comes to the mind.The intensity of her emotions and her possessiveness about Abhi looked absolutely real.She actually looked in love.U just couldn't help hating her but she never irritated you.The new one is an eyesore!!!

Neeru Bajwa's accent was so cute and she spoke Hindi in a very anglicised accent which suited her character and her mindset so well.The new one actually looks and sounds no different than hoards of other dolled up mannequin vamps who have nothing in the name of real talent or sceen presenceDead

I completely agree, Minnie.  I think Astitva was very convincing & good until they suddenly switched characters for Kiran..Confused

innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

i actually started watching astitva at exactly the time the switched kiran....so have not seen any episodes with old kiran. consequently, i think the new kiran is fantastic - can't imagine anyone else taking her place.....other than that, she's a drop dead beauty!!! ;)

Go to top