Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Salman Khan- What's in a name? (Page 5)

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prettywomen22

What's in a name is just a saying.  Most of thing in today's world is in a name.  You struggle and come up to a level and from their it is name that carries you further.

I completely agree with u...in some instances that's 100% the case.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ArushiBS

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by julyprincess

I read somewhere that Sunny Deol and Bobby deal have different birth names as well. Sunny is Ajay Singh Deol and Bobby is Vijay Singh Deol.  It's funny how their real names sound 'bollywood' like something you would hear as actors names in reel life but it doesn't sound filmy to them in real life.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. You're right! LOL
ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Hmmm,I get what you say, and I sorta agree with it.

At the same time, at least he'll be in the newsWink Anyways, there would naturally be a comparison between Salman Khan the dancer and Salman Khan the bollywood star, maybe Salman the dancer might wanna change his name again and contact Mr. Bejan Daruwalla(a famous numerologist)LOL

He came on Big Boss too. The guy is something man. Daaruwala LOL
-SanzAngel- IF-Rockerz
-SanzAngel-
-SanzAngel-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Rachna--

Actually his name is not Salman at all, it's just a nickname for him LOL His real name is Mohammed Ghouse Khan.

The topic opener does have a valid point but I don't think the dancer Salman wants to be an actor, he might probably want to be a choreographer. But still that would mean 2 Salman Khan's in the Bollywood industry. Then I guess he would want to go by some other name like Akshay Kumar
which I personally don't agree with . His real name isn't Akshay Kumar, it's Rajiv Bhatia LOL

i agree with u rachnaSmile !! sirf naam change kiya haiEmbarrassed ... so whts the big deal yar !! ConfusedConfused
-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
@Sana ... chemistrylicious avi girl Embarrassed

-SanzAngel-

-SanzAngel- IF-Rockerz
-SanzAngel-
-SanzAngel-

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta_salman

@Sana ... chemistrylicious avi girl Embarrassed

ohh thanksssss Wink

-desigirl-

Dimdim. IF-Rockerz
Dimdim.
Dimdim.

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
"Name "is the only thing given by one's  parents. Its a thoughtful gift to one's child. Why change it?

If its inappropriate or sounds like some other foul word changing maybe necessary. Names like  Asit , Kshitij have it hard specially in America.....changing it makes sense.

Govinda was asked to change his name he refused. Name doesn't change anything . Its the person's insecurity which plays a big role in it.

Fame comes with  destiny. If a person has to shine he will, name hardly matters. Ajay Devgan's official name is Vishal. His nickname is Ajay....which is still okay...

Changing to Salman Khan sounds like a desperate attempt.
Ankita Lokhande is Tanuja according to one her interviews.

Edited by KripaRajput - 24 January 2011 at 10:13am
lfaiyaz Newbie
lfaiyaz
lfaiyaz

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PandorasBox

I don't think it was a wise descision on Salman (Yaana's choreographer on JDJ) to change his name. For those of you who are lost, initially, Salman's Khan's original name was Md. Ghouse. When he was on DID the day bollywood Salman Khan made an appearance , he said his family and friends called him Salman. I guess he's a fan of his and they say imitation is a form of flatery. While at that time, it might of seem like a good idea (I mean people would would subconsciously link him to the "hero" Salman which  increase vote appeal) , it might backfire on him.

My reasoning behind this is quite simple; there isn't room for two Salman Khans in Bollywood. When a newcomer debuts, there better be some uniqueness about them in order for them to stick out and become a staple on screen. The confusion that will lead to sharing a name with a currently popular actor is a big drawback. The comparisons would be inevitable and never-ending, even if dancer Salman doesn't resemble much like Bollywood Salman. That is a lot of pressure to put on a new-comer, not to mention the backlash he might receive. 

I remember in Elementary school when we had two classmates sharing the same name, we'd always come up with ways to differientiate them (sometimes calling them by their last names) I was told it is highly an inconvience on those students as one of my friend has faced similar situation. She would cringe everytime some kid would come up with what he considers a clever way to differentiate her (long-haired Amy, short Amy, smart Amy, etc)It wouldn't have been a big deal if Bollywood Salman wasn't relevant today, but he is. I'm not completely sure if Bollywood is Salman's target but if it is, the road ahead might prove to be difficult. Stars like Salman Khan, Amir Khan, SRK, etc have been around for a long time. It took years to win the hearts of their enormous worldwide fanbase. Making it in Bollywood is a daunting task. Perseverance, talent, attitude and LUCK goes a long way but a name is like your label. It plays a significant part in how people react to you albeit how unfair it might seem.

That being said, something like a name might seem trivial to many of us. I mean, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, right? But that's not the case in the entertainment industry.

-Just a thought that sprung to life when hearing the host introducing Salyana pair-

For all of you who have been discussing "Salman's so called NAME issue" ever since DID 1 let me make 1 thing clear I am Salman's cousin sister and we have been together since our childhood his mom is my bua.. So let me once for all clear this dilemma of he changing his name to seek attention or being a desperate attempt to copy Salman Khan... Salman has always had 2 names one by which he has his academic records and one which we use to address him at home just like his elder brother who also has 2 names.. 

Salman's name as per his academics is Mohammed Ghouse Yusuf Khan and pet name or what we call him is Salman Khan and his brother's name is Abdul Gaffar Yusuf Khan and what we call him is Saud Khan... I don't understand why has there been so many discussions about this you don't know whats told to them when they are off camera so I please request you all not to misjudge Salman just coz he asked ppl to address him by his pet name its not a brand new name that he gave himself on DID its just the name what he is addressed as by his close related people.. I don't see any harm in that...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

banker008-desigirl-Anjaani_Dastaan-Aaliyah-

Go to top